Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BB30 bottom bearing

Options
  • 25-08-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,how hard is it to change a fsa bb30 bottom crank bearing,have looked on line and from wat I can cee I would need special pullers.anyone here changed them?is a litespeed carbon bike.i did not notice how rough the bearing was until I spun it without the chain while doing a chain change.thanks for yer help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

http://m.bikeradar.com/gear/article/workshop-how-to-service-bb30-press-fit-bottom-brackets-29544/
    Press fit bearings 'should' just tap out.

In reality they never do (easily)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Hi all,how hard is it to change a fsa bb30 bottom crank bearing,have looked on line and from wat I can cee I would need special pullers.anyone here changed them?is a litespeed carbon bike.i did not notice how rough the bearing was until I spun it without the chain while doing a chain change.thanks for yer help.
    I changed them twice on my bike. Nothing complicated at all. I have got the removal tool (could do without one in fairness), and I made a simple press-in tool myself with the use of the dedicated rings, which I bought online.

If you are located near my place, you are welcome to borrow my set or bring your bike, we can get our hands dirty together in my living room :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Seweryn wrote: »
    I changed them twice on my bike. Nothing complicated at all. I have got the removal tool (could do without one in fairness), and I made a simple press-in tool myself with the use of the dedicated rings, which I bought online.

If you are located near my place, you are welcome to borrow my set or bring your bike, we can get our hands dirty together in my living room :D.

Sorry to jump in late.

Have rough drive side BB30 bearings and wondered if I could borrow your tool set? I've sent you a PM.

I can't decide wether to replace like for like the BB30 bearing assembly kit or go for the PressFit30?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

ashleey wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in late.

Have rough drive side BB30 bearings and wondered if I could borrow your tool set? I've sent you a PM.
    Hi Ashleey,

There is no problem, you are welcome and I responded to your PM.
    If you can bring your bike to my place, we can replace the bearings together, while having some tea :).

Advertisement