Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential easterly (cold and snow risk) from 14 Jan onwards

Options
  • 08-01-2014 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

Mods feel free to delete / edit but I think with cross model support this morning for this, with -8 uppers progged for the whole country at times, that a thread of its own is warranted. Doing this on phone so see Dan's posts this morning in winter thread for better detail.

Could still go pear shaped and could still see the cold air hit the UK and stop there but the current model guidance, with v cold siberian air mixing with warmer than usual seas, is potentially very snowy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Rosier

ah well. what can one say.. the mountains here are an utter glory in snow and I am well stocked etc so we wait and watch now.. love to see the dogs revelling in snow too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

It's a long way out. FI territory.

Some interesting times ahead tho.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im afraid its way too Far out , there is an FI thread and a Winter Weather thread ,

I have seen an easterly disappear at + 96 never mind +144 , closing for now and will open further down the line if need be , plus I dont want it jinxed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement