Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris Marathon

• 08-05-2020 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Don't see a thread here so kicking one off.After the postponement in april; they have kicked the entries to October. Good chance of further postponement so no harm to throw up a thread here for swaps or sales etc.
    I am unlikely to run Paris in October but COVID 19 permitting I would aim for Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

echancrure wrote: »
    Same boat.

Any more room on that boat !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

DUBLIN HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED!

DUBLIN HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED!

Eh........was cancelled on May 19th.

Some weird rumours going on about Paris marathon 2020 being pushed back 4 weeks later to November 15th on facebook and twitter from relatively reasonable sources: travel operator, magazine...
    e.g.
    https://www.facebook.com/Jogging.International/photos/a.10152117844768920/10157716774733920/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement

Some weird rumours going on about Paris marathon 2020 being pushed back 4 weeks later to November 15th on facebook and twitter from relatively reasonable sources: travel operator, magazine...
    e.g.
    https://www.facebook.com/Jogging.International/photos/a.10152117844768920/10157716774733920/?type=3&theater

Confirmed https://www.facebook.com/parismarathon/posts/4706341019391843
    :eek:

Organisers getting dogs abuse on the FB page over this from people who rebooked flights and accommodation for the September date. Majority of them would prefer a cancellation to the April 2021 date. I dont think I would take a chance of booking for the November date now. If you dont run it this year you have to wait until December 2021 for a refund !!

Organisers getting dogs abuse on the FB page over this from people who rebooked flights and accommodation for the September date. Majority of them would prefer a cancellation to the April 2021 date. I dont think I would take a chance of booking for the November date now. If you dont run it this year you have to wait until December 2021 for a refund !!

Yes ASO, who are the organisers, are taking the piss.

Just got notification today that the Paris Marathon 2021 has been deferred to October 17th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Yes got the same. There won't be any big city marathons in the Spring. Maybe Vaccine cert needed to run in October

• Advertisement

6run28 wrote: »
    Yes got the same. There won't be any big city marathons in the Spring. Maybe Vaccine cert needed to run in October

I wont be going, I have a spot in New York November 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Fantastic. Ive never run NY but heard great things about it. I'll likely do Dublin myself in October so no Paris for me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Some great choices in Eupore next Autumn without the grind of training through our winter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

New York is class. Its a tough course though, so go for the experience and enjoyment of it

Advertisement