Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M5 wrote: »
    12.45 on Sat or 12 on Sunday i would bet

At a guess, these will be the TV fixtures for the opening day... Well ideally from a Newky point of view, this is what I would like:

Saturday:

12:45pm - Man City V Swansea

5:30pm - Newcastle V Arsenal

Sunday

1:30pm - QPR V Bolton

4:00pm - WBA V Man United

Monday

8:00pm - Wigan V Norwich

Setanta will probably pick up the the Liverpool V Sunderland game I'd say at 3pm.

Wonder how accurate I'll be. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

bazual wrote: »
    From the J_Enrique3 twitter account (real/fake who knows!!!)

you and me both Jose!!

He doesnt have a twitter account but I reckon he'll be on the move. If we can get 10mil for him, yes please! Get in a proven LB then. not some numpty from Swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

AFAIK this is his real one

http://twitter.com/#!/Josenufc3

spudwiser wrote: »
    AFAIK this is his real one

http://twitter.com/#!/Josenufc3

He has a facebook page but never uses it. Danny simpson said theres only him, barton, jonas, shane ferguson, gosling and one or two others on it.

Wouldnt believe anything on twitter unless i know 100% its them or from the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

M5 wrote: »
    Bloggers eh....

http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/06/uncategorized/is-this-newcastle-star-really-good-enough-for-arsenal?

should be banned from using a PC ever again, so many holes i dont know where to start

That is a painfully awful article.

Mercifully some of his fellow gunners absolutely savage him in the comments section.

Whoever ends up with Jose is getting a fine, fine player.(Obviously I pray almost daily he stays and signs a new deal, though there's probably about a 5% chance of that happening.)

Reports in France saying that Erding is close to a move. So himself and one of Barnetta/Zog would do quite nicely.

Anyone know about these lads?

"Newcastle are believed to be stepping up their interest in forward duo Teteh and Mohamed Bangura.

Both players hail from Sierra Leone and have struck up a strong friendship that saw Teteh join up with Mohamed at Swedish side AIK Solnas where the pair currently play."

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Since we probably need 2 players for each position and decent competition for places i have come up with my first and second XI
    First team
    Krul
    Simpson Collocini Williamson Ferguson

Marveaux Tiote Cabeye Jonas
    Ben Arfa Ameobi
    2nd team..
    Harper
    R Taylor S. Taylor Kadar Perch

Gosling Vuckic/Donaldson Guthrie Lovenkrand

Ba Best
    Players left out; Ranger, Airey, Lua Lua , Foster, Soderberg, Inman, Tavenier, Tozer..(some of these or even all of these could be loaned out on a short term basis)

When you write it out we have a fairly big squad but we are lacking in the fullback areas.. a good utility back lik John O Shea might be a decent punt.. will be on huge wages tho but someone like him..

Hard to pick the starting 11 and not start too many new players.. i'm presuming here that Barton and Enrique are going but if not then they would automatically be in the first team... go on sure tell me yours!!!

My first post in the new thread!! :D:D

That second team looks sh*t in all fairness.

Best is transfer listed and can see him going to Birmingham tbh. Whether they'll match the £4 million price tag remains to be seen.

You left out Barton too gav. :eek:;)

This is the way I can see us lining up provided we sign Erding.
    Krul

Simpson --- Coloccini --- Williamson --- Ferguson

Tiote

Barton --- Mavreaux

Cabaye

Erding --- Ben Arfa

On paper, that is an extremely attacking line up especially down the left. I can see Jonas being shipped out myself.

As a second team (Carling Cup team) I wouldn't mind this.
    Harper

R Taylor --- Kadar --- S Taylor --- Fúck knows? Perch??

Sammy Ameobi/Gosling --- Guthrie --- Donaldson --- Vuckic

Lovenkrands/Airey --- Ba/Ameobi

When you compare that team to the one that finished last season it has a lot of changes. I dont mind attacking wing play as long as Tiote and Cabeye are there.. Was never the biggest fan of Jonas but you cant fault his work rate.

Is Ben Arfa more effective on the wing or just behing the striker?

We probably have enough average strikers lik Best, Lovenkrands.. Can offload them and try and bring on Airey and maybe Ranger though i think a loan spell to a lower league team might show us if he's any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'd like to see Forster come in too, let him and Krul fight it out for the first team spot.

Am I the only one who'd be putting Ba in the first team (if fit)?

If he starts the next season the way he finished the last and has a good pre-season i can see him being first choice. We are all expecting Ben Arfa to come in and be a revelation as well.. hopefully he wont be affected by that leg break lik Eduardo was and is more lik Valencia.. but we will have to see during the pre-season..

Any plans for pre-season friendlies in Ireland?

I'd like to see Forster come in too, let him and Krul fight it out for the first team spot.

I'd have Ben Arfa and Ba up front. We've not signed Erding so naturally, they would be my first choice pairing anyway.

I know HBA is a winger but I think he could do a good job up front because Mavreaux plays out on the wing. If Mavreaux should get injured, we can slot HBA on the left and stick Shola or Lovenkrands up front with Ba.

It's a mad looking team compared to that of last year.

Hughton was still manager, Nolan our captain and everything looking rosy.

Ridiculous the sh*t that has gone off in the last year tbh.

Yeah it's too much really, i'd liked to have kept as much of the core of that side as possible. First bunch of players that weren't just a bunch of mercenaries that i've seen in our colours in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

As a Sunderland fan I reckon you'll line up like this:
    Krul

Simpson Collocini Williamson New Signing

Tiote

New Signing
    Cabaye
    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Maybe Barton in place of New Signing, but I think he'll be off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »
    Krul

Tiote

New Signing
    Cabaye
    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

I'd vouch for that too, NUFC will do everything they can to sell Barton this summer, if they can't then he'll stay (obviously enough :pac: )

As for new signings, as much as we've given up on N'Zogbia; some journalists think there's still a real chance of us getting him.
    Barnetta/N'Zogbia. Erding would be preferable.

Wigan want £10m for a guy in the last year of his contract, entitles us to ask for £15m for Enrique!

• Advertisement

Krul

Tiote

New Signing
    Cabaye
    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Simpson and Williamson are Championship standard on their very best days. Taylor isnt cream of the crop either but he'll start ahead of Iron Mike. Id keep Cabaye on the right and let Barton in the middle where he plays best. Need a striker too, Ba is no talisman!

Krul

Simpson Collocini Taylor Ferguson

Tiote

Cabaye
    Barton
    Marveux

Ben Arfa

Ba

chimpo85 wrote: »
    Simpson and Williamson are Championship standard on their very best days. Taylor isnt cream of the crop either but he'll start ahead of Iron Mike. Id keep Cabaye on the right and let Barton in the middle where he plays best. Need a striker too, Ba is no talisman!

Krul

Simpson Collocini Taylor Ferguson

Tiote

Cabaye
    Barton
    Marveux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Forgot all about Marveux, aye he'll start ahead of Jonas. I don't rate Simpson, I didn't when he was in the Championship with us, but I can't see you signing another RB. Williamson did ok last year in fairness, I think he might get the nod from Pardew ahead of Taylor, although I'd favour Taylor myself.

Forgot all about Marveux, aye he'll start ahead of Jonas. I don't rate Simpson, I didn't when he was in the Championship with us, but I can't see you signing another RB. Williamson did ok last year in fairness, I think he might get the nod from Pardew ahead of Taylor, although I'd favour Taylor myself.

Yeah id agree, Simpson just doesnt have it. Ive had a season ticket for years and watching him week in week out, so one dimensional. Although he gives 100% so thats something. I hope Iron Mike doesnt get the nod, he has to be the luckiest defender. How we didnt concede an array of penalties because of him I'll never know

Yeah id agree, Simpson just doesnt have it. Ive had a season ticket for years and watching him week in week out, so one dimensional. Although he gives 100% so thats something. I hope Iron Mike doesnt get the nod, he has to be the luckiest defender. How we didnt concede an array of penalties because of him I'll never know

I can't wait to move back to Sunderland and get my season ticket. You really are lucky having a season ticket and getting to the games, a lot of people really take it for granted.

I can't wait to move back to Sunderland and get my season ticket. You really are lucky having a season ticket and getting to the games, a lot of people really take it for granted.

