Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come nobody knows north, south, east and west?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

Of course. And getting directions in Tyrone for somewhere in Donegal will involve telling you to head for the South in a Northerly direction.

I'm going to die laughing at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

When I was in the army rangers they taught us a simple method: catch a migratory bird (crow works best), cover its eyes with a small bird-size blindfold, spin it round so it's dizzy then toss it in the air. Whichever way it flies is true north.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha cracker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭Epic Eir Epic

I know this isn't really anything to do with N, S, E, W, but recently I'd a similar predicament with the gf.

One of the front lights on her car recently blew. I asked is it the inside one or the outside. She replied "it's on the front". I replied "is it the one nearer the ditch?". She said "yeah". I said "maybe it mightn't be so dangerous driving home so".

Later I realised it was in fact on the other side! Couldn't she have just asked "what do you mean by inside or outside"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Offside, or near side

Advertisement