Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New years drinkin thread

Options
  • 31-12-2014 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Seeming as the pioneers got in on Stephenseses day with a not drinkin thread. I'm taking back after hours for those of us who enjoy a good ol session.

What's the plan for tonight lads?

I'm heading off to a mates gig in the city. Heading to the local in about an hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Seeming as the pioneers got in on Stephenseses day with a not drinkin thread. I'm taking back after hours for those of us who enjoy a good ol session.

What's the plan for tonight lads?

I'm heading off to a mates gig in the city. Heading to the local in about an hour.

Absolutely no need to be drinking this early. One of the reasons I refuse to go out in Ireland on NYE is because of people who've been drinking all day falling around the place drunk at 10 in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

it's gonna be a messy one

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

Working the night shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Had tickets to the Kodaline gig in Dublin but mates pulled out of it so sold them and now I'm going to get wrecked on cocktails in town instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Absolutely no need to be drinking this early. One of the reasons I refuse to go out in Ireland on NYE is because of people who've been drinking all day falling around the place drunk at 10 in the evening.

But what's your plan for tonight???

For my part, I'll be whittling my way through a slab of guinness, trying to ignore my wife asking me to change nappies /feed babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Going to a relations nye party with my eldest son who features in my username. Will be drinking tea as I don't drink alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Duff wrote: »
    Had tickets to the Kodaline gig in Dublin but mates pulled out of it so sold them and now I'm going to get wrecked on cocktails in town instead.

Getting wrecked on cocktails would be a very expensive night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

diograis wrote: »
    it's gonna be a messy one
    Here here my good man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Getting wrecked on cocktails would be a very expensive night out.

3 Strawberry Daquiri's for €12 and 2 Long Island Ice Teas for €11 in a pub/club in town will do rightly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Going to a party but can't drink, so I've offered to be dessie for my friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

But what's your plan for tonight???

For my part, I'll be whittling my way through a slab of guinness, trying to ignore my wife asking me to change nappies /feed babies.

Pretty much the same for me,except the slab is Molson(i know,i know but its cheap) the woman I'll be ignoring in my case is my ex asking me to top her up with baileys.Thankfully our nappy changing days are over,and the youngfella is staying in my ma's so I'll be getting my first ride of 2015 at some stage before the clock strikes noon tomorrow, and I'm pretty pleased with myself by all accounts

Gonna allow myself to drink more than normal tonight. I hardly ever drink. Doing a house party and cooking adn all that. But once dinner is done and people are settled into the party - im letting go :) Let my rare evil side loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Pint of red rebel going down a treat. Sessioouuunnn is go!

Advertisement