Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOSE QuietComfort QC35 II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

I have a qc 35 mk1 and had 2 replacement (exchanges) due to faulty anc.

I hadn't been using my 3rd pair, literally brand new , and now they are turning on (green led) without me turning the switch on.

I only noticed as they were trying to pair with my tv. Its a software issue.

I reset and updated to latest software but still have the issue.

I contacted bose customer support and because I am out of warranty they will give me a 20% discount on a new pair, 209 pound for mk2.

They offered me no other solution and I declined there offer.

I mistakenly thought they would either exchange or repair but there solution was a monetary one.

Needless to say I will never buy a bose product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I must say, I took a punt on the SoundCore Lifeq20.

I have a pair of Bose in the house too. Side by side, not much difference. NC is a touch better on the Bose (but without then side by side you either know).
    Sound on the SC is very bassy tho but if you just want a pair of office NC headphones then they might do the job (and at around 50quid).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

pat1981 wrote: »

I hadn't been using my 3rd pair, literally brand new , and now they are turning on (green led) without me turning the switch on.

I contacted bose customer support and because I am out of warranty they will give me a 20% discount on a new pair, 209 pound for mk2.

I mistakenly thought they would either exchange or repair but there solution was a monetary one.

How old are they? Amazon tried that schtick on me after my replacement kindle died (on the 11 month mark, 21 months or so after I bought the original). Todd then I wouldn't expect a device like that to last less than two years anyway. It didn't take much to push them to replace again.

It's like the first line of defence is to fob you off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I had that exact same issue. Just sent mine back this week. Got mine in 2018 didn’t even have to argue about it straight replacement. Just had to send mine back first and now waiting on the replacement. It’s a known fault try again. I got support via WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

I tried customer support, then they referred me to technical support in the uk, she asked me to write in detail the history of the qc35 with screen shot of shipment replacements.

She said by doing this should help me receive an exchange.

I sent three emails with replies and they would only exchange for 209.

I think the frustrating part they never acknowledged the contents of my email, deflection at its best.
    I tried customer support again but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

I tried customer support, then they referred me to technical support in the uk, she asked me to write in detail the history of the qc35 with screen shot of shipment replacements.

She said by doing this should help me receive an exchange.

I sent three emails with replies and they would only exchange for 209.

I think the frustrating part they never acknowledged the contents of my email, deflection at its best.
    I tried customer support again but no joy.

I had a 2018 pair that kept resetting themselves (issue is all over the forms) got replacements from Bose uk WhatsApp. They tried to offer me a big discount but I refused i insisted my headphones where not broken but rather there was a software glitch they then said they would replace for free.

Only took a week for replacement with them covering cost of return so keep at them they are offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

If you fancied a bit of email tennis. Your statutory rights will get them replaced within 6 years of purchase. Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭WEST

I was looking to buy a decent wireless headphones and based on reviews, I was going to pull the trigged on the Sony WH-1000XM3. However, it seems Google are offering the QC35 II free with the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G which I might go for.

However after reading this tread, its seems that it is not uncommon for the QC35 II to have issues and also on the reviews I have read the WH-1000XM3 seem to be the better headphones overall especially in sound quality. In light of this, would you recommend the QC35 II?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

I own both - Bose for nearly 2 years and Sony for 1 month.
    Sony has nice features like swipe the ear can to change song etc.
    But turning it on / off is a bit of a faff compared to the bose.

Also the Sony does not auto switch off like the bose if the music stops after 20 mins. It will remain on if it is still connected to bluetooth.
    This is a big flaw in my opinion.

On the other hand the bose battery life dramatically dropped after about 1 year and recently having sound issues for Bass songs at medium volume - vibration noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

carq wrote: »
    Also the Sony does not auto switch off like the bose if the music stops after 20 mins. It will remain on if it is still connected to bluetooth.

Not a flaw, it means that you can use the ANC without any music playing. I use it on bus journeys to sleep for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

carq wrote: »

My Bose don’t auto switch off, maybe I have an older firmware. I use the noise cancelling without music for hours when sleeping or working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Bose QC 35II - €205 from Amazon.es

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Damn thats a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dunno if this is the right place for it but thinking of selling mine, first gen. It's not getting any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

A super price. One thing to note - the triple midnight QC35ii was never updated to have Bose AR hardware added to it.

It probably isn't a big deal to anyone really, just something to be wary of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

unkel wrote: »
    Dunno if this is the right place for it but thinking of selling mine, first gen. It's not getting any use.

How much would you be thinking?

How much would you be thinking?

Whatever the going rate is, mine are in excellent condition, come with the original box too. PM me if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out if you can come collect it from me in Lucan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi All,

Bose QC35II in Black @ £185 on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I bought these when they first came out, the Bluetooth version about 3 years ago I think it was maybe more. Love them they are great used them right through university and beyond for study. One thing I noticed recently was a few signs of wear on the leather foam ear parts. Can they be replaced when they wear down? Mine are still grand but I do use them everyday and its inevitable they will wear more.

• Advertisement

I bought these when they first came out, the Bluetooth version about 3 years ago I think it was maybe more. Love them they are great used them right through university and beyond for study. One thing I noticed recently was a few signs of wear on the leather foam ear parts. Can they be replaced when they wear down? Mine are still grand but I do use them everyday and its inevitable they will wear more.

yes you can get replacement ear foam parts on amazon / ebay which are cheaper than the ones on the BOSE website. I got set for mine last year and still working grand and I use mine everyday.

plenty of videos on youtube on how to remove and replace, although it is as easy as pull off and put on, if I can do it, anyone can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Pixel 4a 5G is in stock now if anyone was wondering (which comes with free QC35IIs), for €490 it's a pretty good deal (while stocks last if that means QCs might run out quickly I'm not sure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Bose QC35II in Black @ £185 on Amazon.

Any link to this, can't find it

Any link to this, can't find it

feck it didnt last long, saw it on hotukdeals

Amazon Spain have it @ €210

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Amazon Spain doesn’t seem to deliver to parcel motel ??

SheroP wrote: »
    Amazon Spain doesn’t seem to deliver to parcel motel ??

no need for parcel motel with Amazon spain, unless it's a third party seller? I haven't bought from them in a while, but never had an issue getting direct delivery....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Thank you for that , but this is the message I’m getting , posted to an address in republic of Ireland

Sorry, this product cannot be shipped to the selected address. More information . Change the shipping address or remove the product from your order.
    Any other advice ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

Thank you for that , but this is the message I’m getting , posted to an address in republic of Ireland

Sorry, this product cannot be shipped to the selected address. More information . Change the shipping address or remove the product from your order.
    Any other advice ?

I bought mine from Amazon Spain in January 2019 without any problems, as have others in this thread. Does this mean a change in policy from Amazon?

Any other advice ?

Just bought midnight blue set on Amazon Spain, delivery to Dublin, no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭SummerK

I bought mine from Amazon Spain in January 2019 without any problems, as have others in this thread. Does this mean a change in policy from Amazon?
    I was told delivery depends on the warehouse. Same item after few weeks/month can be delivered to Ireland if it's stocked in a different warehouse.

It's available on Amazon.de for €215 and net cost would be €232 delivered to an address in Ireland.
    I guess price would go down below 200 during Black Friday sale.

I would spend a little more and instead buy Bose 700 for circa €270.

SummerK wrote: »
    I was told delivery depends on the warehouse. Same item after few weeks/month can be delivered to Ireland if it's stocked in a different warehouse.

It's available on Amazon.de for €215 and net cost would be €232 delivered to an address in Ireland.
    I guess price would go down below 200 during Black Friday sale.

I would spend a little more and instead buy Bose 700 for circa €270.

Are the Bose 700 direct new replacements for the qc35. Bit strange they changed the naming structure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

€199.99 now on amazon.es (all colours) and bose 700 is €231 (black)

adam88 wrote: »
    Are the Bose 700 direct new replacements for the qc35. Bit strange they changed the naming structure

i think so. it's why i bought a set anyway. They are really good, very comfortable - definitiely worth it at €231

ablelocks wrote: »
    i think so. it's why i bought a set anyway. They are really good, very comfortable - definitiely worth it at €231

Pulled the trigger on these Bose 700 today. Just bought Apple AirPods as well. Madness I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

me too. guaranteed delivery date tomorrow..lol

Pulled the trigger on these Bose 700 today. Just bought Apple AirPods as well. Madness I know

make sure you update the firmware on the Bose when you get them

make sure you update the firmware on the Bose when you get them

What’s involved in that ???
    Do I need a computer for that or can I do it through my iPhone

What’s involved in that ???
    Do I need a computer for that or can I do it through my iPhone

you'll have to install a Bose app on your phone for the headphones anyway and you do it thru that - very straightforward....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

you'll have to install a Bose app on your phone for the headphones anyway and you do it thru that - very straightforward....

is it the same app that runs the QCII's?

How much better are the 700 compared to QCIIs ?

Hope this is ok, otherwise mods can delete:

I have a pair for sale in super clean condition

https://www.adverts.ie/headphones-earphones/bose-quietcomfort-qc35/21981247

• Advertisement

Bose QC 35 ii Triple Midnight are available for €189 on Amazon.de I guess it would cost €205 incl shipping & VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Any price drops on these or the 700's haven't seen anything major on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Moochy Pugh

Bit the bullet and bought the 700s. Arrived today, can't pair & they don't seem to be picking up the charge. Anyone have any issues with theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Got the QC ii for 200 from Amazon.de....hope they live up the expectations......700's only 50 quid more but don't like the design.....

Has anyone else that has had these a while agree that the current firmware upgrade made the noise cancelling worse.

They dont seem to be doing anything about it it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Has anyone else that has had these a while agree that the current firmware upgrade made the noise cancelling worse.

They dont seem to be doing anything about it it seems.

Mine are fine

QC2 are available on Amazon.es for €182. That’s for silver coloured one and black is €199. I bought one and should be delivered some time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

SummerK wrote: »
    QC2 are available on Amazon.es for €182. That’s for silver coloured one and black is €199. I bought one and should be delivered some time next week.

I need to pull the trigger on these. I have 2 pairs of the 25s that were left at work and they've changed my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭kod12

Any deals going on these recently. Best I saw was Komplette at €230

• Advertisement

Since QC45 has been launched, 35 May not be available.

Another option is to get Bose 700 at €240 on Amazon.de

Advertisement