Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Limerick came out with a statement that following open trials for the league of ireland u17 team,(which there was serious talent at)they were not picking any players who went for trials only players that play with Limerick u15 and u16 team and no player in the future would be looked at unless he played for Limerick up along thus trying to force or even blackmail young players into signing for Limerick fc at u15s/u16s and sweeping all before them domestically,don't think they will be too popular in the district county or desmond leagues but Pat and his muppets know best.
    Regardless of any LOI U17 Team, if you saw the young lads who play on the U15 & U16 team you'd be put off playing for them. I see some of their posts on Facebook through other friends liking their statuses and it's very immature. They spend a lot of their time putting up photos of them playing in matches and the commenting on each others photos saying "Slick" and "Swag".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Regardless of any LOI U17 Team, if you saw the young lads who play on the U15 & U16 team you'd be put off playing for them. I see some of their posts on Facebook through other friends liking their statuses and it's very immature. They spend a lot of their time putting up photos of them playing in matches and the commenting on each others photos saying "Slick" and "Swag".

Ah they are kids. I see kids from loads of clubs doing it. It's #cool

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Shamrock Rovers 4-1 Limerick

(Turner)

We started well and Robbie Williams hit the crossbar with a header after about 10 minutes, but Rovers started closing us down and had the better of the game after that. They scored a cracker after about 25 minutes, and another from a header about 10 minutes into the second half.

We pulled one back when Turner followed up a Dean Clarke shot that the keeper spilled, but gave away a very soft 3rd. Clarke missed a great chance to make a game of it again after Faherty put him through in front of goal, and finally Rovers scored a wonderful team goal for a 4th.

Next game: Home versus Sligo on Saturday, August 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Next game: Home versus Sligo on Saturday, August 1st.[/QUOTE]

With all the crack on the field and the messing with the underage off the field id say there will be 400 at this match.

There has been a good bit of movement from Limerick in the past few days.

So in so far:

Ali Abass
    Prince Agyemang
    Freddie Hall
    Patrick Kanyuka
    Shaun Kelly
    Cyril Guedje
    Lee Lynch

Out:
    Conor O Donnell
    Jason Hughes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Quick one guys.

I bought a Limerick FC jersey online on July 10th, and still haven't received it.

When I ordered it, a guy rang me to say there would be a delay with it.

I have his surname but won't give it out here! I'm not lambasting them either by the way, just a question someone might be able to help with.

I emailed them (info@iqprint.ie) last week for an update but still no reply.

That email is the one I got when I completed the paypal purchase.

I'm aware it could be down to people on holidays and the likes, so that's fair enough, but just wondering is there an alternate contact someone might have?

Just to ease my mind? :)

Are you heading to the match tonight by any chance?

The guy running the shop up there is the same guy you would have been talking to on the phone. Might be easier to get an idea from him face to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

Too late to save our season I feel, but it's good to get the win tonight

Limerick 3-2 Sligo

(Faherty x 2, Clarke)

Limerick two up at half time against the worst Premier PLOI team I've ever seen. Sligo were abysmal and we took advantage with two Faherty goals, the first a quality shot, the second a defelcted header.

Sligo got their act together somewhat in the second half, and casued us more problems. It was 2-1 when Dean Clarke's blocked shot ended up looping over the keeper to make it 3-1. Despite a Sligo goal we held on for our first win of the season. Probably too little too late, but still enjoyable.

Next game: Home to Bohemians, Saturday August 8th.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Are you heading to the match tonight by any chance?

The guy running the shop up there is the same guy you would have been talking to on the phone. Might be easier to get an idea from him face to face.

No. I rarely if ever get the chance to go to games. In Dublin, and also do some part time work most weekends, which always seems to clash with home games.

Kennedy was the surname of the guy I spoke to. I would have deleted all my call logs on the phone so don't have his number.

Anyone on here know him? I don't want to hound him though!

• Advertisement

Don't know him personally but do know who he is. He wasn't actually in the shop last night which was unusual. I'll see if I can put word out and find out the story.

Don't know him personally but do know who he is. He wasn't actually in the shop last night which was unusual. I'll see if I can put word out and find out the story.

Yerra he could be on holidays

I wouldn't want to be in a rush! Emailed , tweeted and Facebook messaged them and no reply!:)
    If ye see yer man about ask him to check his mail ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Without invading anyone's personal lives, am I the only one from the Desmond League? I get the impression that all of you are District League people (That is the name of the city league isn't it?).

Well I myself would be district league but a lot of the lads discussing Limerick FC on here and other forums are from all over the city and county.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I played a Desmond League game once, years ago. Saved a penalty too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Without invading anyone's personal lives, am I the only one from the Desmond League? I get the impression that all of you are District League people (That is the name of the city league isn't it?).

I'm from out west too, only ever played in the Desmond League.

Limerick 4-3 Bohemians

(Faherty, Russell, Lynch, Tracy penalty).

A truly incedible night at The Markets Field. Limerick went ahead through a brilliant Faherty header, but Bohs equalised from a free header in the box. 1-1 at half-time, and fairly level.
    We had Kanyuka sent off for a professional foul, and Bohs scored the resulting penalty to make it 2-1 - we looked dead and buried, for the game and season. Then substitute Sean Russell scores a belter from 25 yards and we're back in it. Lee Lynch loses possession on the halfway line, Bohs quickly engineer and score a 1 on 1 with the keeper - despair again. Then Lynch controls a headed clearance from a corner and fires into the roof of the net from the edge of the area to make it 3-3.

Finally, Dean Clarke, who had destroyed the right full all night, tore past him yet again and was taken down for a penalty. Tracy scored, although I think it hit the post, came out and hit the back of the keeper, and went over the line.

We held on for the final few minutes. Amazing scenes. Genuinely, as a fan of more than 25 years, I think I've rarely seen as exciting a game and finish.

Next game: away to Cork, Friday, August 14th.

This is followed just 3 days later by:

Home to Longford, Monday August 17th, and note the 7.45 kickoff.

What a win! What a win! Sensational scenes! Unbelievable performance from the entire team, and the comeback was just class. It did not look on at 2-1 down with 10 men, but it was really impressive.

Faherty's goal was a great, thumping header. But Akinade was causing us problems, and Mayuka's red card was deserved, if stupid. And then we were 2-1 down... I thought it was over. When Russell brought on his son, I was not happy, thought it was a mad substitution- Paul O'Conor is not a centre-back. But both played really well, O'Conor put his body on the line time after time and Russell had his best game for us since signing.

What a hit from Russell! But then, Duggan had a shot, ball dropped to Clarke, who was clearly fouled in the box. Ref didn't give it and Bohs literally went down the other end and scored. Again, I thought that was a killer blow. After going to the effort of getting level and momentum with us, I thought that would destroy their confidence.

Fair play to him, Clarke ran his heart out, he was class. Russell got into challenge he never would have before, Duggan was picking up all the loose balls, Lynch was playing some lovely passes, Tracy was making great runs, Williams & O'Conor were heroic. Then Lynch's finish was superb, then Clarke won the penalty after Russell's pass. Might have been outside, but after the other one, we deserved it.

And to hold on, unbelievable. Fair play to them. 4 points off safety now. I don't know if they will do it, but they've given themselves a chance. Away to Cork next week, hard to see a result, especially without Mayuka but I'm sure they'll give it everything.

A pleasure to be there, unbelievable match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Fireball07 wrote: »
    What a win! What a win! Sensational scenes! Unbelievable performance from the entire team, and the comeback was just class. It did not look on at 2-1 down with 10 men, but it was really impressive.

Faherty's goal was a great, thumping header. But Akinade was causing us problems, and Mayuka's red card was deserved, if stupid. And then we were 2-1 down... I thought it was over. When Russell brought on his son, I was not happy, thought it was a mad substitution- Paul O'Conor is not a centre-back. But both played really well, O'Conor put his body on the line time after time and Russell had his best game for us since signing.

What a hit from Russell! But then, Duggan had a shot, ball dropped to Clarke, who was clearly fouled in the box. Ref didn't give it and Bohs literally went down the other end and scored. Again, I thought that was a killer blow. After going to the effort of getting level and momentum with us, I thought that would destroy their confidence.

Fair play to him, Clarke ran his heart out, he was class. Russell got into challenge he never would have before, Duggan was picking up all the loose balls, Lynch was playing some lovely passes, Tracy was making great runs, Williams & O'Conor were heroic. Then Lynch's finish was superb, then Clarke won the penalty after Russell's pass. Might have been outside, but after the other one, we deserved it.

And to hold on, unbelievable. Fair play to them. 4 points off safety now. I don't know if they will do it, but they've given themselves a chance. Away to Cork next week, hard to see a result, especially without Mayuka but I'm sure they'll give it everything.

A pleasure to be there, unbelievable match.

I'd make that 5 given Sligo's vastly superior goal difference.

The home game v Longford is one they should certainly be targetting all 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

kilburn wrote:
    Total dose if I don't do it before work I struggle to fit it in at night pro ably with the morning session is your starving and have no energy.

Are we looking at a great escape staying up by winning the play off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

How many games left guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

How many games left guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I'd fancy whatever Premier team makes the playoff tbh. UCD are the only First Division side I'd be particularly wary of. Still plenty of work on if we're to finish 11th though so I won't be getting carried away yet! :)

30 points on offer is a lot up for grabs. Mickey Adams has taken over Sligo though so he should make them a bit more resilient. Going into this weekend you'd imagine we will lose to Cork so fingers crossed Sligo do the same. Monday night then we have Longford. That is most likely our next target for 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

30 points on offer is a lot up for grabs. Mickey Adams has taken over Sligo though so he should make them a bit more resilient. Going into this weekend you'd imagine we will lose to Cork so fingers crossed Sligo do the same. Monday night then we have Longford. That is most likely our next target for 3 points.

I think a draw against Cork is achievable. Hopefully the conditions are poor, gives us the better chance of a result imo.

We absolutely need to tighten up our defence. We are still leaking goals (5 in the last 2 games) but finally have something about us in attack.

The high scoring games are thrilling (when we win) but we won't score 3 or 4 every game.

Kanyuka and Kelly suspended for cork game

Kanyuka and Kelly suspended for cork game

Is his name Kanyuka?

I've been calling him Mayuka; I feel like an awful eejit now :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Limerick beat Cork 2-3. Pity is Sligo also won.

Great result, shows what confidence can do.

Advertisement