Yeah was unreal, back in Ireland now so its going to be extremely weird not seeing the Toon week in week out. You from Sunderland yourself? Cannot wait to get back over for the Derbies...best days bar none!

• Advertisement

Yeah was unreal, back in Ireland now so its going to be extremely weird not seeing the Toon week in week out. You from Sunderland yourself? Cannot wait to get back over for the Derbies...best days bar none!

Luckily there's websites out there now such as Flash Sport Streams and Live Online Footy that stream the games live so those of us in Ireland etc can still watch the games, but nothing beats being at them!

Yep, I sure am. Born and bred a Mackem :)

Yeah I love the derbies. Well, I do and I don't. I'm nervous about two weeks before and if we get beat (which we usually do) I'm sickened for months after it. but the atmosphere's great. Bring it on though, I've a good feeling about this seasons derbies ;)

Luckily there's websites out there now such as Flash Sport Streams and Live Online Footy that stream the games live so those of us in Ireland etc can still watch the games, but nothing beats being at them!

Yeah I love the derbies. Well, I do and I don't. I'm nervous about two weeks before and if we get beat (which we usually do) I'm sickened for months after it. but the atmosphere's great. Bring it on though, I've a good feeling about this seasons derbies ;)

You make it sound like a good thing. ;)

Yeah the streams are handy alright. Where ya from in Sun'lan? Derbies are a nightmare at the best of times. Im best mates with a mackem, this year was just glorious! Hes a ST holder in the SOS and ive been down to the games on Wearyside the past few years, phone has been turned off for days at a time in the past!

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wish Sky would hurry the fúck up and release TV fixtures already. Seem to be very limited seats on flights left........

Wednesday 29th of June is the official date for the TV fixtures to be released!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Seems like Zog wants to come back to Newcastle, with 9m being reported as the amount that would trigger his release clause. Have to say I would jump at that, especially if we are planing on selling Jonas or Barton.

We would also be very close to having an all French midfield :D

TaosHum wrote: »
    Seems like Zog wants to come back to Newcastle, with 9m being reported as the amount that would trigger his release clause. Have to say I would jump at that, especially if we are planing on selling Jonas or Barton.

We would also be very close to having an all French midfield :D

I wouldnt have him near Barrack Rd ever again, the whiney, moody pr**k. Id much rather have Jonas, even though the useless Argie doesnt do much...

I wouldnt have him near Barrack Rd ever again, the whiney, moody pr**k. Id much rather have Jonas, even though the useless Argie doesnt do much...

He's a far better player then when he left us though.

I'd have reservations, but i'd like him back. Not for 9m though.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He's a far better player then when he left us though.

I'd have reservations, but i'd like him back. Not for 9m though.

Hes a better player alright but why would you ever want a player back, that when he was with us did nothing but complain and want away...linking himself with Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea...then ending up at Wigan!! He did so well at Wigan because he was their best player, everything revolved around him which kept him happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Hes a better player alright but why would you ever want a player back, that when he was with us did nothing but complain and want away...linking himself with Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea...then ending up at Wigan!! He did so well at Wigan because he was their best player, everything revolved around him which kept him happy.

Your seriously kidding yourself if you think most players are not the same. They just have the sense to STFU and get on with it. The vast majority are self centered, upwardly mobile gits who would sell their gran to advance their careers!

Personally I would be happy to see the lad back. Even while moaning he was better than Jonas

In fairness I dont blame him for wanting out back in 2009. The club was an absolute mess and even though his attitude didn't help, Kinnear only helped fuel the situation.

I think the move to Wigan has humbled him abit also. You dont hear him complain or moan (when at least I haven't heard it) about playing for Wigan and even though he was impressive all season, he really played well when Wigan needed him too. For me that's a good sign, as usually when a player is unhappy, he wont role his socks up when in a dogfight. But I do understand that people would still be apprehensive regarding his attitude when he was in Newcastle or flat out dont want him back.

For now, it seems he wants to return to Newcastle if what you read in the Chronicle is true. With Newcastle also trying to sign him in January, it would seem Pardew wants him here also. Time will tell though.

• Advertisement

I never said all players were the same...like you say, all money hungry gits. But with Zog in the last few years players were clearly unhappy but got the job done and did what they could to leave when the windows came around. He did nothing but link himself away. None of our players had done that to the extreme of N'Zog.
    I think hes a great player, thats evident. But there is players out there of equal or better ability where you could spend around 9m and not risk upsetting the dressing room again. Wigan was good for him cos he was the best they had.
    Saying that, with our French revolution it wouldnt surprise me, I'd be disappointed but he is better than Jonas!!

On a more positive note scum sports news is reporting that Chrissy Hughton is lining up a "raid" on Newcastle to sign Best and Routledge...oooh you beauty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I dunno about anyone else but I'm a bit disappointed to see Best being pushed out, he came in and did a great job last season when we really needed him, I'd rate him higher than Ameobi and Lovenkrands and would rather keep him as back up!

Beekay wrote: »
    I dunno about anyone else but I'm a bit disappointed to see Best being pushed out, he came in and did a great job last season when we really needed him, I'd rate him higher than Ameobi and Lovenkrands and would rather keep him as back up!

Although he was only gaining full fitness this season when he was playing and always gave 100%, hes definitely not better than Ameobi. Hes 10seconds behind anyone else, hes just not capable of playing at that level, perfectly suited to the Championship. Forever offside, defenders this season had field days against him!
    Ameobi constantly gets a raw deal from refs because of his height, something that did my head in week in week out. Dont get me wrong, hes not a great player in any sense but he's Mr Newcastle like! Only ever missed 1 pen too! That and hes given us the greatest chant ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Beekay wrote: »

I see theyve forgotten to include his lack of missing ANY competitive penalty for Newcastle (something wor Al couldnt do)

All his goals against the smbs and his class celebrations! (oh dear, im starting to sound like an Ameobi fan now!)

He is by no means a good player but hes a country mile better than Leon 'Offside' Best and Peter Lovenpants!

http://www.football365.com/fun/missing-men

Newcastle v Everton in 2002.. bit of craic for your Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

gav86 wrote: »
    http://www.football365.com/fun/missing-men

Newcastle v Everton in 2002.. bit of craic for your Monday!

Gave up after 5 minutes, could not get the left back, had the rest in less than 2. I'm getting old :D

So I see we're linked with Darren Gibson. No thank you. I don't think we need him really. Our midfield is already bloated.

We need a striker or two.

bazual wrote: »
    Gave up after 5 minutes, could not get the left back, had the rest in less than 2. I'm getting old :D

Forgot all about Shearers strike partner as well myself!

• Advertisement

It was Dabizas and O'Brien that did me in.

Can't believe I forgot O'Brien.... He bloody scored. :pac:

http://eurorivals.net/squad/newcastle-united.html

Which of these names stands out to you? ;)

So I see we're linked with Darren Gibson. No thank you. I don't think we need him really. Our midfield is already bloated.

We need a striker or two.

Considering Man U's midfield is not the greatest (by Man U standard's) and the fact he still could not get regular first team action would really worry me about Gibson. Also he never really stood out when I've seen him play for Ireland.

Cheik Ismael Tiote :D

TaosHum wrote: »
    Cheik Ismael Tiote :D

Nope. Look again.

Barrera?

• Advertisement

Stephen Ireland

Barrera?

Bingo.

And he has the same number as Danny Simpson. :pac:

Also has Alan Smith down as a striker. :confused::pac:

It takes the Mackem to see it ;)

It takes the Mackem to see it ;)

It's cos you're obsessed with us. ;)

---

Lads, TV fixtures are out tomorrow so I'll be booking my flights/hotel tomorrow for the first two weekends of the season.

Any recommendations for hotel? Preferably somewhere in the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

It's cos you're obsessed with us. ;)

---

Lads, TV fixtures are out tomorrow so I'll be booking my flights/hotel tomorrow for the first two weekends of the season.

Any recommendations for hotel? Preferably somewhere in the city centre.

Can't go past the Jurys inn really. If theres a group of ye going though I highly recommend the premierapartmentsnewcastle. Its a minute walk to the gate and a huge plus from them was they allowed us to stay in the apt all day for nothing until our flight left in the evening. We were in no condition to physically move that day...........

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement