Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Famous Irish Sports Star" being investigated for rape

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

jamesbere wrote: »
    Interesting how quick it's gotten out into the media, I mean the individual involved is probably only been questioned now about it.

Most likely still in bed after his weekend bender!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

canonball5 wrote: »
    I hope this woman will feel the full force of the courts if it is proved untrue.

There is a difference between not guity, and it not happening. Now if it was found that she made it all up, I will agree with you, and she should get the same sentence as her attacker would have got if he was guilty.

This should not just apply to this case, but all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

IMO, it takes some rare type of character to put themselves through a rape trial for ****s and giggles. All the alleged victim gets out of it is arseholes like George Hook talking sh*te and the court of public opinion, same for the accused.
    So I would suggest some might lean towards believing the victim as a natural because it would be some rare human goes through all of that genuinely believing they weren't raped.

:confused:
    Sorry, this just borders so close to IBelieveHer regardless of any due process or presumption of innocence that I cannot take it seriously. The presumption of innocence is not in ANY way qualified, regardless of what people might like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

seamus wrote: »
    Gardai have already picked him up. If it was a case of next-day regret I don't think they would be jumping on it quite so quickly.

I suppose they want to get his clothes and stuff for forensic examination. Check him for cuts, bruises. He might be a flight risk as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    There is a difference between not guity, and it not happening. Now if it was found that she made it all up, I will agree with you, and she should get the same sentence as her attacker would have got if he was guilty.

This should not just apply to this case, but all.

Quite honestly, it isn't always possible. Two people could engage in consensual sex and one of the parties could wake up the next morning and regret it.

Then is comes down to one persons word against another!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note Thread closed for various issues as outlined in the previous thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement