Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancies For Today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Slattsy wrote: »
    I didnt back the horse but seen the race, i thought Kirby was awful myself
    I may have discovered the reason for the tender ride.This one has already won a "fast track" race so gets in to the big money race on good Friday.It could be the case that a penalty was the last thing required today.
    I can only blame myself for assuming that because he was in a"fast track" race he was not already qualified.One to keep an eye on and it is easier to understand now why the normally excellent Adam Kirby was not at his "best" today or maybe he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Time to get first post-Chelt winner... maybe

My Matador 13/2(Limerick 2.25)

Chatham House Rule will not stay IMO. Tarabiyn hates the going, and I don't think even Ruby can help that. My Matador has soft form from a race in France last year. Three other horses are unknowns.

Small bet!

tinodz wrote: »
    Time to get first post-Chelt winner... maybe

My Matador 13/2(Limerick 2.25)

Chatham House Rule will not stay IMO. Tarabiyn hates the going, and I don't think even Ruby can help that. My Matador has soft form from a race in France last year. Three other horses are unknowns.

Small bet!

Oh great, last. Behind three newcomers. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,433 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Getabuzz 12-1 4.40
    Alpha Tauri 5-1 4.20

I fancy these two today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Not going to make anyone rich but Hollie Point from the Appleby stable looks like winning the 8 15 at Kempton.Won last race and can go in again tonight at odds of around 6/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ludlow 2.20 Area Fifty One 3/1
    Ludlow 4.05 Arkaim 9/2
    Chepstow 5.20 Midnight Velvet 13/2 ( I don't back unraced horses, will just be watching this one)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

On Awesome Rosie 5.20 Chepstow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Brought down sick

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ludlow 2.20 Area Fifty One 3/1
    Ludlow 4.05 Arkaim 9/2
    Chepstow 5.20 Midnight Velvet 13/2 ( I don't back unraced horses, will just be watching this one)

Arkaim 1st Midnight Velvet 2nd not too bad

• Advertisement

I am holding off on Bets until April, but Beau Satchel is my fave horse and out today.

I see Paddy offering 10/3 on the Beau, Dancing Lord forecast. Which would be my bet here.

DUNDALK 7.05

Erm...

I did bet...

I threw €10 on the Beau Satchel, The Dancing Lord, Torpedo Alley Tricast on Paddy. They are offering 8/1 fixed. I just want to see what happens...

The Dancing Lord, Beau Satchel, Torpedo Alley was the finishing lineup. Damn so close!

3 for tomorrow

Downpatrick 3.45 Bose Ikard 7/2
    Wincanton 4.30 Southfield Vic 4/5
    Downpatrick 5.25 John Monash 5/4

I see Bertie Blu Boy 12/1 (Chelmsford City, 19:15) is out tomorrow. Insane front running horse vastly down in trip from last outing.

On him for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

I see Bertie Blu Boy 12/1 (Chelmsford City, 19:15) is out tomorrow. Insane front running horse vastly down in trip from last outing.

On him for fun.

Boom, nice one Tinodz

• Advertisement

On him for fun.

I honestly thought he was gonna get swallowed up the field, but he had enough to win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nice one was on it too.....appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Had Invigilator. Been in my tracker for ages horse has driven me nuts, has won at 16/1 and 20/1 that I missed and I've backed him probably every other time.

Mossies Well 7/2 (Newcastle, 14:10) is out again tomorrow.

He's the horse I posted in the Tips thread at the start of the month, made people angry for some reason, but won by 11 lengths!! Personally, I had a great win on him that day, so it is good to see him out again. but a few things to note...

He is up in class from that win (and has not won at this class before).
    Same distance is good for him though (he is a fantastic finisher at this distance).
    Same jockey (the horse wins races when he is held up and the back, and asked to push 2f out, this jock should know this, and not do something stupid).
    Needs Heavy/Soft going (there is no going report available yet).

I have made a small bet on him now, and am going to try to get on Betfair mid-race and have a go on the Exchange if he is looking good in-running. IMO if he is near the back of a bunched pack even at 3f out he will have a chance to win this due to his finishing. Maybe some big odds will pop up if people do not realise he has a big engine for the finish.

I am setting an alarm to remember to find a TV at 2PM, so he better at least try tomorrow (although he owes me nothing after the last great run).

Mossies Well did not have enough. :(

I think everything was done right... came from far back in the pack to get near the front... looked like he could have went through the gears... but could not get beyond third. Had speed near the end, but did not show the same burst of speed seen in the past.

Heard a pundit on ATR say he needs longer, personally think that is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Belgian Bill e/w tomorrah 16/1 in the Lincoln for me.

Now. Also got told from a daycent enough source that Mange All will win in the same race. So might have a small saver on this fella though short enough.

Rio Tigre each way here at Meydan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Marzocco e/w here for me, had him in accumulator when he won at Chelmsford last month, battles hard and wants to win, 8/1.

Won it well has to be said. Mine never got in to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

spring mile anyone?

Spas Dancer ew for me for tiny stakes

Belgian Bill lads c'mom

He has been backed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Forest Maiden In chelmsford @4.40 6/5 with coral

Balls

• Advertisement

Mange Hall the one to take out of the race.

Chance on Just The Judge here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

Quite a bit on pagham belle.....me included....

Could not do much of anything today, as I have the world's worst toothache... I have probably had too many Panadol's to be gambling, but...

Hokko Tarumae 8/1 (Meyden 5.00)

That horse was amazing every time I saw it race. Even the time it came 4th. Cannot say the same for any of the other top 4 in the race.

Really hope CC is stuffed!

Lovely

Did not like much of the top of field, but could have never picked Prince Bishop.

My tooth just got worse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Did not like much of the top of field, but could have never picked Prince Bishop.

My tooth just got worse...

Did you back anything in the tooth Hurty? 😀

I backed price bishop last yr, typical

• Advertisement

Bold Thady Quill Win 20/1
    Bold Thady Quill Top 5 Finish 3/1
    (Curragh 4.55)

Has not had a win in well over 2 years, but I adore the horse.

Both these on Paddy Power. I think that Top 5 price looks great!

Bold Thady Quill Win 20/1
    Bold Thady Quill Top 5 Finish 3/1
    (Curragh 4.55)

Has not had a win in well over 2 years, but I adore the horse.

Both these on Paddy Power. I think that Top 5 price looks great!

I have honestly no idea where it placed. Have not seen a race that strung out in a long time.

Giving this a go...

Borderlescott 25/1 (3:30 Musselburgh)

Last year, this race was ran on Good to Firm, and Borderlescott was headed by a nose. Back in October, he had an outing on the same course/distance and once again finished second (this time by a length). Borderlescott's favourite going is however Soft - and that is what the track is today.

First time out on a track where he has placed regularly, but now on going he seems to like. Worth a small shot at those odds for me!

Giving this a go...

Borderlescott 25/1 (3:30 Musselburgh)

Last year, this race was ran on Good to Firm, and Borderlescott was headed by a nose. Back in October, he had an outing on the same course/distance and once again finished second (this time by a length). Borderlescott's favourite going is however Soft - and that is what the track is today.

First time out on a track where he has placed regularly, but now on going he seems to like. Worth a small shot at those odds for me!

2nd again!! :eek:

Slattsy clear your message inbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

TheTorment wrote: »
    Slattsy clear your message inbox

He,s in munich on his stag for the weekend,i dont know if he has access to wi-fi

• Advertisement

If that's a tip your sharing my inbox is clear!

I'm sharing a few tips for his wedding night.....just so he wont be embarrassed! :)

Ha ha. Nice one. Its night time here. I'm still enjoying the Saturday evening where I am :)

I pm'd them to you too..with pics. Worth looking at!

Where is here?

Giving a few at Cork a shot today that have good history in bad conditions. (Going is Heavy to Soft today)

Prince Kup 4/1 (1.55)
    Ran well in what was basically a bog in France - so might like it today

Ecmon 7/2 (2.30)
    Odds on horse in this was a beaten fave last 3 times out. My pick has good history in soft conditions.

Reflet Ambre 7/1 (3.00)
    Another one that love the bog! Stablemate is the current fav, but this one had better form in this conditions.

Singles and a little 180/1 Treble for the hell of it. Would be happy if one came in for a bit of profit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement