Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package received by mistake

Options
  • 17-05-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all, recently ordered car part from uk, seller sent to PBI courier service, which sent to dpd and received item today, PBI must of made mistake because i got another package that i didnt order.

I cant find return address or any names of who it was supposed to go to.

Tried contacting PBI but couldn't get talking to anyone that knows what to do.

Thanks in advance for advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Presuming the seller put your name amd address on the wrong box, then the seller made the mistake and is responsible for getting the parts you ordered delivered. The courier delivered a parcel to the address on the label, courier can't really do anything about the contents being incorrect, contact the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Passataudi

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Presuming the seller put your name amd address on the wrong box, then the seller made the mistake and is responsible for getting the parts you ordered delivered. The courier delivered a parcel to the address on the label, courier can't really do anything about the contents being incorrect, contact the seller.

Hi, seller is unknown, only bar codes on package. Mistake was made in pitny bowes ebay global shipping company. Tried to contact them to let them know of their mistake but id be better talking to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Passataudi wrote: »
    Hi, seller is unknown, only bar codes on package. Mistake was made in pitny bowes ebay global shipping company. Tried to contact them to let them know of their mistake but id be better talking to myself

Contact UK seller, I presume they arranged shipping with PB ?

You haven't received what you ordered, down to seller to chase it up with PB or replace order.

Contact UK seller, I presume they arranged shipping with PB ?

You haven't received what you ordered, down to seller to chase it up with PB or replace order.

I received my item i ordered from seller. The seller doesnt know anything about other item. PB made mistake

Box 1: The item you ordered and paid for
    Box 2: A random, unmarked box from some random seller that you have no idea about

Is this correct?

Looks like the courier (DPD) dropped off an extra box by mistake. So, either they'll realise the error when their manifest shows they're short a box and they'll contact everyone on the list for that van (which sounds like a nightmare) or else they'll claim ignorance and the other person will be left short/open a dispute with their seller.

If it was me, I'd open it. You might get a phone number for the buyer, but at the very least you'd get a company name and an invoice/receipt with an order number so they can trace who it belongs to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

If all else fails, I'd open it too. Documents inside will probably have contact details for the real buyer.

I know that if it was me who was missing the item, I'd prefer if somebody did this rather than sending it back to a company that doesn't want to know or throwing it in the bin or whatever. Getting an item I'd bought and paid for would mean much more to me than any spurious privacy or GDPR concerns over somebody seeing my address that they can get from the electoral register anyway, or phone number that's already online in various places such as website of the sports club I'm involved with and parents council of the local school.

If all else fails, I'd open it too. Documents inside will probably have contact details for the real buyer.

I know that if it was me who was missing the item, I'd prefer if somebody did this rather than sending it back to a company that doesn't want to know or throwing it in the bin or whatever. Getting an item I'd bought and paid for would mean much more to me than any spurious privacy or GDPR concerns over somebody seeing my address that they can get from the electoral register anyway, or phone number that's already online in various places such as website of the sports club I'm involved with and parents council of the local school.

Hi, have opened up no sales document's or invoice as i would expect, rang dpd they delivered correctly as it was a mistake in PB courier in the UK.

I just feel sorry for person waiting on his parcel as it doesn't seem to be cheap item.

I cant understand how there no sales invoice or anything.

There was no names on box untill dpd label went on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

This happened to me before with Pitney Bowes. I received my order and a week later an other persons order. It’s generally the mistake of the seller and not Pitney Bowes because the virtual address looks similar. All Pitney Bowes/EBay will tell you to do is keep the item. In my case the person was actually here on boards.ie and through contacting an post, sending package free post to the gpo they got the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I received my item i ordered from seller. The seller doesnt know anything about other item. XXXX made mistake

You know all the theads you see here, that XXX courier "lost my parcel", well now you know were at least one of them went.

You know all the theads you see here, that XXX courier "lost my parcel", well now you know were at least one of them went.

👠i = thumbs up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Hi, have opened up no sales document's or invoice as i would expect, rang dpd they delivered correctly as it was a mistake in PB courier in the UK.

I just feel sorry for person waiting on his parcel as it doesn't seem to be cheap item.

I cant understand how there no sales invoice or anything.

There was no names on box untill dpd label went on it.

Well, I'm just glad that somebody somewhere took my advice. Because I'm usually ignored in my own house. :D

Suppose if it was an eBay item, it could have been sold by an ordinary person rather than a shop or a business, so they'd be less inclined to print off any sort of sales docket or receipt or whatever. Received an item myself a few days ago that was bought from a private seller, and it was just the item itself in the package - no documents of any sort.

Anyway, just going to ask, because I know probably everybody is curious - what was the item anyway?

Just an update, still have not been able to get in touch with anyone that can answer me. Im just going to have to keep it here safe untill someone contacts me about it.

Made about 5 phone calls to couriers each saying ring this other courier and ring this company snd that company so i just got fed up.

Seems courier services dont care or its to much work for them to follow it up

Does anybody know How long before i can claim it mine as i dont want to get into bother using it, also i tried contacting ebay and Pitney Bowes but they are useless in dealing with missing packages and said ring me back within 3 working days but thats 3 weeks now

Does anybody know How long before i can claim it mine as i dont want to get into bother using it, also i tried contacting ebay and Pitney Bowes but they are useless in dealing with missing packages and said ring me back within 3 working days but thats 3 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I believe its 30 days after you notified them of the error, could be wrong though.

Still no update on this package

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

A year on? Forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What was the item?

Advertisement