Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist wanted as part of Ironman Relay Team

Options
  • 11-04-2005 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭

Okay, a long shot!

I am looking for a cyclist to take a position on a relay team to take part in a 3-day Ironman event in Northern Ireland over the May Bank Holday weekend. So far I have an accomplished and fast swimmer, and a top-class runner who will do the third stage (marathon) in under 3 hours.

Basically, if I can find a cyclist to finish the course in a reasonable time (say 6 hours or so), I would expect our team to win the relay event.

The cycle is 180km (112 Miles) and takes place at 9am on Sunday 1st May 2004. Accomodation is booked and paid for on both the night before and after (i.e. you won't need to pay for this). In addition, there are 3 others taking part in the full event, so we will have proper on-road support, etc.

Anyone interested, please contact me by PM.

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

The distance would be just too far for me. But it certainly looks like you are set up for a good weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 happychildhood

If you dont get any reponse here, you could try the following triathlon
    forum http://3dtri.proboards24.com/index.cgi

There is about hundredish irish people doing ironman races this year, including myself.

I'm sure one of them will bite,
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Excellent suggestion happychildhood - this I have done.

Does anyone know if there are any cycling forums besides the boards.ie one?

Advertisement