Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voxi the UK Vodafone

• 28-11-2020 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello,

Just let you know you could also have a look at Voxi whitch is the Vodafone UK for young people

https://www.voxi.co.uk/benefits

Who knows about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's quite clear in the terms and conditions that they would not allow you use it outside the uk long-term.
    Avoid: using our services to make nuisance calls, illegal file sharing or downloads or viewing illegal content would be a breach of this policy.

Use of our services whilst in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) roaming destinations is intended for temporary, periodic travel such as holidays and short breaks and should not be used for extended periods of travel or if you are permanently resident in these destinations.
    Avoid: Using your SIM outside of the UK for prolonged periods of time which don’t resemble reasonably usual consumer holiday patterns or travel behaviour.

If you use our services outside of the UK for more than 50% of a rolling 4 month period we will send you a text requesting that you moderate your use of our services. If your use of our services outside the UK continues to exceed 50% of your total usage in the two weeks following such a request this usage will fall outside our Acceptable Use Policy and we will impose further charges on your account or reserve the right to disconnect or restrict your service. Further information on roaming charges outside the UK can be found at voxi.co.uk/pricing-guide.

What happens if your usage falls outside this Acceptable Usage policy?
    If we suspect you’re not behaving within our Acceptable Use policy, we reserve the right to impose further charges on you or disconnect your SIM card at any time.

We may also restrict access to just one part of your service (for instance, restrict your use of our text service if we believe you have sent texts in breach of this policy).

We will contact you if we are required to disconnect your service.

Data: If you are using the service in a way which we believe is harmful to our network we may introduce certain traffic management measures such as throttling which might reduce your speed, reduce access to your Plan, impose further charges on your account or we may disconnect your SIM. We will attempt to notify you before any disconnection takes place. For more information on our traffic management process please see the Vodafone Traffic Management Policy.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

They wrote it down but I am using it a very long time abroad in Swizerland Belgium Ireland and Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

gooduse wrote: »
    They wrote it down but I am using it a very long time abroad in Swizerland Belgium Ireland and Germany

How long is a very long time?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Since 1 Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Hardly seems better value to the plans here. With the risk if Brexit impacting EU rates and that the cancel whenever they want since you're breaking terms of service I wouldn't bother.

Maybe the 5G is a perk but I'd imagine they're still working out 5G roaming agreements. Course if they piggyback off Vodafone it might not be needed wherever they operate that network (here) .

• Advertisement

Well I will se what happens in the future.

For me it is great

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

£12 / month is good for 5G data. Guessing it's on Vodafone in Ireland? Also good to note that the "unlimited" in Europe is only 25Gb

jdon72 wrote: »
    £12 / month is good for 5G data. Guessing it's on Vodafone in Ireland?

That's not a good deal you only get 12 gigs of data and although I haven't looked into it I don't even think Vodafone have a 5G network available in Ireland yet.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

But unlimited social media and unlimited youtube.

The 25 GB cap won't be used i have the sim tested in Rotterdam this year made 250 GB with it

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Eireann81

gooduse wrote: »

I'm assuming that you have to use a UK phone number on this deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Why? Why does anyone in Ireland need or want to get this deal? There are so many downsides to it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

£10 for 6GB, 48 are €8 for 100GB and you will be able to use that in the EU next year lol

Eireann81 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that you have to use a UK phone number on this deal?

No you could use any uk hoteladress.

£10 for 6GB, 48 are €8 for 100GB and you will be able to use that in the EU next year lol

Well is it capped at 10 gb or unlimited like voxi?

Advertisement