Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon warehouse 30% off

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Has amazon uk removed free returns for warehouse items or have I mixed something up here? Nothing about free returns in T&C anymore. Practically, you can still return for free, but you need to claim a fault or incorrect description, where the latter might cover for a lot cases of disappointment with the item. I believe it used to be free return within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.

You are correct T&C did used to state that Warehouse returns were free.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Niall20 wrote: »
    Statutory rights still give you 14 days to change your mind regardless of the Amazon terms
    Sure, but you have to pay for the return shipping. Often that alone costs more than the difference between new and used.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Niall20

As mentioned though it looks like this change in policy affects new items as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

They've been going south for a while now

Got the customer base now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

fyi - i'm getting an extra €11 from amazon.de to cover some of the shipping cost on a return of a warehouse item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I know a bit off topic but does anyone know what Amazon's plans are come the new year e.g. order off the UK site but delivery from Germany or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

fritzelly wrote: »
    I know a bit off topic but does anyone know what Amazon's plans are come the new year e.g. order off the UK site but delivery from Germany or something?

They seem to be putting more and more facilities into Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Spipov wrote: »
    no free refunds for anything except faulty or other issues. change of mind incurs a fee of £9.00 now.

im quite unhappy with this as the value of the item would not make it worth that. it applies to amazon prime customers as well for new stuff as well as warehouse stuff
    That's very annoying, I didn't realise that, ordered something from warehouse and it's on the way, too late to cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Can you select " item not as described" on the return page to get a free refund

Has it all changed now

I did notice a downward trend overall in CS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

august12 wrote: »
    That's very annoying, I didn't realise that, ordered something from warehouse and it's on the way, too late to cancel.
    You can refuse the delivery. Whenever you attempt to cancel an order too late in the process of dispatching, Amazon sends you an email saying they were unable to cancel, but that you can refuse the parcel on delivery. That order is however not marked in any visible way as "attempted cancellation", so you can straight out refuse any delivery from Amazon for a full refund with no return fee deduction. This concept does tend to confuse the delivery guys though, both Amazon's own and independent.

Also, if the delivery is by Amazon, you will have a cancel option on the order page all the way until you receive it, though the effect is the same in both cases - you get a full refund once the rejected parcel reaches their warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This back with 20% off !! Until 15 th dec !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

This back with 20% off !! Until 15 th dec !!

Just checked it out I only get offered 14 items which includes a facial hair remover, some high waisted ladies jeans, Shirley basseys greatest hits and some of those sketchers asylum slippers, think I’ll pass

Just checked it out I only get offered 14 items which includes a facial hair remover, some high waisted ladies jeans, Shirley basseys greatest hits and some of those sketchers asylum slippers, think I’ll pass

Its selected items so you have to check and see ur item qualifies.

dji osmo pocket and osmo pocket 2 are there with 20% discount

I generally search the warehouse selection by the brand or the product that I'm interested in and that helps narrow down the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Its selected items so you have to check and see ur item qualifies.

I know but when I go to the dedicated 20% off store link that’s all I get, which certainly wasn’t the case on BF for the 30%

This is the search bar to use to find the 20% offers by the by.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/b?node=8873236031&sa-no-redirect=1

Seems to be different items/brands than last time. Some products are much more appealing to me, managed to pick up the last of some hard to find weight plates for example.

I have this weight bench and find it good, might appeal to others (only one left).

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/JX-FITNESS-Adjustable-Training-Multiuse/dp/B07B8FL81T/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bench&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1607592883&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-1

Edit: Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

What more could you possibly need. You will look the business

This is back with 20% off again !

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭go4it

If buying items under ~£22 , combining vat and warehouse discounts will give you cca 33% off

• Advertisement

go4it wrote: »
    If buying items under ~£22 , combining vat and warehouse discounts will give you cca 33% off

Import duty still applies ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Import duty still applies ?

Not for that low of a value.

cython wrote: »
    Not for that low of a value.

Strange they have applied it on lots of my items below 22

Strange they have applied it on lots of my items below 22

Is the cost of the item <€22 before the 20% off is applied? Because that has to be the case to avoid VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Looks like the 20% off is working but they are charging vat on items under 22. From what I can see anyway?

hurikane wrote: »
    Looks like the 20% off is working but they are charging vat on items under 22. From what I can see anyway?

Example? I ordered something with the VAT taken off as well as the 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

hurikane wrote: »

Was the original price before 20% over the threshold? I thought the VAT trick is on the original list price being charged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

There was a glitch with something I was trying to buy there the other day, I can't even remember what it was I've been buying so much crap. Basically it was over 22 but had one of those 'click here to save 20%' promotions on the item. When I went to check out it calculated the fees on the original price, not the discounted final price. I ended up leaving it in the end. Not sure if the same issue is arising here?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    There was a glitch with something I was trying to buy there the other day, I can't even remember what it was I've been buying so much crap. Basically it was over 22 but had one of those 'click here to save 20%' promotions on the item. When I went to check out it calculated the fees on the original price, not the discounted final price. I ended up leaving it in the end. Not sure if the same issue is arising here?

That's not a glitch, as I mentioned above. The amount has to be below €22 before any discounts are applied to have the VAT removed.

Ok can someone confirm if this is valid ? Charged import fees for value of 16.490 ?

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:£16.49
    Postage & Packing:£6.00
    Total Before VAT:£22.49
    VAT:£0.00
    Total:£22.49
    Promotion Applied:-£12.21
    Import Fees Deposit£4.73
    Grand Total:£15.01

Is this applied across the board for all items ?

• Ok can someone confirm if this is valid ? Charged import fees for value of 16.490 ?

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:£16.49
    Postage & Packing:£6.00
    Total Before VAT:£22.49
    VAT:£0.00
    Total:£22.49
    Promotion Applied:-£12.21
    Import Fees Deposit£4.73
    Grand Total:£15.01

Is this applied across the board for all items ?

Yes, it's the £22.49 (products + postage) that matters not the £16.49.

• Advertisement

Yes, it's the £22.49 (products + postage) that matters not the £16.49.

So if i had it below 22 it would not have import duties ?

Meaning anyone with prime and below 22 will not have import duties ?

free shipping with prime is needed to make the most of the no vat for products under €22. I've more than made back the cost of prime.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

So if i had it below 22 it would not have import duties ?

Meaning anyone with prime and below 22 will not have import duties ?

Yes, I've Prime and I've been buying many items and getting the 23% off, it has more then paid for the cost of Prime. Also if you haven't used Prime before, you can often get a free 1 month trail.

BTW The "Import Duty" here is just Irish VAT at 23%, the price is exactly the same as it would have been pre-Brexit, they just change what they call it now.

bk wrote: »
    Yes, I've Prime and I've been buying many items and getting the 23% off, it has more then paid for the cost of Prime. Also if you haven't used Prime before, you can often get a free 1 month trail.

BTW The "Import Duty" here is just Irish VAT at 23%, the price is exactly the same as it would have been pre-Brexit, they just change what they call it now.

Isn't our VAT currently 21%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If something is cost more than €22 when do you pay the vat/custom duties?
    I remember years ago I purchased something online and we had to give the money to the postman/woman. What is the case now?

If something is cost more than €22 when do you pay the vat/custom duties?
    I remember years ago I purchased something online and we had to give the money to the postman/woman. What is the case now?

At the checkout. With Amazon they do it all and what you pay at the checkout is the price there are no extras to pay the postman or anyone else.

might be easier to keep the warehouse deals separate from the ****show that is prime day?

Asus gaming laptop, used very good condition

Order Summary
    Items: GBP 507.93
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 116.82
    Total: GBP 624.75
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 152.38
    Order Total: GBP 472.37

and an alienware gaming desktop - used like new condition

Order Summary
    Items: GBP 979.97
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 225.39
    Total: GBP 1,205.36
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 293.99
    Order Total: GBP 911.37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

The same bug that hits the prime day discounts also hits the 30% warehouse discount so you end up with a very limited discount - which is a shame because the warehouse deals could often be quite good when compared with the discounted tat that makes up most of the prime day deals.

The same bug that hits the prime day discounts also hits the 30% warehouse discount so you end up with a very limited discount - which is a shame because the warehouse deals could often be quite good when compared with the discounted tat that makes up most of the prime day deals.

I'm not sure it does?

on the alienware desktop for example, the listed price is £1,175.96, where as for us it's £1205 - the extra £30 is most likely the VAT difference between UK / IRE?

• Advertisement

variety of apple products in the warehouse sale - no airpods though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Apologies - it's not quite the same bug. It's a little bit better but still an issue.

For the UK the 30% is taken off everything whearas for Irish delivery they subtract 30% from the ex-VAT price but charge you the VAT on the non discounted amount. To be fair it may be possible to claim the overpaid VAT back (I have no idea about that).

UK Delivery Address:
    Items: GBP 1,175.96
    Total: GBP 1,175.96
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 352.79
    Order Total: GBP 823.17

Irish Delivery Address:

352.79 is exactly a 30% discount as advertised but 293.99 is only 30% of the ex-VAT amount and then the VAT is charged on the original non-discounted amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

ablelocks wrote: »
    and an alienware gaming desktop - used like new condition

Order Summary

I've one of these for sale myself with better specs for less than what the price of it is now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭Homelander

mamaz wrote: »
    I've one of these for sale myself with better specs for less than what the price of it is now!

Neither of those machines posted are remotely close to a bargain even with the hefty discount.

Advertisement