Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen who claimed glass was in Nutella wins €30k

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

so whats to stop someone from smashing a glass jar/bottle and putting the shards in their own nuttella, marmite, jam etc etc ???

(think i might chance my arm)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have not eaten glass but would it not break bits off your teeth while chewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Varik wrote: »
    So Doctors and an Xray couldn't see anything, and even if they did that wouldn't prove it was the Nutella. Was a glass laces jar of Nutella presented, it could have been the bagel or anything else she ate. Could also be a load of lies for a payout.

The jar was examined and further pieces of glass found at the bottom. The case is legit but the payment is ridiculous considering there were no physical injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If he could afford to buy Nutella instead of Nutoka dafuq does he need €30K for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

kneemos wrote: »
    I found Earwigs in my Weetabix on two separate occasions decades ago.
    Should have kept them.

Eating them wasn't a good idea anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Eating them wasn't a good idea anyway.

When all you can afford to eat for dinner is Weetabix,Earwigs would be considered a delicacy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have not eaten glass but would it not break bits off your teeth while chewing?

I once, whilst very drunk, attempted to drink sambuca from the neck of a bottle that was broken.

I chewed glass, thought it was crystallised sambuca (like the way peach schnapps crystallises) and spat it out.

I didn't chip a tooth and didn't even cut myself. I was really fcuking lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I don’t think so really, I’d imagine tooth enamel is a harder substance than glass. Open to correction on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It would certainly ruin your gums. Unless you're Grayson with his carbon fibre mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

GreeBo wrote: »
    4941829.jpg

I'll tip my hat to the new compensation
    Take a bow for the new litigation
    Smile and grin at the cash all around
    Dial up my lawyer and say
    Just like yesterday
    Then I'll get on my knees and pray
    That Groarke gets fooled again

• Advertisement
Advertisement