Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various football 5/6 sides, city locations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 willyastop

Myself & few of the lads are looking for teams of 5 to take on in drom soccer park/corrib village cages or anywhere that suits them in a decent level 5 on 5 game.whether it be for the craic or for money is fine with me.the format we usually play is first to 3 sets(each set is first to 5 goals) to keep the scoreboard manageable & keep it competitive.was hoping to get as much match practice behind ourselves for salthill fives & derek crowe sixes in the summer so please get back to me guys.mondays/tuesday/wednesday nights preferably after 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's a thread for this already.

BTW is anybody from out west interested in having 5 a sides in Drom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

So dinneenp's 5 a side is over. Any one else have a 5 a side that needs more people?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

By my reckoning between this thread and the other one there are the following fourteen potential players from Boards alone:
    keltoms05
    civis_liberalis
    HandsomePete
    markesmith
    Im_No_Superman
    Shooter_galway
    DonkeyPunch
    Suza
    Average-Ro
    OldAtHeart
    conor mc namara
    FrankWalter
    Sniipe
    Rony76

It might be worth seeing if the Mervue slot can be kept going. Someone will of course have to take over the fun of the organisation.

Malice wrote: »
    Someone will of course have to take over the fun of the organisation.

Does not compute... :)

Just curious, does the organiser have to pay himself if there isn't enough to play or whats the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Definitely up for that, but begs not doin the organising! ha!! with work i am not back in galway untill around 730 so 8 kick off would be good. Pitch in oranmore is good pitch if anyone knows someone who would have the number

Well I think dinneenp's slot may be up for grabs still... Tuesday @ 8.15.

Sniipe wrote:
    Does not compute...
    Just speaking from the experience of organising games in the past. Between e-mails and texts it gets quite time-consuming and people tend to get ratty if you tell them "Sorry, we've already got 10 tonight". Although that might have just been the way with my cranky mates ;).

Sniipe wrote: »
    Just curious, does the organiser have to pay himself if there isn't enough to play or whats the story?
    I've been playing in Mervue and Drom on and off for years and we've never had to pay any time we had to cancel. Now, I'm sure if you cancelled four weeks in a row or something they might give your slot to someone else but otherwise I think they understand that shit happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rony76

Hi Lads

Just moved to Galway area and looking for a social kickabout. Wandered if you still played and if spaces are available or if you know of any other groups where a person can pitch up and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Me too. Haven't played since last year.

Might only stand in goals for the most of it (if i'm let), but I wouldn't mind a run anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

a few of the lads were hoping to play a game next week and are looking for a team to play. we have 5 so if you are up for a game give us a shout. we are from the galway city area so drom or corrib village suits fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Rony76 wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Just moved to Galway area and looking for a social kickabout. Wandered if you still played and if spaces are available or if you know of any other groups where a person can pitch up and play.

Same for me. Will be able to play in a few weeks time (mid to late April)
    hoping to join an easygoing but semi-competitive 5,6 or 7 a side to help get fit and to train for stepping up to 11 a side in the summer.

Malice wrote: »
    I've been playing in Mervue and Drom on and off for years and we've never had to pay any time we had to cancel. Now, I'm sure if you cancelled four weeks in a row or something they might give your slot to someone else but otherwise I think they understand that shit happens.

I took that he meant does the person who's collecting the money have to make the shortfall himself if people don't show, as opposed to cancelling.

I've often played games where 2/3 went without paying, I'm not sure did the organiser make it up himself or go in and say ''look I was left short this is all I have'' I know from the Drom anyway of this happening once or twice and they didn't say much tbh.

If ye play a night I'm free I'd come along.

ianburke wrote: »
    a few of the lads were hoping to play a game next week and are looking for a team to play. we have 5 so if you are up for a game give us a shout. we are from the galway city area so drom or corrib village suits fine.

I'll see will the lads play, we play in a 5's league up the Drom on Sundays so we already have the team organised

I took that he meant does the person who's collecting the money have to make the shortfall himself if people don't show, as opposed to cancelling.

I've often played games where 2/3 went without paying, I'm not sure did the organiser make it up himself or go in and say ''look I was left short this is all I have'' I know from the Drom anyway of this happening once or twice and they didn't say much tbh.

If ye play a night I'm free I'd come along.
    Fair point. When I organised games before we'd usually cover someone if they didn't pay or forgot money or whatever with the understanding that the person would settle up the following week. It was awkward for a while when Drom upped their price from €50 to €60 for the hour. It meant that you couldn't just bring a fiver, it had to be a fiver plus change.

We are taking the pitch over from dinneenp in Mervue which is Tuesday @ 8.15pm. Getting a core team together first then we'll look to make the shortfall up with people from boards. Should know soon how many we need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Sniipe wrote: »
    We are taking the pitch over from dinneenp in Mervue which is Tuesday @ 8.15pm. Getting a core team together first then we'll look to make the shortfall up with people from boards. Should know soon how many we need.

that time slot is good for me, played my first game in about a year there last Tuesday and still have aches and pains from it, i am doing some jogging but 5 a side really ups the fitness especially coz there are hardly any stoppages, i was thinking after the game, ya it'll take me a few games to get up to speed but then Pa said he wasn't covering the time slot anymore as he is entering a league so glad to see someone has taken it over, count me in if you are short

Hi folks, just been onto a guy in oranmore about availability and want to know whos in before i go ahead???? can u let me know asap, will try to get a slot around 8/9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi folks, just been onto a guy in oranmore about availability and want to know whos in before i go ahead???? can u let me know asap, will try to get a slot around 8/9pm

I might be interested, depends on what day and time.
    Update when you have more info please

tuesday wednesday or thursday 8 - 9 how does this suit????

• Advertisement

tuesday wednesday or thursday 8 - 9 how does this suit????

Wed 8-9 would suit me best.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are out for me at the moment. 8/9 any other night is good. Don't mind how many a side and I am out of shape so it's all about the exercise for me. Are there pitches for hire in oranmore?

you could also try Corinthians, they have a nice pitch. We used to play on half of it, nice size for 5/6 a side.

Very short notice but might be a few short for 6 up the Drom..... We have 3 confirmed so far, but another potential 7/8 who have yet to reply.

I only got word from the organiser 20mins ago, so I was left short to make up the rest of the numbers.

Just saw this - too short notice at this stage sadly

Hope you have a good one

By the way where is the drum

Rony76 wrote: »
    By the way where is the drum
    Drom is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I would be interested in a game. I am not looking for anything at too serious or high intensity right now as I'm just getting back to some fitness after knee surgery.

I also live near enough Drom so could take up an offer of a game on short notice if anyone is stuck for players. PM me if you like.

wed night at 8 in oranmore, whos interested?

I'd be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Count me in. PMd with mobile number for future games, I'm always around during the week.

Advertisement