Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want out of a training camp?

Options
  • 12-10-2014 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Lots of guys here have been on training camps leading into the new season, especially during the months of January & February.
    What makes a good training camp? Everything except location basically. Discussing location for a training camp could be a whole discussion on its own.
    Should it be more interval orientated maybe like a bootcamp?
    Should it be base mileage orientated? I was thinking one should have most of their base mileage done by the time the end of January and February comes along.
    What have your training camps been like? What else have they provided besides getting you out on a stretch of road?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

mickmc9 wrote: »
    Lots of guys here have been on training camps leading into the new season, especially during the months of January & February.
    What makes a good training camp? Everything except location basically. Discussing location for a training camp could be a whole discussion on its own.
    Should it be more interval orientated maybe like a bootcamp?
    Should it be base mileage orientated? I was thinking one should have most of their base mileage done by the time the end of January and February comes along.
    What have your training camps been like? What else have they provided besides getting you out on a stretch of road?

I would be interested in an answer to this as I cant decide between 2 training camps in Andalucía called Vamos and Andalucian cycling experience, or heading to Gran Canaria for a weeks endurance training.

Advertisement