Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 McGregor V Alvarez

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

buried wrote: »
    7/2 for the 1st round

I'd split the difference, few bob on each as could go to 2(gut says 1st but hedge your fences :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Whats for the odds for the 1st?

13/5 on Padraig de Paor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Long way between me sobering up and the fight.

It might be bedtime.

Seriously.

We have beaten Austria away in a proper sport recognised all over the world, and there's a thread in AH about some Mickey Mouse sport made up in the last 20 years that appeals to 20 and 30 somethings because some Irish skanger is good at it?

God almighty if you have no interest then fair enough but do you really have to come into a thread about it to tell us?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

God almighty if you have no interest then fair enough but do you really have to come into a thread about it to tell us?? :confused:

Can't understand why people look down there nose and sneer wholesale at others interests on boards

**I haven't huge interest myself in it.....but am going to watch it and see what it's all about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Can't understand why people look down there nose and sneer wholesale at others interests on boards

**I haven't huge interest myself in it.....but am going to watch it and see what it's all about

AHhh, the interwebz... Were people try/want to be as hard as McGregor ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Can I stream this on Eir sports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Frankie Edgar, what a bloke!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Away From Home

Should be a good fight, McGregor could do with a slice or two of humble pie, he doesn't like cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

First round to Pennington.

Am I am the right thing with Madonna?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

+1 Tom. Enjoy it, Ive been addicted to this sport for three years now. They are unbelievable athletes, no matter what the haters and snobs spew out.
    Can I stream this on Eir sports?

Yes you can but I gave up a while back, it was cutting out, reloading, buffering and cutting out again every 2 or 3 minutes. Absolute shambles of a service. If you have a subscription to Eir broadband and a Sky box then go to the Eir website and set it up to get BT1 Sports. It is free and takes 5 minutes and then the UFC comes through on your TV on BT1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Muahahaha wrote: »
    +1 Tom. Enjoy it, Ive been addicted to this sport for three years now. They are unbelievable athletes, no matter what the haters and snobs spew out.

Yes you can but I gave up a while back, it was cutting out, reloading, buffering and cutting out again every 2 or 3 minutes. Absolute shambles of a service. If you have a subscription to Eir broadband and a Sky box then go to the Eir website and set it up to get BT1 Sports. It is free and takes 5 minutes and then the UFC comes through on your TV on BT1

It's on BT2;). :)

It is bad when the illegal streams are more reliable than the official one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Muahahaha wrote: »

It's on BT2;). :)

It is bad when the illegal streams are more reliable than the official one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I just placed my PP balance @ 8/13 on a McGreggor win.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I just placed my PP balance @ 8/13 on a McGreggor win.

How much?

How much?

€4.95;)

They're not bad odds. Mad to put a bet on now.

Also done McGreggor to win by KO in 2nd round @ 5/1

• Advertisement

They're not bad odds. Mad to put a bet on now.

€60 to win a possible €96. Not great really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

If your balance is only 4.95 I'm going with Alvarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What a day for Irish sport it would be if he wins.

Anyone know a decent source to watch it on from mobile?

What a day for Irish sport it would be if he wins.

Anyone know a decent source to watch it on from mobile?

Streamarena works great on the PC but I'd try Mobdro on mobile

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anybody still awake? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

NO sound on . I'm going back to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

I woke up at 5:10.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

I don't believe it . No sound on bt2 on mobdro . I'm going back to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    I don't believe it . No sound on bt2 on mobdro . I'm going back to bed

Yeah it's annoying, I'll do my own commentary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Can someone throw up the link to the fight for mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Yessss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Away From Home

McGregor against the russian next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well that was pretty one sided. Well done Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Oh well.

Great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The best ever.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Also done McGreggor to win by KO in 2nd round @ 5/1

Nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fair play to the guy and everything but I thought he was utterly classless in the aftermath of his victory, cursing like a sailor off the banana boat.

The guy has no class, he'd want to learn from some of the greats of boxing. A champ holds himself as a champion, not a common street thug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The GOAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Fair play to the guy and everything but I thought he was utterly classless in the aftermath of his victory, cursing like a sailor off the banana boat.

The guy has no class, he'd want to learn from of the greats of boxing. A champ holds himself himself as a champion, not a common street thug.

It was classless of Dana White not giving him the title as per tradition and not having his second belt. He was rightfully pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

The guy has no class, he'd want to learn from of the greats of boxing. A champ holds himself himself as a champion, not a common street thug.

You're right and he'd like to take this chance to apologise to ABSO-LUTLEY FUKIN' NOBODY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The guy has no class, he'd want to learn from some of the greats of boxing. A champ holds himself as a champion, not a common street thug.

You mean something like "I'll f*** you till you love me f*gg*t"? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

joshrogan wrote: »
    You're right and he'd like to take this chance to apologise to ABSO-LUTLEY FUKIN' NOBODY!

He's better than that.

A sharp guy, he could have improvised when the second belt wasn't at ringside and not broke off into profanity.

I don't like this professional wrestling esque fakery about him when he gets on the mic

Show honour and respect to your opponent Conor. Real men will do that either in defeat or victory. Don't gloat and don't swear, its low rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

So much for his 'humble in victory or defeat' schtick from after the Diaz loss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You're just jealous 'cause he has a more famous left hand. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

He had every right to be pissed in fairness, he visualised this moment from day one, that visualisation got him through the hard times and they didn't even have his strap ready when the moment came.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

macnug wrote: »
    ..he visualised this moment from day one...

Indeed he did. Here's an interview with him from 2008 when he was just 19 saying his dream was to be UFC Lightweight Champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Fair fcuks to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So is he going to stay at Lightweight now?

I'm guessing he will seeing as he has to give up one of the belts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement