Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK for sale on eBay

• 21-10-2003 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Wuh hoo! I'm the highest bidder. Can't wait to be king. Hmm what'll be my first action as king? I demand BROADBAND for the masses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

heh .... top bidder is Michael Collins ... lets leave it at that shall we

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

funny but in general they are used as a scam to boost your ratings so you can rip people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

13 hours left and Mick Collins has been outbidded. £4.38 isint too bad. Think of it as a business investment. Buy it give back what you want to give back ;) and then sell it off to the US at a heigher price. Or even try to sell it to the EU commission in an effort to make the UK more "Euro" :)

Should work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I'm winning. :D

I'm actually scottish but I was brought up in england.

Anyone think I should give it to Ireland as an xmas prezzie?

bout time the tables were turned. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Dearie me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by Dustaz
    The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Dearie me :)
    well the people are lost cos they have their heards so far up Blairs arse they forgot where they are and the country is broke with all these wars on terrorism!!!

dammit, I was looking forward to giving it to Ireland as well. Can you imagine the look on their faces when they get to occupy England :D.

I'd have to have given Scotland back to the scots or my relatives there wouldn't speak to me any more :rolleyes:, and maybe even wales could get it's independance (that way people could go on a short ferry trip to wales and not have to worry about actually being in the UK. :D

Then after a while of occupation (and turning off sellafield for good) I could sell england off to the french for nuclear testing as long as they stay well away from the west coast. :p

guess it wasn't meant to be. but i should have known it was broken anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Probably just as well I didn't win. The buyer paid for shipping, I'd say that would've been expensive...

• Advertisement

tbh, i wouldn't have bothered shipping it anyway, i'd much rather leave it where it is. maybe even move it a little further away, possibly sitting on top of france.

maybe even lift france up a little bit like a rug and sweep it underneath. :D:D:D

Advertisement