Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrick Russell

Options
  • 30-11-2020 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I just had a chance to watch back last Wednesday’s Rte investigates
    Excellent piece of investigative journalism by Paul Murphy but it was a tough watch, I couldn’t decide which was more disgusting, Russell’s scams or the fact that the guards, the dpp and the revenue all failed to do anything about this scumbag, also the high and mighty bar council allowed him to become a barrister despite the fact that he had judgements against him for fraud, it beggars belief, if anyone thinks this country has moved on from the 80s is deluded, this piece of sh1t Russell was allowed to steel 8 million over 30 years, the guards, the dpp, the bar council and the revenue all knew about him yet nobody acted, so it means they are all either completely incompetent or corrupt or both.. this fraudster was obviously being protected by the dpp, this country is rotten to the core, I see little difference in here and Russia, corruption is rife and the legal profession are at the center of most of it, look at shameless woulfe who was given the nod and a wink from Varadkar and McEntee went along with it, nothing but corruption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I couldn't believe what I was watching

staggering levels of corruption

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

I couldn't believe what I was watching

staggering levels of corruption

Unbelievable and in the end all he got was 4 years with the final year suspended and after a year of being adjourned due to him being ‘sick’

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

after the theft of nearly 8m the DPP hadn't enough evidence for a prosecution

the forged Revenue letters?

nobody in the debt recovery unit copped they were coming from the same source
    really?

the "fraud squad" took 7 years to investigate this man?

have other media sources picked up on this case?

after the theft of nearly 8m the DPP hadn't enough evidence for a prosecution

the forged Revenue letters?

nobody in the debt recovery unit copped they were coming from the same source
    really?

the "fraud squad" took 7 years to investigate this man?

have other media sources picked up on this case?

I am just baffled as to why this hasn’t been picked up in the media, there has to be some sort of cover up the whole thing stinks to high heaven
    How have Sinn Fein not even picked up on it???
    How come the media was all over the cover up of mere penalty points yet a barrister with judgements against his name who was a very close associate of Albert Reynolds and had some very high profile victims, ripped off people to the tune of 8 million the media don’t pick it up? Something radically wrong here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Blue collar crime just doesn't seem to be taken seriously enough in this country.

• Advertisement

Blue collar crime just doesn't seem to be taken seriously enough in this country.

White collar crime you mean?
    I’d love to know what the so called fraud squad do all day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

White collar crime you mean?
    I’d love to know what the so called fraud squad do all day

Yes pardon me meant to say white collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I am just baffled as to why this hasn’t been picked up in the media, there has to be some sort of cover up the whole thing stinks to high heaven
    How have Sinn Fein not even picked up on it???
    How come the media was all over the cover up of mere penalty points yet a barrister with judgements against his name who was a very close associate of Albert Reynolds and had some very high profile victims, ripped off people to the tune of 8 million the media don’t pick it up? Something radically wrong here

Former SF activist apparently.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsandculture/arid-40087961.html

elperello wrote: »

Well that explains it, SF happy to whine over anything once it’s not themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barneyridg

Yes good exposure of this convicted fraudster - but the fall out was Paul Murphy correct filming him out and about including outside private premises where others are living???

• Advertisement
Advertisement