Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Pole before installation can proceed, how long?

• 17-10-2018 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Need pole to get fiber broadband to house, the order for pole was 2 weeks ago, I got notification today that the install is delayed due to waiting on 3rd party (I assume the folks placing the pole). How long does it normally take to get this placed?

(Never mind, must of sent wrong text, lads arrived to install pole within 10 minutes of posting question!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Need pole to get fiber broadband to house, the order for pole was 2 weeks ago, I got notification today that the install is delayed due to waiting on 3rd party (I assume the folks placing the pole). How long does it normally take to get this placed?

(Never mind, must of sent wrong text, lads arrived to install pole within 10 minutes of posting question!!!)
    Hi Big Wex fan, 

No problem, I'm glad to hear this. If you have any further queries or questions, please don't hesitate in coming back to me. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

After only waiting 2 weeks to get Pole to the fiber to be able to reach the house, my kids were getting excited about having proper high speed broadband, Now they're disappointed after being told have to wait until 24th Dec for installation. 
    Well nothing gets installed on Christmas Eve so basically sometime next year. 
    If it had been a simple installation I would of had it in less than a week. I don't understand why we have to wait so long when the poles are there, the black box is at the road, surely the sooner it gets up & running, the sooner Eir starts making money from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Teams are roaming. If the KNN crew is in Meath say doing 8-10 installs a day they won't drive to Cavan say to do a single install that was delayed due to plant. You get forecasted for when they're back in that works area. 

Remember you're one of 300,000 homes, a single one is very little in the grand scheme. 

But there's not 300,000 waiting installation at the same time. The exchange upgrade started to be upgraded about a year ago & only ready last month or so. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Posh12345

HI Big Wex fan

Do you have to pay for poles to be put up or is this provided by open air as part of service? 

Our house is approx 150 meters from the nearest telecoms pole with FTTH broadband access however Eir are insisting on using an old duct that is blocked I notice in an Eir promotional video they say that poles will be provided by open air?? cheers

• Advertisement

In my case K&N said my ducking was too small to feed a 2nd cable thru. He logged call for pole there and then. No one has said there is any additional cost other than the agreed installation cost. The fibre will be over 2 poles from the black box, the new one just installed and a neighbour's one on the boundary.

Cheers we had the same issue ducting to small for the second cable but however the technician who came out has said we need to lay new ducting never mentioned anything about going overhead.

I thought it was blocked?

When talking to the technician he said the duct was too narrow however it seems to be recorded on Eir's system as a blocked duct as when contacting Eir the first question I'm asked is has the blocked duct been cleared. 

But in reality its an old duct containing the old phone cable. I'm hoping when the technician comes again they can use the existing old phone cable to pull thru the fibre cable or else just get poles put in place.

I believe going from what I was told on the FTTH page they're not allowed touch that cable.

• Advertisement

Hi Big Wex fan, 

No problem, I'm glad to hear this. If you have any further queries or questions, please don't hesitate in coming back to me. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Any chance you could check out why installation date is so far away & if there's anything can be done to speed up the installation.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there,

When an installation date is given it is due to the work that needs to be completed an the time frame given to allow completion.

These dates are also subject to change and can happen sooner or later than the given time frame however you would be notified if this was to occur. 

Unfortunately we would be unable to provide any additional information on this at this time.

Apologies,

Sarah

But how do you know what work needs to be completed without checking it out. If the work to be completed is placing a pole then the work is done and the record system is not up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Each time work is completed it must be systematically updated by the engineer on site. If additional works are required then this will also be noted along with a forecast date. We do not have access to view these details from here however I may be able to retrieve this information from another department if you could PM the order or account details. I must advise however that we have no control over the forecast date for completion nor can we request that this be changed.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
     We do not have access to view these details from here however I may be able to retrieve this information from another department if you could PM the order or account details. I must advise however that we have no control over the forecast date for completion nor can we request that this be changed.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi, I haven't got a reply after PMing you over a week ago.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Eir team[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Looking for your help please[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We signed up to your broadband in September when contacted by a salesman in the area. We were told by the salesman that fiberwire broadband could possibly be provided by ducting underground or by using poles overhead. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]When our site survey was conducted I was told by the technician that new ducting would have to be laid as the existing ducting was too narrow and antiquated for a second cable to be laid. When I asked about going overhead I was told this was not possible as poles would have to be provided for this to happen. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]However we seem to be already being charged for the fiberwire broadband we do not have as we purchased a mobile phone package as well on our fiberwire package.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]After hearing from this blog and your promotional video which states poles will be provided by eir if the house is greater than 50 meters from the road can this not be done in our case? We are no more than 100 - 150 meters from the road.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]At this stage I would just like the matter resolved whether we can get the broadband or not. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Cheers.[/font]

Advertisement