Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies do you know and should we let you know?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

doozerie wrote: »
    I've seen some awfully traumatic things in my many years of commuting.
    Not to be that guy, but I don't think anything can beat my commute behind the guy with the "livestrong" shorts that were torn.

Along the crack.

Tore the arse out of a pair shorts not so long ago hopping a gate for a toilet break, thought I'd be grand as I was on quiet roads and only 1km then through town to home.

I'd say every car that passed me beeped, they snagged on the right side so it was only a half moon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cycling though Ranelagh one day I had to stop and tell a poor girl on the footpath that her skirt was caught on her bag at the back... Any given day in the gym there are more thongs, strings, french, commando etc on show than all my commutes combined so I can only assume its well known to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

seamus wrote: »
    Not to be that guy, but I don't think anything can beat my commute behind the guy with the "livestrong" shorts that were torn.

Along the crack.

When asked to comment, Livestrong said: "It's not about the crack!".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

doozerie wrote: »
    When asked to comment, Livestrong said: "It's not about the crack!".

Possibly the only drug he wasnt doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

A photo was passed around the newsroom years ago; every man nodded and said "Nice picture!" and every woman looked, looked again and hooted with laughter. It was one of the great Irish marathon runners, whose shorts had failed to contain his manliness. The men just hadn't noticed; it was the first thing the women saw: Face - feet - package - hoooot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭plodder

Rechuchote wrote: »
    A photo was passed around the newsroom years ago; every man nodded and said "Nice picture!" and every woman looked, looked again and hooted with laughter. It was one of the great Irish marathon runners, whose shorts had failed to contain his manliness. The men just hadn't noticed; it was the first thing the women saw: Face - feet - package - hoooot!
    The perils of split shorts ... :pac:

It reminds me of this case

GAA player awarded damages over photo of 'privates'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

marty whelan never sued. though he *knew*.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

No one looking at such photos would be looking for a penis and testicles, Mr Nolan said.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Today I saw 4 women on my journey and I didnt know whether to say anything or not. Their legging are completely transparent when cycling. I don't mean a little visibility but colour, pattern and label. Ladies do you know or would you like some heads up? If they were people I knew I would let the know but telling a stranger seem dangerous.

Practically, what could they do at that stage even if you told them?

Rechuchote wrote: »
    No one looking at such photos would be looking for a penis and testicles, Mr Nolan said.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well, with that sentence lodged firmly in my brain it's likely the *first* thing I'll be looking for in such photos from now on. Curse you, Mr Nolan!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

There is also *that* pic of Paul Scholes. I'm glad under armour is a thing now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lads do you know that your boxers have slipped down and your hairy crack is on show? Should we tell you as we ride past?

I get called on this all the time, embarrassed but glad it is said to me, I am no longer in my athletic prime (which wasn't all that athletic or prime when I was there) and it certainly is not a show anyone would go to see for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I used to regularly see (i.e. follow at close quarters) a minor TV personality ride along in leggings stretched to the point of transparency.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tel wrote: »
    I used to regularly see (i.e. follow at close quarters) a minor TV personality ride along in leggings stretched to the point of transparency.
    Please god let it be Jean Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Lori2018

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    As a regular commuter cyclist it is easy to spot the people who are trying out commuting by bicycle. Some have the latest gear or using other sports gear. Many women seem to use old leggings which makes sense I guess but there is a problem. Today I saw 4 women on my journey and I didnt know whether to say anything or not. Their legging are completely transparent when cycling. I don't mean a little visibility but colour, pattern and label. Ladies do you know or would you like some heads up? If they were people I knew I would let the know but telling a stranger seem dangerous.

Dangerous 😂😂 The fact you even considered the idea of saying something though.. more dangerous for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Lumen wrote: »
    Please god let it be Jean Byrne.

It wasn't but coincidentally the first four letters of her name are also J E A N

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

el tel wrote: »
    It wasn't but coincidentally the first four letters of her name are also J E A N

Umm.... was it Derek Davis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

work wrote: »
    1) I'd suggest keeping stump. The possible repercussions are scary.
    2) I Think these issues are rare but as already mentioned the male crack half out is a barbaric event leaving me somewhere between disgust and bewildered that they must know it is on view? I believe we should be allowed to use these cracks to dispose of things. The odd cigarette butt or coke can down there might teach them!

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/215700.html

Yours etc.,
    That guy.

• Advertisement

check_six wrote: »
    Umm.... was it Derek Davis?

if you want leggings stretched to the point of transparency, Derek's the man for the job.

...on that note, the mental imagery generated by this thread is ...traumatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Removed due to abusive comments via pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

seriously? that's just creepy and wrong

perhaps if you were to wear a cape it wouldn’t be weird

daragh_ wrote: »
    seriously? that's just creepy and wrong

The pic linked in the quote above?

It does raise an interesting question of privacy, since that person isn't really identifiable unless you happened to know someone with exactly that distinctive backpack.

If a part of your body were to be photographed with no possible identifying features for context, and uploaded to the public web for people to comment on, is it still an invasion of privacy?

Lumen wrote: »
    The pic linked in the quote above?

It does raise an interesting question of privacy, since that person isn't really identifiable unless you happened to know someone with exactly that distinctive backpack.

If a part of your body were to be photographed with no possible identifying features for context, and uploaded to the public web for people to comment on, is it still an invasion of privacy?

Yes - should have been more clear.

Not feeling particularly articulate at the moment (long day) but I think it's disturbing that someone would think it's ok to post that kind of pic of a stranger - particularly a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

daragh_ wrote:
    Not feeling particularly articulate at the moment (long day) but I think it's disturbing that someone would think it's ok to post that kind of pic of a stranger - particularly a woman.

Would it be less disturbing if it was a bloke?

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Would it be less disturbing if it was a bloke?

Difficult to say. Can you post some pictures of yourself in a thong and see-through tights so we can judge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its strange she does not have a skirt or a dress on. Maybe she is happy to show off like that, loves the wind on her legs and it was a beautiful day so maybe she was trying to get a natural tan as well. Surly if she was working or going to collage she would have had more than just them tight/leggings on if they are that see through.
    I seen a girl walking around town the other day and she had half her bottom on display as well. Heard something I have not heard and I am sure and her friends have not heard in a long time wolf whistles from a few horny young lads who also seen them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement