Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Famous Irish Sports Star" being investigated for rape

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yawn.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Locked.....any minute now!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I'd recommend a Quad way Geforce 710 SLI over a Vega 64 anyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Spencer Winterbotham

Who was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I love how vague it is, like we dont already know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

Of all the felt I ever felt,
    I never felt a piece of felt
    which felt as fine as that felt felt,
    when first I felt that felt hat's felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

A sex boo boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Guilty until proven innocent let the wild speculation begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'd recommend a Quad way Geforce 710 SLI over a Vega 64 anyday

atari jaguar ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Vicxas wrote: »
    I love how vague it is, like we dont already know

We don't! Geezers guessing the name that people may most readily believe doesn't equate to already knowing!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mod Note: Please do not name or refer to who it may or may not be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I don't think there is any truth to this story. As in, I'm sure a formal complaint was made, but don't think it actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

If it's true, he's properly screwed.

I don't think there is any truth to this story. As in, I'm sure a formal complaint was made, but don't think it actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Few strange things -
    how readily people will believe a rape accusation against this certain person, or any person really. It's a bit scary. It may be false or true, but no one actually knows the story at all, and yet....

Also I have already seen posts hoping the woman gets her ''justice'' especially after ''Belfast'' - what the heck do these tyrants want? The right for a social media mob to try and hang someone, anyone they take against, from the comfort of their own armchairs and from inside their own teeny tiny heads?

Strange times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

How have you come to that conclusion with such scant details available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

SexBobomb wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6481593/Irish-sports-star-raped-woman-Dublin-hotel-early-hours-yesterday-morning.html

Another Irish sports star in Rape allegation, few names being thrown around on twitter but nothing confirmed as of yet.

I can’t believe people throw names around for something so serious. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Might as well lock it then, as once a name is realised, they will be guilty purely by assoiation.

Should be locked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

DrumSteve wrote: »

I hope this woman will feel the full force of the courts if it is proved untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

canonball5 wrote: »
    I hope this woman will feel the full force of the courts if it is proved untrue.

I agree, if there's evidence discovered that the complainant was lying. Not if the accused is simply found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, the two are conflated far too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

These threads shouldn't be allowed; in fact, there should be a complete media blackout on investigations and trials of this nature. Reporting it doesn't help anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Can you read?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If people really care about justice for either party they won't speculate on who it is or what happened. Thread is a car crash and should be locked.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Hypothetically if any of this is true then still
    he could live in Venezuela(no extradition)
    Scrape by with his eighty million euro fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Seems to be a lot of negative response to the thread on a rightfully sensitive issue .
    I don't want to sensationalise the incident/crime itself i just found the story appearing on front pages with no names interesting in itself if Mods want to lock or close thread I wouldn't mind either way, Ive said as much to a mod in a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Interesting how quick it's gotten out into the media, I mean the individual involved is probably only been questioned now about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There are actually a few completely different names flying around on social media. Tbh, I think that "helps" those named/accused because at least then nobody will take it all that seriously until the actual person is confirmed.

Sounds pretty serious in general, complaint made immediately, victim is in hospital for examination, Gardai have already picked him up. If it was a case of next-day regret I don't think they would be jumping on it quite so quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Zorya wrote: »
    Few strange things -
    how readily people will believe a rape accusation against this certain person, or any person really. It's a bit scary. It may be false or true, but no one actually knows the story at all, and yet....

Also I have already seen posts hoping the woman gets her ''justice'' especially after ''Belfast'' - what the heck do these tyrants want? The right for a social media mob to try and hang someone, anyone they take against, from the comfort of their own armchairs and from inside their own teeny tiny heads?

Strange times.

IMO, it takes some rare type of character to put themselves through a rape trial for ****s and giggles. All the alleged victim gets out of it is arseholes like George Hook talking sh*te and the court of public opinion, same for the accused.
    So I would suggest some might lean towards believing the victim as a natural because it would be some rare human goes through all of that genuinely believing they weren't raped.
    Mind, I would like to see some stats on falsely accused verses correctly accused, or got off on a technicality etc. before we get too full on into putting the women folk back in their place.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Interesting how quick it's gotten out into the media, I mean the individual involved is probably only been questioned now about it.

Most likely still in bed after his weekend bender!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

canonball5 wrote: »

There is a difference between not guity, and it not happening. Now if it was found that she made it all up, I will agree with you, and she should get the same sentence as her attacker would have got if he was guilty.

This should not just apply to this case, but all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

IMO, it takes some rare type of character to put themselves through a rape trial for ****s and giggles. All the alleged victim gets out of it is arseholes like George Hook talking sh*te and the court of public opinion, same for the accused.
    So I would suggest some might lean towards believing the victim as a natural because it would be some rare human goes through all of that genuinely believing they weren't raped.

:confused:
    Sorry, this just borders so close to IBelieveHer regardless of any due process or presumption of innocence that I cannot take it seriously. The presumption of innocence is not in ANY way qualified, regardless of what people might like.

seamus wrote: »
    Gardai have already picked him up. If it was a case of next-day regret I don't think they would be jumping on it quite so quickly.

I suppose they want to get his clothes and stuff for forensic examination. Check him for cuts, bruises. He might be a flight risk as well.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    There is a difference between not guity, and it not happening. Now if it was found that she made it all up, I will agree with you, and she should get the same sentence as her attacker would have got if he was guilty.

This should not just apply to this case, but all.

Quite honestly, it isn't always possible. Two people could engage in consensual sex and one of the parties could wake up the next morning and regret it.

Then is comes down to one persons word against another!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,830 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note Thread closed for various issues as outlined in the previous thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement