Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Work Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭iMac_Hunt

Hey Everyone,

When applying to Vistakon or Stryker, is there an application online or do you just hand your CV in to reception?

For Stryker, they have an online application for certain higher up jobs but for the general operatives positions you drop in a cv. Vistakon has all its positions advertised on their website jnj.com but you can just drop one in to reception too

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mdwan

Hi, I'm working in a hospital in Dublin Grade IV admin, anybody in Limerick/Mid West region out there who wants to move to Dublin ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Can anyone share if it's a good place to work? What are the people like, what's the dress code, atmosphere, etc. Will be grateful for all replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I've a few friends working there. It really depends on the department. Some of those love it... more of them (mainly in Customer Services... HATE it) but if you give me a dept. I can try get you more info! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

has anyone that applied for hmv heard back I sent off my cv via email and received an application form to send off

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

has anyone that applied for hmv heard back I sent off my cv via email and received an application form to send off

i got the same thing.. but i had to fight with them as they seem to write off people from the start...

one of users of that mail told me that they've received around 3000 applications for that job...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Erper wrote: »
    i got the same thing.. but i had to fight with them as they seem to write off people from the start...

one of users of that mail told me that they've received around 3000 applications for that job...

I wouldn't be surprised, been nothing going lately

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

TheGunns wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised, been nothing going lately

well, actually i got 2 mails, first one saying "sorry" ..

after small argument they send me second mail with application...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Got application sent after i sent CV, heard nothing since..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone know why Holland and Barrett are advertising the same job from a couple of months ago again? Applied and didn't get it but it says they keep you on record for 6 months so not sure why it's being put up again and if I should just reapply

Is it a horrible place to work or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If there's one thing I learned over the years TheGunns companies rarely keep CVs on file and if they do they must never go looking at them again.

Apply again. No harm in trying. Nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 surs

have applied for 8 jobs bridge positions recently , & got 1 interview & then none from the others . not really worth , extra 50 euros .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

surs wrote: »
    have applied for 8 jobs bridge positions recently , & got 1 interview & then none from the others . not really worth , extra 50 euros .

I have applied for a couple of job bridge roles, in one place I was taken in for a days trial ( it was a piece of urine ) but never heard from them again

Heard later they had a different person in each day for 2 weeks...
    some nice free labour there

just got an email to say they will be doing the interviews for the sales asoicaties and will be in contact with in the next two weeks :)

just got an email to say they will be doing the interviews for the sales asoicaties and will be in contact with in the next two weeks :)

For which? :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    For which? :)

sales assistants job

sales assistants job

With who though :)

Eventually got myself a job after nearly a year and the company is still hiring! As i said before, get your CVs into Stryker folks.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    With who though :)
    hmv lol read my top heading :P ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Can someone tell me how to get an application for hmv or stryker?

Altho I applied to stryker about 2 months ago and they just said they,d keep my application on file (ya right)

hmv lol read my top heading :P ;)

Wouldnt load on phone sorry :p
    Checkin my own email woulda been helpfull too :L

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

shaaane wrote: »
    Eventually got myself a job after nearly a year and the company is still hiring! As i said before, get your CVs into Stryker folks.

Congrats shaane,

Do you mine me asking if you applied for a specific position or just emailed in a general cv.
    Thanks

timbertime wrote: »
    Congrats shaane,

Do you mine me asking if you applied for a specific position or just emailed in a general cv.
    Thanks

Cheers. I handed it in to reception in the factory itself and had it addressed to HR. Didnt apply for anything specific. No cover letter or anything. I don't think there's any email application as the jobs aren't exactly advertised. Word of mouth type of thing. You should drop one in anyway.

As for the company holding your CV on file for 12 months, this is all true as I was called to do a second aptitude out of the blue after getting refused after the first test in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Lucky! I got an email saying I was unsuccessful a couple of weeks ago even though I have more experience than what they're looking for and could have certainly proved myself in an interview. Would sacrifice a limb to work in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

I see Irish Water are to open a regional office in Limerick - anyone got any more information on how to apply for the jobs there (if any)?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭xgwishyx

See here for info - http://www.water.ie/about-us/jobs/ - best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

xgwishyx wrote: »
    See here for info - http://www.water.ie/about-us/jobs/ - best of luck :)

Thanks for that - couldn't for the life of me find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Getting a bit downhearted with this lack of jobs thing, even the internships you have to be qualified to do the job even before you get a chance to do the internship :eek:

It has only been 7 months but I don't know how people manage to keep sane after being out of work for years...I would go off my rocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

campo wrote: »
    Getting a bit downhearted with this lack of jobs thing, even the internships you have to be qualified to do the job even before you get a chance to do the internship :eek:

It has only been 7 months but I don't know how people manage to keep sane after being out of work for years...I would go off my rocker

It's very tough out there at the moment campo, but keep applying for jobs, don't lose faith, I was made redundant a four years ago, out of work for a full year, then a fas scheme, then a part time job in a kitchen, after six months promoted to manager.

It was very hard road but if you keep plugging away and are prepared to take anything you will get something. I know its easier for me to say now, but trust me I have been there and it's not fun.

Advertisement