Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo II, i know that this should be on the roleplaying board, but who goes there???

Options
  • 24-07-2000 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

it took 27.5 hours to get halfway through this game this is apporiximately 1/30th of the total gameplay, this means that there is aproximately 825 hours of gameplay total for this particular game (27.5 hours = half of the game with one of five character classes, and one of 3 skill settings, ie, to play the game completely, you would have to play through the game 3 times for each of the five character classes, 55 hours is the number of hours i estemate that it would take to finish the game once, so 55 x 5 = 275, 275 is the number of hours to play it through 5 times, multiplied by the number of skill settings (3) and there is 825 hours worth of gameplay, 27.5 is the most i can realistically play a game in one weekend while still getting all of my chores/responsibilities done, so therefore, to play this game completely will take me 30 weeks if i play 27.5 hours every week, assuming that from time to time, i may not be able to play every weekend, i'll add ten weeks to that for inaccuracy. that's 40/52 weeks in the year, if my math is right, that is 57.6% (30/52) of my weekends consumed by this one game.

those are some statistics that i've scraped together, was wondering from other people who have played right through, how long did it take you (i just mean once, i don't mean all fifteen times smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Took me around fifteen hours to finish it with Barbarian on normal difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭OmiOmi

hmmmmm... But ... do you guys play on b.net? Is it going any good? slow? tell me please =D

It's ok on a 64k connect, but theres a lot of muppets about, and you usually dont last more than 20mins in a game without dissing.

This is closed realm games anyway, i beleive Open is better, but thats full of cheating lamers.

Is there a lot of cheaters already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Carnage

well i'm playing single player, ie, no other players in the game cause i don't have a net conn at home.... but i'm going well along, i have a tendancy to have to kill EVERYTHING that moves, (accept friendly stuff) so i'm not content with just running past a monster and leaving it alive, i think that perhaps this is some of the time difference between me and some others who finish rather quickly.... but i like it the way it is....

--
    Carnage: voting for fewer boards with more posts accross .ie

• Advertisement

Originally posted by OmiOmi:
    Is there a lot of cheaters already?

anyone with a hex editor can hack the code to give themselves loads of everything, raise their stats, etc. etc.

So yes, basically smile.gif

As for finishing it fast, I killed pretty much everything I came across, and due to save/reloads, cleared some areas several times. You'll have a tough time in Act IV if you want to kill everything Carnage smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 24-07-2000).]

Blizzard should pay a couple of thousands players to go to b.net hang around. And then bann the cheaters by IP. and for those that has dynamic IP just flood them or something

Another Q.... If a player lags.. do everybody lag then? Diablo 1 was like that. If you had a perfect party of 3 and then someone left and someother dude came in with a bad connection the entire game lagged for everybody. Same thing here or different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    anyone with a hex editor can hack the code to give themselves loads of everything, raise their stats, etc. etc.

So yes, basically smile.gifB]
    Errr, thought you can't do that with Diablo 2 because all user stats etc are now stored on the bnet secure server. Where are yas getting this info or are you just assuming it's using the same net model as Diablo1?

This is open bnet games i'm on about here Chubby, the data for those is stored locally and can be edited.

The closed Realm games are supposedly unhackable, but then again those servers are down a lot of the time, and are v laggy when up, so a lot of Open games are being played.

Well Troy, matey, i'm only up to Act three for the moment.... hmm, when i've finished with the barbarian, i think i'll start a paladin.... and i'll call him "Kill Everything Carnage" sounds like a good name smile.gif tee hee hee.

why is it that it'll be hard on act IV to kill everything? just sheer numbers? or do they reproduce?

i must admit tho, that once i had finished clearing the 6 false tombs of tal rasha, i had incredible fun in the real tomb of tal rasha stepping on all those hundreds of maggots, the little ones, and the big huge black slug things too.... stepping on stuff... hehehehe such a nice touch..... smile.gif

--

• Advertisement

Sheer numbers, they reproduce, and they're very tough. The Uniques are vicious, and there's huge flocks of evil range attack guys.

Some nice gear to be got down there tho - can do 90 to 185 points per hit now with some weps and stat enhancing stuff i found smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Btw, there is a cow level in the game now! biggrin.gif Serious!

Oh well, I'm having fun on Terminus. Finished playing and thought I'd see if I could fly to the Saturn rings. So I stripped down the fastest ship, launched from the Mimas space station and slapped it in max-thrust (at borderline stress levels).

I then left the machine. It took over 2 hours!!! Just to get to the edge of the rings. When I got there, I noticed a canister, only I didn't have a cargo scoop to pick it up. frown.gif

saturn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Cheek of some people. tongue.gif Can't even post on the games forum either muppet (And RP forum is getting more D2 posts then anything else).

Actually the avg time on the hardest level is about 50 hours. Which isn't very long for game addicts.

Also you have to take into account B.Net crashing.

Of course if that's how you consider "winning" the game, then you don't understand the concept of a ORPG. However D2 does seem to relate more to the quake heads.

Hobbes: you've got too much spare time man! hmm..... still tho.... spose i can't talk about too much spare time wink.gif

Troy: those do sound like quite nice stats indeedy, i like those unique monsters and stuff, they always drop cool items. at the moment i have like, 296 armour class, and about 18 - 70 damage per swing (i'm using a barbarian with about 10th level sword mastery and 5th level double swing attack, 2 ******* swords, one does 1 - 32 lightning damage, and the other does 14 - 28 poison damage...)

<rant>
    Oh yeah, and while i remember, the Horadric cube is complete and utter CR4P.... one of the transmutie things is three rings to one amulet and vice versa, i popped in three rings, and out comes one amulet, which is nowhere near as usefull as even just one of the rings i can put in, and looking over the transmute combos on planetdiablo, i don't think theres any combinations of stuff to put in that would be even remotely usefull, realistic, or profitable. it may aswell just be extra storage space.
    </rant>

--

Advertisement