Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple AirPods - Best Deals?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just picked up the AirPods Pro on Amazon.de for €201.90 delivered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

2nd Gen AirPods €139 on Amazon.
    Cheaper than Apple even if you take into account the unattractive €25 voucher "discount".

What's the story if you buy AirPods off Amazon - do you retain any type of 1 yr Apple product warranty??

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

that's a great price but it looks like its expired

If you go onto amazon UK, select the used options, scroll down to the ones for £116 (as new from amazon warehouse but box is damaged) add to basket and when you hit checkout there is a discount applied. They are priced at £81.94. Just bought a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just picked up the AirPods Pro on Amazon.de for €201.90 delivered.

Bought a pair of 2nd gen for €109 on Amazon.de :) I would like a second pair but says I can only buy one, any ideas on a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Lima Golf wrote: »
    If you go onto amazon UK, select the used options, scroll down to the ones for £116 (as new from amazon warehouse but box is damaged) add to basket and when you hit checkout there is a discount applied. They are priced at £81.94. Just bought a set.

thanks very much! just did the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

duffer247 wrote: »
    Bought a pair of 2nd gen for €109 on Amazon.de :) I would like a second pair but says I can only buy one, any ideas on a way around this?

How much is delivery from Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

I just got a pair of AirPods 2nd gen non wireless case from amazon Germany, €113.87 and €6.40 for shipping.

otterj wrote: »
    How much is delivery from Germany?

Free to UK parcel motel

• Advertisement

FWIW, I just ordered a set off Amazon DE and paid €121.61
    (2nd Gen, non wireless case)

Though now I check - when I click the same product it's saying €129.
    Seems like the price jumped in the last hour. :pac:

duffer247 wrote: »
    nope they have just gone up - went back in to try again and as you say they're at €129, so not much saving when you add in cost of parcel motel
    Why do you need parcel motel? I paid about €7 for delivery to my house.

Dades wrote: »
    Why do you need parcel motel? I paid about €7 for delivery to my house.

Fair point - Parcel motel is €4 and suits me, especially as these are Christmas presents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

They are €119 on Italian amazon:

https://www.amazon.it/Apple-AirPods-custodia-ricarica-Modello/dp/B07PYMK77Y/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=airpods&qid=1606480943&sr=8-5

Anything to be considered or watch out for when buying from Italian or German amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    They are €119 on Italian amazon:

https://www.amazon.it/Apple-AirPods-custodia-ricarica-Modello/dp/B07PYMK77Y/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=airpods&qid=1606480943&sr=8-5

Anything to be considered or watch out for when buying from Italian or German amazon?

Wont ship to Ireland ... or NI parcel motel.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Excellent Lima its the only thing im looking for on black friday and that was a real bargain, good spot and thanks for posting

mel123 wrote: »
    Excellent Lima its the only thing im looking for on black friday and that was a real bargain, good spot and thanks for posting

Good if box damaged - They are only £124 new on amazon... so for the tenner - might be worth getting one definitely wasn't used.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Airpods-Charging-latest-Model/dp/B07PZR3PVB

Make sure to double check if legit when you get it, from serials etc - reading about lots of fake dysons, samsung ssds etc. on amazon this year...

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Good if box damaged - They are only £124 new on amazon... so for the tenner - might be worth getting one definitely wasn't used.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Airpods-Charging-latest-Model/dp/B07PZR3PVB

Make sure to double check if legit when you get it, from serials etc - reading about lots of fake dysons, samsung ssds etc. on amazon this year...

they were 81, so over 40stg. Amazon are good for returns at least if they are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Thanks for this. My used but like new AirPods arrived today, pretty happy with it. The outer wrapper was removed but the plastic/paper case over the AirPod and the cable was intacted. So seems like decent value for 90 bucks!

Thanks for this. My used but like new AirPods arrived today, pretty happy with it. The outer wrapper was removed but the plastic/paper case over the AirPod and the cable was intacted. So seems like decent value for 90 bucks!

I’d second this, box was dirty and wrapping plastic film wrapping removed but inside like new. I have always used wired headphones and have used a set of Shure headphones for the last ten years which have served and just decided to give them a go, have to say, I am very impressed with the sound quality, I knew it wasn’t going to be awful but I wasn’t expecting it to be as good. Phone calls are good also.

• Advertisement

Bought one at the UK sale price - and after 30 minutes break in time - they are as good as they say. Well impressed with the sound quality off them.
    ... but the plastic/paper case over the AirPod and the cable was intacted.

Wait... there's a cable? Just checked - awesome! a spare lightning cable! - wonder how many were chucked with it been hidden so well in the box like that and no mention on the outside its included!

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

No cable with mine. Anywhere sell them cheap?

No cable with mine. Anywhere sell them cheap?

Under the card tray that held the earpods case.
    Kinda hard to pull out.

Otherwise dealz do a cable thats should be good enough for earbuds - just doesnt do full fastcharge speeds for phones.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

ozmo wrote: »
    Under the card tray that held the earpods case.
    Kinda hard to pull out.

Otherwise dealz do a cable thats should be good enough for earbuds - just doesnt do full fastcharge speeds for phones.

Thanks, I threw it in a box at work so will check tomorrow otherwise will get one in deals

Thanks, I threw it in a box at work so will check tomorrow otherwise will get one in deals

I noticed on Amazon some of the ‘used - very good’ had “no lightning cable” detailed in the description in small print.

I got mine yesterday and am a little disappointed. The outer wrapping was missing, which is fine but the inner plastic over the airpods was missing and the casing has lots of tiny scuffs. One of the airpods has a tiny nick on it. So overall they don't look as new. I wonder should I send them back as they are a gift.

i got mine but it has outer packaging and i dont want to open it as its a gift for Christmas so i wonder if they have never been opened and are fine inside or if i should open them to check if i need to send them back

mel123 wrote: »
    i got mine but it has outer packaging and i dont want to open it as its a gift for Christmas so i wonder if they have never been opened and are fine inside or if i should open them to check if i need to send them back

Mine had the outer apple box but wasn't wrapped in the clear plastic film, just had 2 clear stickers on the bottom keeping the box closed. If yours is the same I would open them.

Yeah, I'm definitely returning them
    1st photo is the packing
    2nd is the scuffs on the case
    3rd is the notch on one (just above my nail)
    As usual, no issues from amazon, returns label issued already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Mine came in an amazon warehouse box bu the apple case was wrapped and perfect condition.
    Ive been using them all week and find them over rated, prefer my Samsung buds+.

Advertisement