Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plenty of discounts over many sites.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thanks very much, Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thanks very much, Charlie.

Yeah massive thanks to whoever put it together.

kisugem wrote: »
    Whoever put this together made a fortune today using all the affiliated links lol ��
    Nice way to earn BF commission from shopaholics ��

How can you tell?

I actually didn't buy anything myself as there was nothing there that I had penciled in but I'm curious now to how anyone profits from it apart from the retailer.

• Site Banned Posts: 94 ✭✭Kinetica2019

Nice idea but all those sites products are over priced rubbish, expensive even with the discount.

There's no bargains there. Sure nike and adidas for example are basically on sale all year round

• Site Banned Posts: 94 ✭✭Kinetica2019

Charlie19 wrote: »
    How can you tell?

I actually didn't buy anything myself as there was nothing there that I had penciled in but I'm curious now to how anyone profits from it apart from the retailer.

2 ways - either the link to the site is a unique link, linked to a persona account. So for example, say I was affiliated with nike, you click the nike link and buy something, Nike know you bought it through the link with my name so I get a cut.

Other way is the discount code is unique and linked to a person too.

Not sure if these are affiliates though.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd say a Mod would have swooped in and deleted the thread if there was anything out of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fminus

Yeah I'd say a Mod would have swooped in and deleted the thread if there was anything out of sorts.

No offense but you couldn’t come across as any more ignorant. Maybe don’t throw around an opinion when you haven’t a clue.

Do me a favor and click on the h&m link. Watch as you temporarily go to a “rstyle” website before almost immediately being redirected to h&m. Rstyle is a marketing affiliate network. It’s 100% certain that someone is making commission off clicks that lead to purchases. That is against the rules.

Edit: this is still a useful list for buyers. The links are for legit discounts. I just think it’s against the forum charter.

fminus wrote: »
    No offense but you couldn’t come across as any more ignorant. Maybe don’t throw around an opinion when you haven’t a clue.

Do me a favor and click on the h&m link. Watch as you temporarily go to a “rstyle” website before almost immediately being redirected to h&m. Rstyle is a marketing affiliate network. It’s 100% certain that someone is making commission off clicks that lead to purchases. That is against the rules.

Edit: this is still a useful list for buyers. The links are for legit discounts. I just think it’s against the forum charter.

Screen_Shot_2017-05-26_at_2.10.30_PM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fminus

Screen_Shot_2017-05-26_at_2.10.30_PM.png

Btw I read back my first comment and realize I sound like an ass. Apologies. A combination of alcohol and being exhausted from babysitting my family shopping online all day today.

Above all just trying to make folks more aware that this stuff is a thing :)

Btw I read back my first comment and realize I sound like an ass. Apologies. A combination of alcohol and being exhausted from babysitting my family shopping online all day today.

Above all just trying to make folks more aware that this stuff is a thing :)

Thats great:pac: my Ignorant but trying to be helpfull ass is off to bed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

I get the link synergy one for a lot of links i click here, boards might insert their own on some.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just clicked on the brown thomas link for shoes :eek::eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

vicwatson wrote: »
    Just clicked on the brown thomas link for shoes :eek::eek::D

I no :P, BT must burn their cash that reserved from those good days.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I get the link synergy one for a lot of links i click here, boards might insert their own on some.

For around 2 years now Boards has been automatically changing links to add their own tracking and affiliate bits. If you hover over the link and it shows it's an affiliate link then that was done by the poster. If the link shows up as normal until you click it then Boards added that in. These are all bit.ly so it's very hard to tell.

GarIT wrote: »
    For around 2 years now Boards has been automatically changing links to add their own tracking and affiliate bits. If you hover over the link and it shows it's an affiliate link then that was done by the poster. If the link shows up as normal until you click it then Boards added that in. These are all bit.ly so it's very hard to tell.

yes Boards use skimlinks - adds affiliate links to whatever retailers it can

Advertisement