Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

biko wrote: »
    You're right, that was intended for another thread.

I figured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Is it that hard to believe that such numbers of people within the US would want to see everyone treated fairly?

Is that so alien a concept to you?

Ya...right.

There was a ball of out of state protesters arrested in Kenosha do you think they saw an injustice, grabbed their molotov cocktails, bricks and jumped in the car batman like and took off?

Come on, some body is funding and organizing all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

biko wrote: »
    If you meet someone from Nigeria today it's more likely someone in their extended family handled slaves than someone in your extended family.
    If you meet someone from Saudi Arabia it's probable someone in their extended family handled slaves, and not even that long ago.
    What has that got to do with anything Biko, I mean, I can see you posting it on other threads, but why here?

Hilarious! Even though biko posted it here in error, it’s a damn sight more relevant to this thread than forest fires, no? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

WTF is thread tennis and why is one piece of evidence of a member of the police force being part of the problem not reasonable to use evidence of another member of the police force holding a particular view?

People seem to get very annoyed with evidence being offered against their argument, why is that?

I didn't make an argument. I posted a Sheriff that had effectively obliterated the "peaceful protest" nonsense and the clip posted in no way negated the point the Sheriff was making or his need to make it.
    As for deflecting from the points they make? What do you think you have done in this post? What do you think a discussion on a heated topic is only each side offering their view in such a manner?

I was referring to your whataboutery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

So Seattle has hired a convicted pimp, Andre Taylor, who was convicted of running a prostitution operation — which included pimping underage girls, to be their "street czar" and is now paid a $150K salary to Consult on Police ‘Reform’. As a street czar, his contract tasks him to “provide recommendations to the City on de-escalation, community engagement, and alternatives to policing.”

Andre Taylors own his definition: "A street czar is a person who has a particular genius in a particular area". No, he is simply a convict. An opportunist is simply interested in only himself.

https://twitter.com/KittyLists/status/1306352107822276608

NY Post

• Advertisement

That cannot be true...no way I'm believing that!!!

Hilarious! Even though biko posted it here in error, it’s a damn sight more relevant to this thread than forest fires, no? :)

Not when the same people who are wailing and gnashing their teeth at a cost of 1B in damages are ambivalent to the damage being done by such fires ProfessorPlum.

It would be less relevant if it wasn't the same posters involved. That's the thing about the internet, even behind an anonymous account, your views can be sill paint a picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

gozunda wrote: »
    Civil Rights Activist Bob Woodson blasts Black Lives Matter, says 'race grievance vigilantes' are 'destroying this nation'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bob-woodson-black-lives-matter-grievance-vigilantes

https://youtu.be/j1p1bU4VZuA

'destroying this nation' That is the whole idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Spare me the sanctimony.

I'm quite sure I care a lot more about the livelihoods of those who own black businesses a hell of a lot more than anyone who recently is decrying their suffering purely in order to be able to undermine the wider calls of their communities to see reform in within police forces who behave in a disproportionate manner towards them.

Wow, just wow.

Some response to a charge of narcissism.

Danzy wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.

Some response to a charge of narcissism.

If they are not saving the planet they are saving our souls from our ourselves...they are just like the priests!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If they are not saving the planet they are saving our souls from our ourselves...they are just like the priests!!!

Not all Priests, old school ones, quite a few regulars here would have made Archbishop.

And pick and choose the things to pay attention to. As usual.
    'Speaking about picking and choosing, I didn't see anyone crying out for defund the police and spend the money on social services, when there was a police shooting in a town south of Boston, a couple of days ago.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/09/22/massachusetts-police-officer-shoots-assault-suspect-incident-is-under-investigation/

That is because the man shot, was white.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think what the poster was getting at is that anyone they disagree with on any other subject and who voice an opinion in this thread or any other is hypocritical or if they do so they hate trees or something. Apparently all those "same posters" also have a hive mind and are morally suspect or wtte

Unfortunately more of the same bizarre argument used endlessly ...
    Not when the same people who are wailing and gnashing their teeth at a cost of 1B in damages are ambivalent to the damage being done by such fires ProfessorPlum.

It would be less relevant if it wasn't the same posters involved. That's the thing about the internet, even behind an anonymous account, your views can be sill paint a picture.

That said - I've still no idea what wildfires have to do with deliberate violence looting and burning ... :confused:

I think what the poster was getting at is that anyone they disagree with on any other subject and who voice an opinion in this thread or any other is hypocritical or if they do so they hate trees or something. Apparently all those "same posters" also have a hive mind and are morally suspect or wtte

Unfortunately more of the same bizarre argument used endlessly ...

It wasn't even that complicated and you still feel the need to show that you couldn't grasp it....

It wasn't even that complicated and you still feel the need to show that you couldn't grasp it....

;)

Whether I do or otherwise - it remains wildfires are still completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread ...

The forest fires might be relevant.

BLM Leader Arrested For Starting Wildfires.

'Speaking about picking and choosing, I didn't see anyone crying out for defund the police and spend the money on social services, when there was a police shooting in a town south of Boston, a couple of days ago.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/09/22/massachusetts-police-officer-shoots-assault-suspect-incident-is-under-investigation/

That is because the man shot, was white.

What makes you think that such an event is not considered amongst the protests going on around the city at this very second calling for action?

Police have killed 1,010 Americans in the past year. Do you think all their names are included specifically in protests?

So Seattle has hired a convicted pimp, Andre Taylor, who was convicted of running a prostitution operation — which included pimping underage girls, to be their "street czar" and is now paid a $150K salary to Consult on Police ‘Reform’. As a street czar, his contract tasks him to “provide recommendations to the City on de-escalation, community engagement, and alternatives to policing.”

Andre Taylors own his definition: "A street czar is a person who has a particular genius in a particular area". No, he is simply a convict. An opportunist is simply interested in only himself.

NY Post

If that is the future of policing - America is now officialy feked ...

;)

Whether I do or otherwise - it remains wildfires are still completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread ...

I wasn't the one expressing dismay at the impact to businesses.

No one has yet to answer why they have such concern over one type of damage, and apathy towards the other much greater amount.

The forest fires might be relevant.

BLM Leader Arrested For Starting Wildfires.

Officials have had something to say on this.
    Officials turned to Facebook on Wednesday and Thursday to squash competing narratives — some posts blamed far-left antifa activists and others said the far-right group the Proud Boys were responsible for fires that have scorched wide swaths of Oregon and Washington state.

• Advertisement

NY Post

It shows you what white so called leaders , think about the black community.
    They wouldn’t hire a white pimp, to reach out to the white community.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No one has yet to answer why they have such concern over one type of damage, and apathy towards the other much greater amount.

Eh yes they have. Stop lying. Looting, vandalism and criminal damage are all done puposely. Forest fires aren't... except for in cases of arson... like linked above.

I know you weren't. I think that's the point.

But yes you are correct in a manner of speaking "no one has ... to answer" anything of the sort

It remains that derailing the thread with a discussion of an (unsupported) belief that some posters hate trees or whatever definitly has nothing to do with this thread.

And so back to the discussion....

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

And pick and choose the things to pay attention to. As usual.

This is a BLM thread. That's why the attention is on BLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

All the trees that were burnt were brown.......omg racist

Omackeral wrote: »
    Eh yes they have. Stop lying. Looting, vandalism and criminal damage are all done puposely. Forest fires aren't... except for in cases of arson... like linked above.

Give over Omackeral, if people here were so concerned with such righteousness, they would express such views across the board, not selectively.

Maybe they would like to offer why they are so concerned about black businesses, but not about black citizens?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Give over Omackeral, if people here were so concerned with such righteousness, they would express such views across the board, not selectively.

Maybe they would like to offer why they are so concerned about black businesses, but not about black citizens?

What exactly do you think makes a black business a black business ??? The paint job???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Black businesses are run by black citizens. Destroying Black businesses has a negative impact on black citizens, in fact all citizens.
    Not all black citizens support BLM either as it happens.

Glazers Out!

Erm.... I think most people are concerned about citizens. Of all colours. But what they don't support is looting and rioting. By people of any colour.

• Advertisement

Who are these unnamed individuals you find to be morally suspect because they have termerity to denounce violence, looting and burning?

And as far as I can see looking at the comments in this thread that is inclusive of all US citizens and their places of work / businesses. It's obvious such violence affects people of all races regardless. Why do you suggest otherwise?

Advertisement