Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple AirPods - Best Deals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Just picked up used like new pair from amazon warehouse France. €93 delivered

https://www.amazon.fr/Apple-AirPods-bo%C3%AEtier-charge-Dernier/dp/B07PZR3PVB

Use chrome and it’ll translate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Cheers OP (and matchthis) got a like new pair for €87.68 delivered. Discount was applied at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

Thanks got a pair from Amazon France warehouse. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

mickotoole wrote: »
    Cheers OP (and matchthis) got a like new pair for €87.68 delivered. Discount was applied at checkout

Did you get this from amazon?

Billydoc wrote: »
    Thanks got a pair from Amazon France warehouse. Great deal.

Are they like new condition? Would prefer new one myself, if I am forking out the money for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Are they like new condition? Would prefer new one myself, if I am forking out the money for them!

Warehouse deals are unwanted items returned back to Amazon. They grade each item like used:good to used:like new. Like new could be just a damaged box it comes in. At the min there is 30% warehouse prices on Amazon. So it’s a good enough deal if you don’t mind shopping on the warehouse. I’ve done it before and no issues. Items look new to be honest. But everyone is different .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Billydoc wrote: »
    Warehouse deals are unwanted items returned back to Amazon. They grade each item like used:good to used:like new. Like new could be just a damaged box it comes in. At the min there is 30% warehouse prices on Amazon. So it’s a good enough deal if you don’t mind shopping on the warehouse. I’ve done it before and no issues. Items look new to be honest. But everyone is different .

They were probably still in someone else’s ears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Pacifico wrote: »
    Then this deal isn't for you

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭whizkid9

Pacifico wrote: »

Like-new is usually brand new with damaged packaging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

compuB - €158 -
    Link: https://www.compub.com/music/airpods/apple-airpods-with-charging-case

Any pros/cons on the above? CompuB offer 2 year warranty, although is there a chance they go out of business (read an article they were given an emergency fund to keep them in business)? Is there any warranty with Amazon or Littlewoods? I'm guessing not.

I think the 2 year warranty is a good selling point.
    I have my air pods 17 months but only a 1 year warranty and the right air pod battery is draining much quicker than the left. I bought AirPod pros for my son for Christmas but went with Compub because of the extra warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭whizkid9

I think the 2 year warranty is a good selling point.
    I have my air pods 17 months but only a 1 year warranty and the right air pod battery is draining much quicker than the left. I bought AirPod pros for my son for Christmas but went with Compub because of the extra warranty.

ain't there a default 2 year warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Personally I'm waiting to see if Black Friday or Cyber Monday sees them down to €99/€100 mark.
    I was reading that there's a new model coming out next year, so perhaps there's a chance. We'll see. (Not the pros btw)

whizkid9 wrote: »
    ain't there a default 2 year warranty?

Nope.. only 1 year with Apple

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Nope.. only 1 year with Apple

Think it's 2 year warranty if you buy direct from Apple (could be wrong)

Think it's 2 year warranty if you buy direct from Apple (could be wrong)

I wish it was but according to Apple.com its 1 year except on Apple Watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Does the Apple Store ever have BF discounts? I need engraving on some Airpod Pros, so stuck with buying there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Does the Apple Store ever have BF discounts? I need engraving on some Airpod Pros, so stuck with buying there.

The email I received from Apple today was that they will have Black Friday deals

Autosport wrote: »
    The email I received from Apple today was that they will have Black Friday deals

On their website it says "Buy an eligible product from 27 to 30 November and get an Apple Store Gift Card to use with your next purchase.". I personally hope they actually have discounts rather the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

On their website it says "Buy an eligible product from 27 to 30 November and get an Apple Store Gift Card to use with your next purchase.". I personally hope they actually have discounts rather the above.

I spoke to a local audio visual shop yesterday and asked them if they'd have any black friday deals on some apple products and they said it was unlikely as supposedly their(apple) stock is low for this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Limerick_dude

They have that a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Apple BF Event

devil is in the detail :
    * Offer valid on qualifying purchases of eligible Apple products from 27 November 2020 to 30 November 2020 at the Apple Online Store, on the Apple Store app, and by calling 1800 92 38 98. Qualifying Purchases can receive a discount equal to the value of the eligible Apple Store Gift Card off the price of the eligible product. All items will be charged at checkout, including the eligible Apple Store Gift Card. This offer cannot be combined with the Corporate Employee Purchase Programme, education or business loyalty pricing.

so it seems you can choose a discount rather than a gift card, which i'd never seen before

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/black-friday/

Most Likely a 20Euro gift card, Maybe good for movie rentals over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tyler66

Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭jc77

TonyB466 wrote: »
    https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/black-friday/

Most Likely a 20Euro gift card, Maybe good for movie rentals over xmas

If it's an Apple Store Gift Card, it can only be used either in store, the online store, or ordering over the phone.

Source:
    https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/gift-cards (small print at foot of page)

€25 Store Gift Card it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

€247 in Compu B today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

€25 Store Gift Card it is.

Isn’t that still more expensive that littlewoods and Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

Isn’t that still more expensive that littlewoods and Amazon.

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

ruddy1987 wrote: »

that's a great price but it looks like its expired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just picked up the AirPods Pro on Amazon.de for €201.90 delivered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

2nd Gen AirPods €139 on Amazon.
    Cheaper than Apple even if you take into account the unattractive €25 voucher "discount".

What's the story if you buy AirPods off Amazon - do you retain any type of 1 yr Apple product warranty??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

that's a great price but it looks like its expired

If you go onto amazon UK, select the used options, scroll down to the ones for £116 (as new from amazon warehouse but box is damaged) add to basket and when you hit checkout there is a discount applied. They are priced at £81.94. Just bought a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just picked up the AirPods Pro on Amazon.de for €201.90 delivered.

Bought a pair of 2nd gen for €109 on Amazon.de :) I would like a second pair but says I can only buy one, any ideas on a way around this?

Lima Golf wrote: »
    If you go onto amazon UK, select the used options, scroll down to the ones for £116 (as new from amazon warehouse but box is damaged) add to basket and when you hit checkout there is a discount applied. They are priced at £81.94. Just bought a set.

thanks very much! just did the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭otterj

duffer247 wrote: »
    Bought a pair of 2nd gen for €109 on Amazon.de :) I would like a second pair but says I can only buy one, any ideas on a way around this?

How much is delivery from Germany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

I just got a pair of AirPods 2nd gen non wireless case from amazon Germany, €113.87 and €6.40 for shipping.

otterj wrote: »
    How much is delivery from Germany?

Free to UK parcel motel

• Advertisement

FWIW, I just ordered a set off Amazon DE and paid €121.61
    (2nd Gen, non wireless case)

Though now I check - when I click the same product it's saying €129.
    Seems like the price jumped in the last hour. :pac:

duffer247 wrote: »
    nope they have just gone up - went back in to try again and as you say they're at €129, so not much saving when you add in cost of parcel motel
    Why do you need parcel motel? I paid about €7 for delivery to my house.

Dades wrote: »
    Why do you need parcel motel? I paid about €7 for delivery to my house.

Fair point - Parcel motel is €4 and suits me, especially as these are Christmas presents

They are €119 on Italian amazon:

https://www.amazon.it/Apple-AirPods-custodia-ricarica-Modello/dp/B07PYMK77Y/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=airpods&qid=1606480943&sr=8-5

Anything to be considered or watch out for when buying from Italian or German amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

They are €119 on Italian amazon:

https://www.amazon.it/Apple-AirPods-custodia-ricarica-Modello/dp/B07PYMK77Y/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=airpods&qid=1606480943&sr=8-5

Anything to be considered or watch out for when buying from Italian or German amazon?

Wont ship to Ireland ... or NI parcel motel.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭mel123

Excellent Lima its the only thing im looking for on black friday and that was a real bargain, good spot and thanks for posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

mel123 wrote: »
    Excellent Lima its the only thing im looking for on black friday and that was a real bargain, good spot and thanks for posting

Good if box damaged - They are only £124 new on amazon... so for the tenner - might be worth getting one definitely wasn't used.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Airpods-Charging-latest-Model/dp/B07PZR3PVB

Make sure to double check if legit when you get it, from serials etc - reading about lots of fake dysons, samsung ssds etc. on amazon this year...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭mel123

ozmo wrote: »
    Good if box damaged - They are only £124 new on amazon... so for the tenner - might be worth getting one definitely wasn't used.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Airpods-Charging-latest-Model/dp/B07PZR3PVB

Make sure to double check if legit when you get it, from serials etc - reading about lots of fake dysons, samsung ssds etc. on amazon this year...

they were 81, so over 40stg. Amazon are good for returns at least if they are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Thanks for this. My used but like new AirPods arrived today, pretty happy with it. The outer wrapper was removed but the plastic/paper case over the AirPod and the cable was intacted. So seems like decent value for 90 bucks!

Thanks for this. My used but like new AirPods arrived today, pretty happy with it. The outer wrapper was removed but the plastic/paper case over the AirPod and the cable was intacted. So seems like decent value for 90 bucks!

I’d second this, box was dirty and wrapping plastic film wrapping removed but inside like new. I have always used wired headphones and have used a set of Shure headphones for the last ten years which have served and just decided to give them a go, have to say, I am very impressed with the sound quality, I knew it wasn’t going to be awful but I wasn’t expecting it to be as good. Phone calls are good also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement