Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo will crack carbon frame - Yes or No?

Options
  • 11-10-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Discuss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

No it won't .....
    Actually it might if you throw the turbo against the carbon frame

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

I think it's an excuse manufacturers use to get out of warranty claims on broken frames have you used it on a turbo oh well there is the reason it cracked your own fault warranty void

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

really vigorous out of saddle efforts might load the frame in unusual ways on a standard fixed trainer.

apart from that..no

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

done 2 winters of at least an hour a week on my 2009 focus cayo hasnt broken yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Lumen wrote: »
    Probably not

I'm taking that to the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Sorry to go off topic OP but can anyone suggest a quality turbo trainer to get (noise levels not an issue). Also do you guys use a separate training wheel and tyre for the trainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Wahoo kickr, no wheel required.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

billyhead wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic OP but can anyone suggest a quality turbo trainer to get (noise levels not an issue). Also do you guys use a separate training wheel and tyre for the trainer?

BKOOL seems to be getting rave reviews I don't use a special wheel don't see the point have had a standard tyre in use the past year no issue's 3 times a week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

AmberGold wrote: »
    Wahoo kickr, no wheel required.
    no wheel required, no money left after purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Yis get what ye pay for..
    It's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

billyhead wrote: »

Yeah I have a separate wheel with a turbo specific tyre on it. Have used a normal tyre in the past but it gets too hot and breaks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

I've never bought a turbo tyre , I just use old tyres , by the time they break down on the turbo I've already replace the one I use on the road so pop that on , but I do use an old wheel and cassette rather than change tyres on my good wheel whenever I'm using the turbo

Advertisement