Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I brought the elderly uncle out for a spin. Family buried at different graveyards, we did the rounds. In one place he met an old school friend, the two of them reminiscing, it was lovely. I could just imagine them as two naughty school boys. Within 5km, and socially distanced. He's 80, taking no chances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I gave my dog the last sweet out of the sweet bowl and he winked at me!

K he then sat on my feet, farted and then walked away but he made me laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

While I have no idea what at least half the posts here are on about ( no tv, radio etc by choice) the happiness of them reaches out and makes me happy....

Now THAT is " happy"!;)

Graces7 wrote: »
    While I have no idea what at least half the posts here are on about ( no tv, radio etc by choice) the happiness of them reaches out and makes me happy....

Now THAT is " happy"!;)

We should never take for granted those smiles that come from nowhere and sometimes can’t be explained or repeated!!! Just be glad they’re there - spot on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My local cinema is reopening on Friday week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TH that I'm finally getting the refund from Ryanair paid into my bank account after waiting since early June. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭3d4life

TH that Buile started posting innuendo before midday today

Must be a PB, perhaps a Boards record ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TH that I'm finally getting the refund from Ryanair paid into my bank account after waiting since early June. :)
    I bet it broke O'Leary's heart to finally give it back to you :pac:

3d4life wrote: »

Ah don't be spreading that around boards! :D

Glad I made you happy! (No innuendo there! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Brought my class for a walk around the local area and when we were on the way back we spotted a kitten in someone's window!! He was only about 2 or 3 months old. The little monkey had pulled down the curtains and was up playing with them in the windowsill!! The laughs of my class were brilliant. They were talking about it all day. Such a cute TH today!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah don't be spreading that around boards! :D

Glad I made you happy! (No innuendo there! :D )
    3d4life wrote: »

Is that an innuendo or is BB happy to see you? :pac::pac::pac:

Watching Evita!

New Home wrote: »
    Is that an innuendo or is BB happy to see you? :pac::pac::pac:

That's just a banana in my pocket!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's not the way to treat a piece of fruit, BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The heating has been upped so I'm very toasty. Put some cheese between my arms and I could be a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

The heating has been upped so I'm very toasty. Put some cheese between my arms and I could be a sandwich.

Mmmmm, cheese. Too bad I'm starting a 'diet' tomorrow :pac:

On a positive note I had some cheese dippers from MCD's earlier :D

Mmmmm, cheese. Too bad I'm starting a 'diet' tomorrow :pac:

On a positive note I had some cheese dippers from MCD's earlier :D

Even when I don't eat I'm still fat so there's no point. Never had cheese dippers, sounds nice.

Even when I don't eat I'm still fat so there's no point. Never had cheese dippers, sounds nice.

Think it's deep fried mozzarella. I see these in the freezers now in supermarkets but I wouldn't go there cause I'd not stop. Enjoy the cosy :)

Think it's deep fried mozzarella. I see these in the freezers now in supermarkets but I wouldn't go there cause I'd not stop. Enjoy the cosy :)

Thanks :) Now that you mention it, I got frozen brie pieces in Lidl ages ago and they came with some dip. Very nice indeed and they had other cheeses as well. I think they were the German range. (sorry if you can't stop!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yawnnnnn. Bitterly cold so am happy with my snug bed, cat and all. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Rhythm is a dancer coming on on the radio. Oh yes!

I went down the house/trance on IG rabbit hole last night. I was up til almost 3 watching festivals... i'll be an old fogey when they come back.

I'm going to get strobe lights and have a few margaritas over christmas and dance my silly socks off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

They played Whitney houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody earlier but i quickly realised it was a muck dance remix version :(
    TH Whitney, what a voice. Blows the current crop of autotune-aholics out of the water (I am looking at you Rihanna:mad:).

They played Whitney houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody earlier but i quickly realised it was a muck dance remix version :(
    TH Whitney, what a voice. Blows the current crop of autotune-aholics out of the water (I am looking at you Rihanna:mad:).

I had goosebumps watching her documentary. A voice like no other for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

In the US, and normally go home for Christmas, but not this year for obvious reasons. So I decided to get a Christmas Tree to give the place a bit of a festive feel

My TH is that since everyone gets their trees super early here ahead of Thanksgiving (that's my educated guess), they are already reduced to clear. So I unexpectedly got great value for money on a decent tree

All the results from my tests came back clear. I was convinced they wouldn't be. Now I can go about sorting out other options

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Be right back

Last week of night duty. Can't wait to be finished.

It's my birthday 😀 and one of the children in my class told me I wasn't old so that's my TH for today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

KatW4 wrote: »
    It's my birthday �� and one of the children in my class told me I wasn't old so that's my TH for today!

Mine too KatW4, have a good one

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote:
    Mine too KatW4, have a good one

Yay!! A birthday twin! I never find anyone with our birthday... except Britney! Happy birthday, hope you've had a great day! X

Advertisement