Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox one S 1TB - €250 @ Smyths

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Looks like their Black Friday price. I checked this yesterday and it was €300.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-one/xbox-one-consoles/xbox-one-s-1tb-console/p/191995

You'd be better paying €50 more for the Series S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

TitianGerm wrote: »

Are they still in stock anywhere?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are they still in stock anywhere?

There was a few popping up over the last few days looking at posts in the Xbox thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

TitianGerm wrote: »

If it was for myself I’d agree. But getting it for a 7yr olds Christmas present. She wants to play her brother on fortnite.

Can’t see her making use of the extra benefits of the series s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

€199 or less is a more reaslistic price for these consoles.

Far better to stretch for the Series S if possible, you'll get a few more years out of it.

The all-digital model was €99 last year, on Black Friday and several times subsequently. Watch out for a repeat of those deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭shawki

Looks like their Black Friday price. I checked this yesterday and it was €300.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-one/xbox-one-consoles/xbox-one-s-1tb-console/p/191995

Terrible price, hope no one went out and bought it because of this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The all-digital model was €99 last year, on Black Friday and several times subsequently. Watch out for a repeat of those deals.

You can be sure if you bought one your kids would only play games that require discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

€250, but the face of disappointment on your child's face Xmas morning will be priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They did a great job naming these consoles. Glancing at the thread title I thought it was new S that was discounted already. I'm sure there'll some Christmas confusion/disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

If it was for myself I’d agree. But getting it for a 7yr olds Christmas present. She wants to play her brother on fortnite.

Getting a 7 year old a dedicated gaming console so they can play Fortnite?

That’s all sorts of wrong.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Agreed

Jaysus, I must be wrong so! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Where was this ?
    Think I may have to get one for my son who is bored in college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

km79 wrote: »
    Where was this ?

Really sorry to go off topic but you guys seem to know your console stuff. Is Google strada or other streaming games as good as an xbox one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shawki wrote: »
    Terrible price, hope no one went out and bought it because of this post.

so true...I bought the Xbox One X last year with jedi fallen order for €228.
    Buying a One S now for 250? you'd want to be insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Really sorry to go off topic but you guys seem to know your console stuff. Is Google strada or other streaming games as good as an xbox one?

Nope, Stadia games are full price, the deals you get on Xbox games are way better and if you get the game pass, or ultimate pass, it's like owning a full library of games.. would recommend Xbox over stadia any day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

Mods get rid of this.

Just to be clear this us not the new xbox which retails at 500 euro or the less powerful version at 300.

You would be absoloutly crazy to buy this last gen console for 250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I bought one for that price and you know something, its still in its box . :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Soarer wrote: »
    Getting a 7 year old a dedicated gaming console so they can play Fortnite?

That’s all sorts of wrong.

Is it any of your business really ?? :eek:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Zardoz wrote: »

I'll buy it off you :D

Where was this ?
    MS sold it directly on their (I think) German store, plus a bunch of the European Amazon stores had the same deal. There was thread about it here.

I don't have any info that it'll be repeated, but worth a shot keeping an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Zardoz wrote: »

Get yourself setup with a few years of gamepass ultimate and away you go, one of the best bargains I've ever availed of, not to mention the pandemic!

greenspurs wrote: »
    Is it any of your business really ?? :eek:

Public internet forum?

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

7 years of life more in SeriesS than OneS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Holding out to see if last years deals will be repeated this year... €99 digital model was a savage deal last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Got one last year for €99 new from MS direct. Already had a controller so it ended up costing me €65 after I sold the new pad.

€250 is not a bargain for this. It's not even a good price. It would be madness to buy this at €250 when the Series S is twice as powerful and will last years longer for €50 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

Soarer wrote: »
    Public internet forum?

Yeah.

it's not, another know it all :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Shred

Look, I'd implore anyone considering buying this to stop and just go and spend the extra €50 on the new series S if you can afford to do so; the One S will soon be entering end of life and if buying for kids especially they're likely more clued in than you think regarding the new devices and will likely be disappointed if it's their Christmas pressie!

However, if you're buying it for yourself and you don't care about any of that knock yourself out I suppose.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    so true...I bought the Xbox One X last year with jedi fallen order for €228.

Where did you get that deal??? :eek:
    unklerosco wrote: »
    Holding out to see if last years deals will be repeated this year... €99 digital model was a savage deal last year.

I think that price reflects the fact that the old One S disc version is still a fairly high end blu-ray 4k player, so some people buy it for that quality alone. Dedicated players aren't much cheaper. The gaming part is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Sorry for going off topic but don't want to intrude on the other forums.

I have seen ads recently for a game called Call of Duty Cold War and it looks really good and has me thinking about going out and buying a console. I'm in my 30's and never had a console, would people suggest that the console mentioned for €99 meet my needs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Sorry for going off topic but don't want to intrude on the other forums.

I have seen ads recently for a game called Call of Duty Cold War and it looks really good and has me thinking about going out and buying a console. I'm in my 30's and never had a console, would people suggest that the console mentioned for €99 meet my needs?

Yes, it would. But the €99 was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Black Friday is a good time to buy. A PS4 pro or Xbox one X might have some good deals on and would be a great intro to gaming, they’ll still pick up any AAA games for a year or 2 I’m sure

Call of duty itself is very unlikely to be discounted by much if anything since it’s literally just released

PS5 and Xbox series x/s, absolutely no chance of a discount, the consoles themselves are in extremely high demand

This forum and HUKD are both great places to keep an eye on but be ready to jump when bargains are posted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Unknownability

grogi wrote: »
    Yes, it would. But the €99 was last year.

Thank you, Might just pick one up second hand.

• Advertisement

Thi9s looks like it as good as it gets so. WAs hoping for 99 euro :(

Same here. People on the Xbox forum say they got one for 120 last year. Hesitant to buy in case there is a sudden drop.

Gamestop have it at 249 with an extra controller. Not too sure about the delivery times though.

Safe to assume the price of this console is not going to drop before Christmas then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Safe to assume the price of this console is not going to drop before Christmas then?

Hard to know. With the new consoles out it’s only a matter of time before you see them being fire sold off by retailers.

I think read somewhere on the thread that the child was 7. If that’s the case I wouldn’t go near the old console. You can be sure all their mates will be getting the new one and 7 becomes 8 and 9 quickly and then you’ll have to fork out for another console.

Fortnite is free to play and would be easily downloaded on the new console that’s retailing at €300.

It’s an amazing machine for that price. Very tempted to buy one myself, install Dev mode and emulate the living daylights out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Doesn't look like it, been searching for deals... none to be had. Even used consoles are selling at high enough prices.

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it, been searching for deals... none to be had. Even used consoles are selling at high enough prices.

A lot of retailers are out of stock. I think the key question is are they going to get a big delivery or not. If they do we might see a price drop, but I'm not sure these consoles are even being manufactured anymore.

Advertisement