Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I NEED A PLACE TO LIVE!!!! --if you are looking for a flatmate, don't ignore this--

• 18-07-2000 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

since obviously noone knows what "flatting" is, i'll just state it as absolutely simpply and straight forwardly as i possibly can.

if no-one actually has anywhere for me to live, then i apollogize. but i had the thought that perhaps the other thread wasn't clear enough in the title so you may be ignoring it.

if this fails, i'll (heaven forbid) use the newspaper frown.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 zippo

Where are you? I'm looking in Dublin 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Carnage

I'm in Ranelagh at the moment, but i'm looking for a new place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Taliesin

I currently have a room coming available in my house in about the next fortnight. Rent is cheap, food is communal, room is small but the house is full of cats (3), gamers(2) and smokers (3). Most mod cons, convenient to frequent bus routes & a UCI, internet connecttion in the house is free off peak and going to be upgraded. The only 'problem' is the house is in Coolock :-) If you want more info contact me on Taliesin@eircom.net.

Ciao, Pat :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I need a place in Galway near GMIT, with cats (0), smokers (cigarette, 0) and gamers (>=0)

Anyone got a place?

Al.

hmm.... Coolock... well, i don't mind the cats, i don't mind the smokers, and i definately like the gamers, but i have NO idea where coolock is..... i'd be interested if it's anywhere near Sandyford, or is within 20 - 40 minutes bus ride of sandyford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Hey trojan ow about westport house....zoo! smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Bold Nick - you know he'll have to do a lot of travelling that way! wink.gif

OI!! Zippo, i saw a couple of good places in Blackrock, easy transport in and out of the city, and easy transport for me to get to work too....

interested? email me: v-jessem@microsoft.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kristy

check out www.oxygen.ie - No54 , its like big brother , you could live there

Ay????

i'm sorry, even after seeing that site, i'm still confused, i've got no idea what you're talking about. i'm sorry.

but as long as i think of it...

a/s/l? j/k wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

Irish attempt to cash in on the bung a few webcams in a house with some people, isolate them from the world, make them vote against each other to decide who should get evicted each week. Nation votes on
    the housemates two nominations. Last person left at end of the series gets a nice cash prize.

Was originally a dutch tv program called Big Brother. Huge success. Swept holland. Nastion in a frenzy.
    Newspapers were full of it. Former big brothers (people who were in the house) are huge national
    celebriteries there.

The bbc did a version on a un inhabited north sea island a while ago. It was a failure. Castaway or something was what it was called, I think.

Channel4 is trying to do the same thing at the minute. It's just about to enter it's third week on tv.
    It's a bit crap. Some media interest (generally critics slating it) . http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother

oxygen.ie is seemingly a portal targeted at irish students (wow, large income audience eh?)

They're going to rent a house in ireland somewhere and fill it with webcams.
    http://www.oxygen.ie/unilife/unilife_no54info.php3

Don't think they have the tv tie in.

Haven't heard anything about oxygen.ie except through a press release re-hash posted on http://www.electricnews.net then again, maybe they'r epromoting it heavily in colleges around the country
    or something ... wait, they're closed.

should I even bother wandering over to fsckedcompanys.com....

Hi Folks!

Venom and I have decided that it would be in our best interests to begin looking for a flat soon, since, obviously, there are no people who are looking to take on new flatmates atm, we thought that we would start a flat up. If you are looking for a Boards.ie household, and Blackrock/Leopardstown/perhaps some other places on the southside don't sound too bad to you, then you should come along and have a chat with Venom and I. This Saturday, 3:30ish at the Coal porter, (Aka, "the pub with the beer garden.") look for the guys with the newspaper.

Cheers.

[This message has been edited by Carnage (edited 27-07-2000).]

Advertisement