Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

developing story - Irish sports star...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

the name and all the gorey details are all over twitter
    pretty shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

the name and all the gorey details are all over twitter
    pretty shocking

Any chance of a link can't find it on Google.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Wow. I don't want to comment specifically but this could be the biggest news story in the history of the country.

I can see this getting locked, developing story normally means a live case, which always brings legal problems eg innocent until proven guilty argument, defamation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This will be zapped fairly quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Its still out there though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Calling bull****. Unless it's FAI, what would a 'major' soccer star bread abroad be doing on a night out in Dublin midseason midweek?

Plus - it's the s*n

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Calling bull****. Unless it's FAI, what would a 'major' soccer star bread abroad be doing on a night out in Dublin midseason midweek?

Major ''sports'' star. Not the first time the media here has used the phrase..

I wish they would narrow it down, just a wee a bit, what sort of sports does this gent play, there is a lot of fecking sports out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Who is the sports star?

Who is the sports star?

You could be a sports star. :)

You could be a sports star. :)

Im over 30 years old and fat as a fool, it is unlikely.

I wish they would narrow it down, just a wee a bit, what sort of sports does this gent play, there is a lot of fecking sports out there.

Google is your friend... found it in 3 seconds

NSAman wrote: »

Yeah the two tabloid reports that say SFA.

Yeah the two tabloid reports that say SFA.

Oh you twit... sheezzzzz there are other sources outside of newspapers...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

???

I don't know what search words you are using. I can only find articles that say nothing about the sport...

Plus can't find anything Twitter

amdublin wrote: »
    ???

I don't know what search words you are using. I can only find articles that say nothing about the sport...

Plus can't find anything Twitter

“Shakes head”.. sighs... found twitter in three seconds.... and I DONT have a Twitter account.

Don't know if allowed but one of the tweets. https://twitter.com/search?f=news&vertical=default&q=sports%20star%20rape&src=typd

Edit: Nope that's not it, from October 5th, OK smart alec throw the link up.

Someone say the name crying out loud

• Advertisement

We are holding Internet usage classes next tuesday.... I can see at least three people who need to attend..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

to people saying it's all over twitter, are you sure it's not just a few people speculating? there's not really a critical mass of tweets

Haven't a clue.

We are holding Internet usage classes next tuesday.... I can see at least three people who need to attend..;)

Whats it like under the bridge tonight troll?

Whats it like under the bridge tonight troll?

Dave its pretty easy to find out the name... I am in my late 50s and can use a computer to search properly... not a troll... perhaps I am able to find the proper words and HIGHLIGHT them in search to find the name of the supposed person... sheeezzzzzz :)

This is beginning to feel bogus.

It was interesting for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Arghus wrote: »
    This is beginning to feel bogus.

It was interesting for a while.

The ban hammer should be in bits after this thread is reviewed. sheeezzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

The ban hammer should be in bits after this thread is reviewed. sheeezzzzzz

Could be taken to the ground before getting a chance to unleash that hammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,256 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Remember, it's an allegation at the moment. Whoever it's against, they have the right to be treated as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Once the name comes out a lot of you will see them as guilty until proven innocent and even then will still treat them with suspicion for the rest of their lives even if they've done nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Please don't be Rugby. I can't take anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

sabat wrote: »
    If they named the sport they would be virtually naming the man.

hurling? football? soccer? rugby? can't think of one player above all others, cant think of many 'stars' of any other sports, olympic walking maybe?, golf? rowing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If what I've seen on Twitter amounts to "allegations" that anyone is taking remotely seriously, then I honestly don't know if the internet is considered a useful resource any longer.

All I've seen is the man's name being dropped into little more than gossip and mudslinging.

And I don't even particularly like the guy, in fact I think he's a bit of a bell end.

But FFS spreading idle gossip that someone did what's being reported in the link is a disgusting low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

in fact I think he's a bit of a bell end.

A bit of a bell end!?

i could do with a few, tbh, didn't click onto the second page of this thread before replying,
    also I was trying to find a lad from sligo who had all his twitter accounts suspended earlier, and could only find his googleplus account...

• Advertisement

A bit of a bell end!?

The biggest bit..:pac:

If what I've seen on Twitter amounts to "allegations" that anyone is taking remotely seriously, then I honestly don't know if the internet is considered a useful resource any longer.

All I've seen is the man's name being dropped into little more than gossip and mudslinging.

And I don't even particularly like the guy, in fact I think he's a bit of a bell end.

But FFS spreading idle gossip that someone did what's being reported in the link is a disgusting low.

is it on the Dublin Whatsapp group chat?

is it on the Dublin Whatsapp group chat?

I dunno what that is tbh.

Dodgy allegations being made above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

If you take twitter speculation seriously you want to take a long hard look at yourself. Fake news taking hold of minds is actually a real phenomenon it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

One paper notes the man and woman knew each other.
    Will be interesting to see if an arrest is made in the next day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

How can there be legitimate, unbiased trials anymore with the way social media goes on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Zorya wrote: »
    How can their be legtimate, unbiased trials anymore with the way social media goes on?

in fact, you could commit a crime, then set up a load of fake social media accounts accusing yourself of the crime left right and centre and make it so you couldn't possibly be tried fairly for the crime....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Can't stand the guy but amazed at what a few anonymous baseless tweets can do to public perception.

**** show

Reported

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Im over 30 years old and fat as a fool, it is unlikely.

Darts? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Have deleted a fair few posts naming or alluding to an individual. And I'm gonna make a judgement call and say this thread is too much of a legal minefield to keep open.

I hope those of you who had a laugh in this thread realise what effect you can have on any case that goes before the courts. Dunno about you guys, but I'd like to see somebody proven guilty in a court of law to be prosecuted and sent to jail rather than being let off due to prejudice as a result of a few thankswhores on an internet forum. Not to mention somebody who is innocent being prejudiced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement