Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New items never used

Options
  • 30-05-2020 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am just doing a clear out of my old house.
    I have came across two pairs of shoes never worn with the price tag still on. Similarly, I have found a few shirts and other pieces of clothing never open from its packaging. These were pricy enough, both pairs of shoes over 100 E. And the clothes were 45 E upwards

Realistically I am never going to wear them. Do you have any recommendations of what I should do with them? In an ideal world I’d like to get some money but nevertheless will ultimately be happy giving them away to a charity or someone who actually needs them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I don't know your gender, I give all my good stuff to a local women's refuge. That might be an option? Or one of the organisations that helps people get back to work by providing appropriate clothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

I done a clear out myself a while ago and place all the clothes in a clothes bank. There's plenty around but if you want to sell them on then Advets and Done Deal are great. I use both sites to advertise anything I don't want and never had an issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you see people selling clothes on facebook marketplace all the time. join a local group and advertise.

id say you will bet time wasters and low ball offers etc, but if you have the time and dont mind answering all the queries etc. you will get a few bob back.

i got my teenager to do the hard work by giving her 50% cut of whatever we received, in return for taking the pics, posting and handling the whole thing. It was educational for her and i got the price of a couple of coffees back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

I’d give them away to someone who might need them. You seem well off enough to not need the cash so it’d be a nice gesture to let someone less fortunate have something decent to wear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement