Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

George H W Bush has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Let's be honest here. He was an "idiot" look at who's in office now. Do you think it actually takes brains to get in office? You get in with a network of great connections. At least that how it is generally. Ronald Reagan a bloody actor got in. The US presidency is not massively hinged on intelligence, at least not in the last 35 years.

Intelligence mightn't be the barometer but you still need it to get the job.
    the average dope doesn't have the capacity to handle the job nor speak to the masses.

Just cos you don't like somebody or they jumble their words doesn't mean they aren't smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

yew_tree wrote: »
    Your implying I’m a racist which is a total lie...your twisting my argument. I also never called Bush a hero...I said enlisting in the military was brave because he didn’t have to. My point is Bish, Obama etc...there is no difference it’s US foreign policy.

Now run along...

Not twisting your words... you're the one calling the black man a bomber.... your excuses ring hollow... dunno if your post is racist, or ignorant of reality... but won't be engaging anymore with the likes of that, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Tried to have Reagan assassinated, only the hand of God could have saved him. If only he could have taken out Obama instead

Couldn't remember where he was when jfk was assassinated.

Glazers Out!

So the white man is a hero...the back man a bomber ....yes...that's all we need to know....as you were

You're the one who brown skin into it, you absolute mong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,692 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

paw patrol wrote:
    Intelligence mightn't be the barometer but you still need it to get the job. the average dope doesn't have the capacity to handle the job nor speak to the masses.

Where does trump lie in this average dopeness, and how good is he really, at addressing the masses?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

You're the one who brown skin into it, you absolute mong.

Racist and slagging off down syndrome....wow.... your post is an absolute joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Let's be honest here. He was an "idiot" look at who's in office now. Do you think it actually takes brains to get in office? You get in with a network of great connections. At least that how it is generally. Ronald Reagan a bloody actor got in. The US presidency is not massively hinged on intelligence, at least not in the last 35 years.

In all fairness Trump is getting stuff done in the background. North Korea was asked to come to the table nicely and when they didnt 200 of their scientist were killed in an "accident" and then they came to the table. Trade with China is being re-negotiated. All these little side shows like "pussy grabbing" and "call girls" are a distraction to the real business.

The only thing that confuses me is why no-one wants to get out of a worthless country like Afghanistan. It has been tried before by countless empires and military minds and failed. Technology is of no advantage in Afghanistan and the cost of extracting the wealth is too high. I was sort of hoping China/Saudi would more in there next

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Where does trump lie in this average dopeness, and how good is he really, at addressing the masses?

He is pretty good when addressing a room of his own supporters. Not so good at the serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭chrissb8

paw patrol wrote: »
    Intelligence mightn't be the barometer but you still need it to get the job.
    the average dope doesn't have the capacity to handle the job nor speak to the masses.

Just cos you don't like somebody or they jumble their words doesn't mean they aren't smart.

Par Obama do you think Bush & Trump have the capacity to be president? They're both supported and propped by much smarter people.

Generally it does mean if someone jumbles up their words they aren't all that smart.

Because smart people can form coherent sentences, arguments with logic and elequence. Not continuously contradict themselves on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Vicxas wrote: »
    George H.W Bush - "He wasn't the worst"

What an epitaph.

Owing to the fact that he only served one term, it could be argued that he was only half as bad as the next three presidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah pinko.

I wonder will it be unprecedented that a sitting President not only doesnt eulogise a former one, but is banned altogether from the Funeral. Betcha Obama speaks

Trump would only eulogise himself.

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Trump doesnt have the charm or grace of Regan, Clinton or Obama. But he has a history of getting results in adverse conditions. He doesnt always succeed (no business man ever does) but he does come out on top more often than not.

He is a fantastic strategist (Beat Clinton with half of the money and without media backing or the old guard of the Republicans). He realised what he could and couldnt win and focused on the place he could win. He will put in place a new infrastructure project in his next term.

My favourite thing he did was get rid of that traitor John Brennan, publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,692 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Trump doesnt have the charm or grace of Regan, Clinton or Obama. But he has a history of getting results in adverse conditions. He doesnt always succeed (no business man ever does) but he does come out on top more often than not......

Fcuking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wonder did HW know who really knocked off JFK ?

mickdw wrote: »
    He is pretty good when addressing a room of his own supporters. Not so good at the serious stuff.

Because you do not see the serious stuff doesnt mean its not happening in the background. If you want to read the paper start to read at page 6&7 on the inside columns. That is where the good stories are hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭dasdog

He was actually a decent US president, probably the best since Nixon. Can't forgive him for going after Saddam though. The British drew map lines in the Middle East after World War One and the American oil companies shafted them. Shame on both.

olRzbkQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

paw patrol wrote: »
    that "idiot" was US president twice...what have you achieved?

Twice ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Trump doesnt have the charm or grace of Regan, Clinton or Obama. But he has a history of getting results in adverse conditions. He doesnt always succeed (no business man ever does) but he does come out on top more often than not.

He is a fantastic strategist (Beat Clinton with half of the money and without media backing or the old guard of the Republicans). He realised what he could and couldnt win and focused on the place he could win. He will put in place a new infrastructure project in his next term.

My favourite thing he did was get rid of that traitor John Brennan, publicly.

You mean overwhelming media support...
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/13896916/1/donald-trump-rode-5-billion-in-free-media-to-the-white-house.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trumps-empty-podium-gets-30-minutes-of-airtime

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Exactly. He had so much more to give.

Terrible when young men are cut down in their prime.

Dat you Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

The fathers war was not the son’s war.

That’s not the G W Bush saw it:

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/27/bush.war.talk/

• Advertisement

fxotoole wrote: »

"Dubya" did his bit on the homefront. Without him the hookers, weed, cocaine and whiskey trades would all have dried up. Heck I turned up more times for FCA training and never got a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

nullzero wrote: »
    Couldn't remember where he was when jfk was assassinated.

So you're saying George Bush snr killed Kennedy?
    Mind is blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Mind is blown.

It all makes sense now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

No US president leaves a perfect legacy. They've all got blood on their hands, they've all made bad decisions and corrupt decisions. Choirboys don't make it to the Oval Office. Having said that, it's hard not to wonder what on earth has happened to the USA. Bush Snr mightn't have been the best president they ever had but he's certainly not their worst. That accolade has to go to that orange ignoramus who's in there now. When he dies (not soon enough in my book) people will want to go to his funeral to make sure he's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I wonder how he felt about Ross Perot.

Perot split enough of his vote in 1992 to hand the election to Bill Clinton.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Mind is blown.

Yeah that's a verbatim quote of what I said. My mind is blown.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

So was his...

rossie1977 wrote: »

nope the Mass media were against him from the onset. He turned that disadvantage to his advantage. That is the general I would rather serve under. Trump didnt have the Republican party behind him the way that the Democrats rallied around Hillary after Bernie Sanders tanked. Paul Ryan, the Bushs, Newt Gingritch, Mitt Romney never rallied around Trump.

They made fun of Donal Trump from start to finish. When I feel a little blue all I have to do is to take a look at "The Young Turks" on Election night. That is poetry in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Not twisting your words... you're the one calling the black man a bomber.... your excuses ring hollow... dunno if your post is racist, or ignorant of reality... but won't be engaging anymore with the likes of that, thank you

Ah here your a total nut job....I couldn’t care less what color anyone is...I never referenced race. Admins sort this tool out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

"Now, are there any questions? Keeping in mind that I already explained about my hair."

Advertisement