Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New watch 'lost' in post - What next

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

fat bloke wrote: »
    Nice one.

And fair play to the seller. Sounds like a fella worth dealing with again in the future. -Maybe share his details so he benefits from his customer focus :)

Still got the goo on ya for an Alpinist? They are lovely.

Just, one, more, Seiko :D

Please share the sellers details. Sounds like great customer service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

No problem and I must repeat the seller was courteous and helpful all along and never hinted once they didnt believe me. Even in the PayPal case they never said anything against me. It was just that Paypal didnt really care.

They have a great Seiko range and good prices too.

Obviously I had a bad experience with their carrier chain so I'm not sure how quickly I'd order something again where DHL/anPost was involved. Not saying anPost is dodgy. Mistakes or bad apples can happen everywhere its just once bitten and all that...

Anyway this would have been my new watch had things gone ok, well, the black one actually, seems out of stock now: https://www.faszinationzeit.de/seiko-prospex-alpinist-automatic-spb119j1_78424_5505

Looking at that lovely off white dial now and I still kind of want it. Its a very very nice watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Looking at that lovely off white dial now and I still kind of want it. Its a very very nice watch.

Would you roll those DHL dice again though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

buy local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

At your local Alpinist shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

fat bloke wrote: »
    At your local Alpinist shop.

There's 4 of them here in Lucan.

blingrhino wrote: »
    buy local.

There is that but where I live the last proper jeweller just closed this summer. And what would be the chance he'd have that watch? Next to none.
    Plus that watch was €700 plus everywhere I looked, but on that site it was €550.

Advertisement