Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Carrickmines

Options
  • 17-01-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I wanted to order from IKEA using their click and go option and pick it up from Carrickmines.
    Not finding it on the website I called their callcentre and i find out that they don't do Click and Go anymore in Dublin
    I understood what the guy told, but i do not understand the logic of it.
    It goes like this:
    They don't do Click and Go.
    and I can't order on line.
    But if i really want to collect something from Carrickmines I have to go there and place the order.
    Then I return home and wait til they order it in, then they will contact me when they have it and tell me I can come and collect it.
    I will hop in my car again and get it.
    I can also go to Ballymun, place the order and arrange to collect it from Carrickmines.
    My question is this: Is there something obvious that I am not seeing?

Why would I make two trips to Carrickmines, when I could make one slightly longer trip to Ballymun and get the items on the spot?
    They are bulky items that would fit in the car anyway but would cost €50 to deliver.
    The only reason I was thinking of Carrickmines is that it is a bit closer to me.

Are there other reasons why it would be necessary to go twice to Carrickmines?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, that's the way it is.
    They just want you in the door in Carrickmines so you'll impulse buy some candle holders or mugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I've never been there.
    Can you actually buy things on the spot or they are hoping you will add stuff to the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You can buy a small selection of stuff on the spot, do room consultations (kitchen design, wardrobe design) and see a small number of mock rooms.

Their business model is based on getting people in store to see stuff they might want - so i can understand why they got rid of click and collect. Their click and collect wasnt great anyway. There was a €15 charge for anything if collecting from Carrickmines, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Right, I'll hop in the car and head to Ballymun in a bit.
    I have a short list and i hope to stick to it:)
    Thank you for replying.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I never bother with Carrickmines. Better to just spend the extra 30 mins and drive to Ballymun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

awec wrote: »
    I never bother with Carrickmines. Better to just spend the extra 30 mins and drive to Ballymun.

+1 Carrickmines is a waste of time. As a poster said earlier, mugs and candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 Carrickmines is a waste of time. As a poster said earlier, mugs and candles.

I live close to Carrickmines . I would do anything to avoid going to ikea in ballymun as it takes so long .

I find it easier to go to Carrickmines twice than ballymun once .

Two short trips, no queuing , no temptation to buy other rubbish

huskerdu wrote: »
    I live close to Carrickmines . I would do anything to avoid going to ikea in ballymun as it takes so long .

It's probably not bad if you are absolutely certain about what you need, but often I need to see IKEA stuff made up as the pictures online can be a bit misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Best time for IKEA in Ballymun - week nights, it is open until 9pm! And most evenings its easy to get around & the queues in the restaurant are not so bad either

huskerdu wrote: »

Yes, we know it's a pain to get to Ballymun but what do you do when you go to IKEA Carrickmines? For my money, it's just a mini version of Sostrene Green in Dun Laoghaire, you'd be much better off going there instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

coylemj wrote: »
    Yes, we know it's a pain to get to Ballymun but what do you do when you go to IKEA Carrickmines? For my money, it's just a mini version of Sostrene Green in Dun Laoghaire, you'd be much better off going there instead!

I never go to ikea to browse. I only ever go to buy a specific thing. I do go to ballymun reluctantly if I need to see something .

I was answering the OPs question on the point of IKEA Carrickmines . It’s there to enable people like me order and collect items.
    You can also make an appointment with the wardrobe and kitchen designers
    I regularly pop in to buy food products If I happen to be close and it’s very popular. Always plenty of people .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does the Carrickmines branch do food at all?

Muahahaha wrote:
    Does the Carrickmines branch do food at all?

Yep limited selection. The more popular items.

Meatballs for sure.

There's no cafe though if that's what you were asking?

awec wrote:
    There's no cafe though if that's what you were asking?

There is a cafe.

Baggly wrote: »
    There is a cafe.

There's a cafe in the Carrickmines IKEA?

Are you sure? I've never noticed it. :o

Yeah it's in the back left corner. Again very limited selection but tea coffee sambos Swedish cakes all there.

There's a Costa coffee place between McDonalds and PC World but if you want something more substantial, I'd recommend Vanilla Pod on the other side, it's excellent. There's a cafe in the same building, directly across the road from McDonalds/KFC.

Advertisement