Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should a united Ireland join with an independent Scotland and create one country?

Options
  • 14-08-2018 11:59pm
    Site Banned Posts: 37

As above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In before the lock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

No, Isle of Man would feel left out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

For what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭xabi

Aye

In before the lock.

Too late for that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

How many more questions do you have for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,494 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In before the lock.

Loch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

He hasn't asked about arming AGS with M4's yet, I've a feeling that'll be a thread soon

• Site Banned Posts: 37 Jeff Devoy

In all seriousness, I have been creating these threads out of mere curiosity. I'm trying to get opinions for a potential 'New Ireland' is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Jeff Devoy wrote: »
    In all seriousness, I have been creating these threads out of mere curiosity. I'm trying to get opinions for a potential 'New Ireland' is all.

Politics forum is this way, you'll like it there

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1728

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Doncha mean 'Scoireland'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

OP who keeps starting multiple threads with "should xxx"? Haven't we had one of those before?

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Doncha mean 'Scoireland'

doucheville

• Site Banned Posts: 37 Jeff Devoy

It could provide an alternative to the federal system in the other thread. A huge unitary country with its capital in Glasgow. We are so very similar and the Presbyterian unionists in the north couldn't complain:D:D:D.

The Isle of Man might even be thrown into the deal;).

It could provide an alternative to the federal system in the other thread. A huge unitary country with its capital in Glasgow. We are so very similar and the Presbyterian unionists in the north couldn't complain:D:D:D.

The Isle of Man might even be thrown into the deal;).

Or they can f**k off and run their own country

For what?

for the North Sea oil, its the jewel in the crown of the UK.

In my opinion there was no way that the oil would be given away by the stroke of a pen.

10675750_10201704719619752_5558463778235363836_n.jpg

*The Better Together campaign, was funded and paid for by the British Tax Payer. The Yes Scotland campaign - was privately funded by individual donations (mainly The Weir Trust)*

From Wiki:
    The Weir Group plc is an engineering company headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. The company operates in over 70 countries employing approximately 14,000 people focused on mining, oil and gas and power markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,674 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No. The Scots have self-esteem ('cos they invented like, everything), and ye don't. It would be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Maybe we could invite England and Wales into the fold and create some sort of union.

Maybe we could invite England and Wales into the fold and create some sort of union.

:) I do realise that there would be a snowflake's chance in an industrial furnace of such a union ever to happen. (Ireland & Scotland)

There is a real chance of a bridge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,494 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

:) I do realise that there would be a snowflake's chance in an industrial furnace of such a union ever to happen. (Ireland & Scotland)

It happened before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A1l_Riata

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

xabi wrote: »
    Aye

Ack aye, tabby sure.

thanks, I was aware of this, and it reminds me of a thought I had some years ago.

There is a town in Scotland called Fortingall which is famous for 2 things.

The oldest tree in the world grows there, and it is the legendary birthplace of Puntious Pilate. Pilate's father was a Roman legionnaire who was stationed at Hadrians Wall. And as far as I remember reading, he married a lady from the Glens of Antrim.

After watching Monty Python's The Life of Brian, a thought struck me. The character in the film playing Puntious, could not pronounce his 'r's.

Could this be that he was originally named Proinsias?

• Registered Users Posts: 66,859 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No. The Scots have self-esteem ('cos they invented like, everything), and ye don't. It would be a disaster.

Self esteem? If they had any of that they would be independent.
    Sold themselves off to pay a debt. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

thanks, I was aware of this, and it reminds me of a thought I had some years ago.

There is a town in Scotland called Fortingall which is famous for 2 things.

The oldest tree in the world grows there, and it is the legendary birthplace of Puntious Pilate. Pilate's father was a Roman legionnaire who was stationed at Harridans Wall. And as far as I remember reading, he married a lady from the Glens of Antrim.

After watching Monty Python's The Life of Brian, a thought struck me. The character in the film playing Puntious, could not pronounce his 'r's.

Could this be that he was originally named Proinsias?

Was that the guy who would sound like funny saying "watching wabbits wunnin akwoss the wunway"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Wait..... we're burning the snowflakes now?
    I know they're soft-headed lazy bastards, but isn't this just a tad extreme?

I just had a look at the Monty Python sketch, it was Ceasar that couldn't pronounce his 'r's. There goes that theory!

Unless of course, that the some of the Bible's texts had been written on the first hand account of Caesar who couldn't pronounce Pilates name correctly.

Yes. Preferably with blu tack as opposed to sellotape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

For what?

Celtic hegemony

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

I've got a bit of a plan lads.
    How about If we get Portugal and Galicia to reunite again and then with ourselves and the Scots, we could form some sort of Atlantic Archipelago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Lovely place that Scotland. I love visiting - esp the highlands and islands.

Joining it with another country however in 2018 would make Brexit look like simple sodoku.

Forget that dream and find a new one OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement