Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reach for the sky...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

sat 27th july 13k run.. 1 10 ish

sun 28th july 10k run 1 hr

tuesday 30th 5.6k run

thursday 1st august 10k 1 hr have new runners ordered..god knows their needed about 1800 on the adrenalines now..

8k run.. fastish last 3k.. slow first 5 though..

7k ..meant to be long but got up too late.. long tomorrow so

• Advertisement

5th august 13... 15k run

4th august

kayaking.. it can be counted as cross training, an hour easy so prob 3k ish

6th august

swimming.. 500 m ..havent swam in a month and i knew it..

7th august , intervals
    1.2k warm up
    6 x 400m fast --ish
    6 x 400m easy

6k total .. building up 7 next week etc etc

8th august

7k run in the woods

swimming with the kids

new runners, not convinced, but ive only had them on twice.. hopefully i get used to them

10th august
    14k run.. bother with runners again.. will have to look into an alternative

12th august intervals .. 1200 warm up, 5 x 400 fast , 4 x 400 slow, 3k warm down.. not doing much as 10k race at the weekend dont want to be too stiff,

• Advertisement

14th aug 5.7k

quiet week, itb and knee twinges early last week and i had a 10k on sunday so i didnt want to do too much and make things worse, so took from thursay to sunday off,
    ran 10k race sunday, first 3k too fast, 2nd 3k too slow, last 3k prob just about right, last km i thought the finish was a bit further down the road so left the kick a bit late.. finished 45.05, pb by 40 something seconds, should have been under 45 really.. as usual didnt train properly for it, i think close to 40 is possible with some concentration and proper training.
    holidays in wexford this week, swam every day for the 3 days and ran intervals 1 day on the track in new ross.. about 8k
    back to it today .. short run today, long run tomorrow..

had to go to the bog on saturday so didnt get anything done til yesterday
    7k run / shuffle to loosen out the back and hamstrings a bit, replaced the gt 2000s with alchemys , which were got in ak in bray for 45 quid ( old model ) and all is good so far, no niggles, itb knee or otherwise.. off today again do something tomorrow , probably track intervals..

27th august
    intervals
    1600 warmp up
    6 x 400 faster
    6 x 400 recovery
    2k jog

8.4k total

29th august

7k.. tight for time, but need to start getting a bit more organised and getting time available to get distance up..

friday saturday nothing, side of knee / itb still twinging which is worrying, not overly keen on going for long run and making it worse but with 8 weeks to go the mileage needs to increase a lot..think its time to get to the physio and see what they think..
    bad bad bad hangover today.. still hopeful of getting some bit of a shuffle done at some stage but what distance it turns out to be god only knows.. better to do something than nothing though

got out for a sweaty slow hungover 6 or 7k , knee wasnt / isnt too bad either..

16k lsr

7k belleek woods run.. possible aquathon tomorrow, im not sure if me or better half or both are doing it.. swim will be a disaster..but its more for the club / social end of it im going and for the chance to get an extra workout in.. another long run required on saturday..

9.6k run , part of aquathon so had plenty of company, went well though,

• Advertisement

14k lsr

6.5k early morning shuffle, knee / itb problems seem to be slowly sorting themselves out, little bit of a twinge below the knee to the side of shin / calf which is getting a bit annoying ..

12th september , 5k blah run in the woods.. roll on athlone so i can get back to some decent running

athlone half
    1.44.57 which is what i was aiming for, aerobicaly i was comfortable throughout , legs got bit heavy round 16-17k, which tells me that my long runs need to get longer.. took a gel at 19 odd which was possbily a bit late to be taking it , woke up on last km .. and got in where i wanted,
    very warm out there today, i was up early to get kids to grannys, drove 2 hours and only as i started did i realise id had nothing to drink all day, got water at 5k and hung onto the bottle til it was gone which i never do, same at the other 2 water stations as well.. so that probably didnt help..
    saw a few boards heads around in the gym but went to the car to put stuff away and when i went back they were gone..so didnt get to chat to anyone.. sorry..

back to it 9k run 52 mins.. on the slow side, met a few dogs had to retreat and reroute

8. something km .. ish

6 am !!! 9k run.. lovely morning for it, calm and warm even, but my god i was tired , id say i was still dreaming for the first 2k,

lsr day.. 33k the last 3 1/2 were torture.. another one next weekend !
    UP MAYO

24th sep 8k run surprised at how hard i found it, must be the heat and the weekends run

• Advertisement

5k tt blowout, cos i thought better half wanted to get out after me, ran it hard-ish , finished wrecked.. then she doesnt want to go out :eek:
    ah well .. needed the change from slow runs all the time

Advertisement