Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dentist castletroy limerick

Options
  • 25-11-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

need to go to a dentist for an NCT on my teeth, might need a few crowns even,

Who would you all recommend in Castletroy Limerick.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Ruth Murphy is very good on the dublin road

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

I second Ruth Murphy. Great dentist and plenty of parking etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Iarlaith Killian Across from Rios chipper.

He cured my fear of dentists.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

+1 for Iarlaith, cured a friends 30 year long fear of dentists aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

+1 for Iarlaith, been there a few times and always found him very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Ruth Murphy is very good.

BTW Crowns (especially multiple ones) will cost you a lot no matter where you go. If the work isn't urgent and you can wait a few months I'd recommend looking at getting dental insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Ruth Murphys practice has nice dentists working and i find the office helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Another + for Iarlaith. Ruth Murphy is good too, but very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but could anyone tell me Iarlaith Killian's opening hours? Been ringing all day to make an appointment and no answer. Heading away for 2 weeks on Saturday so its kind of urgent. No work may need to be done but its precautionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Colemania wrote: »
    Apologies for bringing up an old thread but could anyone tell me Iarlaith Killian's opening hours? Been ringing all day to make an appointment and no answer. Heading away for 2 weeks on Saturday so its kind of urgent. No work may need to be done but its precautionary.

He was on holidays the week before last and had an answering machine message saying so. If you aren't getting that he is probably back and just busy due to the back log.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Can someone tell me how much that dentist charges for a visit? I am scared beyond belief of dentists but I need to go soon so he sounds like he's just what I'm looking for.

Can someone tell me how much that dentist charges for a visit? I am scared beyond belief of dentists but I need to go soon so he sounds like he's just what I'm looking for.

Horrified to say i haven't been at one in about 15 years! Had a fear of them when I was in primary school and then just didn't feel the need to go! Found a bit of my tooth in my toast at the weekend so just making sure everything's ok before I head off for 2 weeks. Sounds like a very good dentist alright

Jofspring wrote: »
    He was on holidays the week before last and had an answering machine message saying so. If you aren't getting that he is probably back and just busy due to the back log.

Would you recommend anyone else? Can't really afford to wait longer than a week but not in pain or anything so its not an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Would you recommend anyone else? Can't really afford to wait longer than a week but not in pain or anything so its not an emergency.

Abbey Dental in Dooradoyle are very good.

In town then you have Eamonn Noonans on Ellen St which have a very good reputation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Horrified to say i haven't been at one in about 15 years! Had a fear of them when I was in primary school and then just didn't feel the need to go! Found a bit of my tooth in my toast at the weekend so just making sure everything's ok before I head off for 2 weeks. Sounds like a very good dentist alright

Its 19 years since i was at one due to a horrible experience when I was younger. I always take care of them but I cracked one over the weekend and is very sore now. That guy sounds like exactly what I need.

Just an update. Iarlaith Killian is booked up all week and probably most of next week. Eamonn Noonan seems very good alright, the guy from toothache.ie. Might try him

Had my checkup with Dr Killian a few weeks back and has a filling and a clean/polish done this week. Very nice guy and i think i may have overestimated my fear of dentists! :)

The checkup, which included an xray of my teeth, cost 95 and 1 filling plus the cleaning/polishing cost 155. A bit steep no?

Advertisement