Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vue cinema, took money, not tickets, no refund

Options
  • 15-01-2020 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I wonder can anyone help. I'll try to be as brief as possible. I paid for Vue cinema tickets online before Christmas. I got an error when booking, did not get the tickets but was charged. I rang the help line but there was an estimated 1 hour wait so I didn't bother. I went to the cinema itself at Liffey Valley, the manager explained that there was a problem with their system the day I tried to book and that my money would be refunded the following Monday. I purchased the tickets I wanted with cash that day safe in the knowledge my money would be refunded to my card.

The Monday came and went but there was no sign of the refund. I rang the helpline again but it was still telling me there was a 1 hour wait. I went back up to the cinema and explain the situation. They told me that all they could do was give me tickets to the value of the money I am owed. I was not able to get my money back from the venue and that I would have to contact Ster Century (the owners) for a refund. The manager gave me an email address for them so I didnt have to wait on the phone. I sent an email to them, with attachments showing the error etc and explaining the situation. All I got was an automated reply saying they would be back to me as soon as possible.

I resent the email a few times over the next two weeks but kept just getting the same automated response. I decided to ring the helpline and waited the hour. After an hour on hold the line just hung up!!!! I sent emails explaining the latest situation but am still getting automated responses.

It has been a month now & I feel they are not going to help. Is there any further action I can take?

Any advice appreciated, sorry for the length & thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Contact your bank & request a chargeback to your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Contact your bank & request a chargeback to your card.

Can I do that? It was a debit card. Sorry I'm not much up to speed with banking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Can I do that? It was a debit card. Sorry I'm not much up to speed with banking stuff
    Yes.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Small claims court

???
    Pay 25 euro to claim back the cost of 2 cinema tickets?

As someone else pointed out, just do a chargeback with your bank.

• Advertisement

???
    Pay 25 euro to claim back the cost of 2 cinema tickets?

I would, I'm actually that p1ssed off with them

As someone else pointed out, just do a chargeback with your bank.

Rang the bank there, charge back team finished at 6pm. Ill ring them tomorrow, thanks all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You don't get the fee back on a domestic small claim. You are explicitly disallowed from claiming the fee by the underlying legislation.

Debit card chargeback is the logical option here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    You get the €25 back if you win and this is clearly and open and shut case. You've learnt something mr.outrage.

No you dont. And you calling me mr outrage is obnoxious.

Advertisement