Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSB crankset to Dura Ace.

Options
  • 04-10-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Thinking of changing out my 52/36 carbon FSB crankset at the end of the year. My bike has ultegra groupset with FSB crankset. What I want to know is will the dura ace crankset (hoping to get a 53/39)be ok with current setup?

Also if (the dura ace is compatible) is it much lighter than what was on at first? Is there any difference weight wise? Are there better cranksets I should be considering as I'm racing again next year.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Here is a web site I use for weight comparisons.
    Keep in mind that lighter does not always mean better.

http://www.totalcycling.com/en/Component-Weights/cc-8.aspx

Shimano use a system called Hollowtec, so Dura Ace will be a direct swap out for Ultegra. I don't know anything about FSB, unless you mean FSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's FSA.

What BB is on your bike, usually with FSA its BB30, Bright or MegaExo in which case you'll need to buy a converter to use a Shimano/Hollowtech BB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If your going to change to a Dura Ace chainset might aswell change the bb too, makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

macnab wrote: »
    Here is a web site I use for weight comparisons.
    Keep in mind that lighter does not always mean better.

http://www.totalcycling.com/en/Component-Weights/cc-8.aspx

Shimano use a system called Hollowtec, so Dura Ace will be a direct swap out for Ultegra. I don't know anything about FSB, unless you mean FSA?

My apologies, a typo on my behalf. Is it a good upgrade or are there better ones for money out there? 53/39 I need.

Borderfox wrote: »
    If your going to change to a Dura Ace chainset might aswell change the bb too, makes sense

I will change out all parts but knowing what one to get seems to be my problem at the moment.

• Advertisement

It's FSA.

What BB is on your bike, usually with FSA its BB30, Bright or MegaExo in which case you'll need to buy a converter to use a Shimano/Hollowtech BB.

I think I will change out everything if I will go about it?

Just wondering is the Ultegra Crankset lighter than the FSA one I have on at present? All I know is the Crankset says Carbon Moxonide on it and I dont know if it is lighter to an Ultegra upgrade?

I want to upgrade it and I want the upgrade to be lighter so if the Ultegra crankset is lighter I will go with it. Better still I would consider the Dura Ace Crankset if Ultegra isnt lighter. Is the Dura Ace Crankset much lighter to notice any diiference?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement