Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has des kennedy closed

Options
  • 22-07-2015 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

I passed Des kennedys auto electrician in garryowen over last few weeks and everytime i passed, the garage was closed...
    does any one know if he has moved to another premises or has he closed for good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Gone on summer vacation perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭893bet

If you are stuck there is an auto electrician in the city centre. Drive up top of o connel street. Take a left just after the church (I think its St josephs?, there is scaffold on it currently). Then take a left again immediately to bring you behind the church. There is a little yard there with a diesel mechanic, an auto electrician etc. He sorted out the starter in my car last week as Des was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The guy off Joseph Street mainly does starters and alternators. He doesn't do any other auto-electrical work.
    Alternatives would be Christy Madden (Eastlink business Park....behind the now closed O'Mara Toyota Dealers) or John O'Shea (Dock Road....waaayy in behind Mid-West Tyres).

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

Hi guys,
    tks for the replies.
    i don't need to anything at the moment, but have got few bits done there before and found him very good...hope he is not closed for good..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Just as an update to this.
    I was talking to a chap who lives across the road from Des's place. He is pretty sure that he is gone abroad to visit his son and should be back within a week or so. He told me that Des never puts a note on the door or anything..........if he's open, he's open :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

tks for the reply.
    the place is closed still anyways,,,hopefully its just holidays he is on anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

out sick,,hoping to be back in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Heard that he's retired and the place is closed, he had a by pass done during the summer.

Neighbour of mine was saying that the chap who used to work for him has opened his own place from the back of his house in the area behind United Drug and that Des is own nephew has opened his own place up out near Slater's garage in Thomandgate.

Given that it's coming on 36 years since he did this to Real Madrid, surely the man's got to have at least one eye on retirement by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Slightly off topic

I got a dash cam for Xmas which is powered via the 12v plug (cigarette lighter). Is there anyone in town who'd wire it via the ignition, somewhere that wouldn't charge an arm or leg for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭orm0nd

phog wrote: »
    Slightly off topic

I got a dash cam for Xmas which is powered via the 12v plug (cigarette lighter). Is there anyone in town who'd wire it via the ignition, somewhere that wouldn't charge an arm or leg for it.

maybe christy madden,

think it's eastlink business park

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

phog wrote: »
    Slightly off topic

Try the man behind the shamrock Chinese on the Ennis road.
    Went to him a few times and found him to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Off topic as well but anyone know where I can get my leaky shock absorbers fixed/changed for the NCT. I haven't had the best luck with mechanics in Limerick. They always seem to overcharge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

panda100 wrote: »
    Off topic as well but anyone know where I can get my leaky shock absorbers fixed/changed for the NCT. I haven't had the best luck with mechanics in Limerick. They always seem to overcharge me.

Give Brendan Butler a shout, have used him for a few years now and find his work top notch. He's located in the park area just off the Dublin road on the road which runs behind Musgraves and David Meades place.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Appears to be open again, was open this morning and another day last week when I passed garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

panda100 wrote: »

Hi is it front or back shock as it makes a difference price wise regarding labour,

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colmmcgettrick

Just thought I would add a reply to the original question, I just dropped into him for some advice,
    and he said himself, that the best time to catch him at present would be in the morning.

All the best

C

Advertisement