Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Hygiene and Lockdown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm using my unwashed jocks to make face masks and selling them online.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Let me guess. You hold a degree in engineering, have a beard, work in the basement and your girlfriend is into obscure early 1990s Seattle music and has tattoos.

I’ll take a guess and say that guessing isn’t one of your strong points?

I’m not a massive fan of washing at the best of times, I like to conserve water to save the environment. :)

if you are so into water conservation, do you not flush the jacks also?

uses more water in the average home than showering does....

anewme wrote: »
    No, you did, you said you were avoiding elderly parent, did you not.

Yes, I did. Everyone is. It is called social distancing and cocooning.

glasso wrote: »

I usually urinate out the window if no one is watching.

Esel wrote: »

Put my name down for a half dozen.

Esel wrote: »

reminds me of something -> I actually met an American guy years ago (probably like 2005) whilst travelling Europe who was selling online what he said were unwashed women's panties (pretending to be some hot chick).

he would go to the American equivalent of Pennies, buy a load of cheap knickers, bring them home, piss on them and dry them out on the line then ship them out to the punters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I’ll take a guess and say that guessing isn’t one of your strong points?

Ok. Second guess is that youre a lazy smelly hippie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

That poster could have a well balanced diet and be pulling off consecutive ghosties.

• Advertisement

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Ok. Second guess is that youre a lazy smelly hippie.

Closer, just not a hippie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You brought that into the thread.

By all means be a mankbag if you're not upwind of anyone else, but smart arse comments to a poster whose parent has been diagnosed with Covid-19 are unnecessary.

You can maintain your humanity and empathy, even if you've let your personal hygiene slip.

Podge201 wrote: »
    That poster could have a well balanced diet and be pulling off consecutive ghosties.

so how does that mean less flushes???

so how does that mean less flushes???

No brown no flush. Yellow mellow.

so just let the ****es float there (ghosties you said) - good solution indeed...? :eek:

By all means be a mankbag if you're not upwind of anyone else, but smart arse comments to a poster whose parent has been diagnosed with Covid-19 are unnecessary.

You can maintain your humanity and empathy, even if you've let your personal hygiene slip.

As I said it was supposed to be a light hearted thread in after hours. Are we not allowed start light hearted threads or make jokes anymore?

But someone has to come in and put a downer on it with talk of ‘mental heath’ and ‘wellbeing’.

• Advertisement

so just let the ****es float there (ghosties you said) - good solution indeed...? :eek:

Bag them up and stick them in the freezer.

As I said it was supposed to be a light hearted thread in after hours. Are we not allowed start light hearted threads or make jokes anymore?

But someone has to come in and put a downer on it with talk of ‘mental heath’ and ‘wellbeing’.

You can ignore comments you don't like, or just say it's a lighthearted thread and don't engage further.

Smart arse comments about that poster's situation are far from lighthearted.

Closer, just not a hippie.

A derelict bum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Are you not aware that not taking care of personal hygiene is a factor in mental health and depression?

You can ignore comments you don't like, or just say it's a lighthearted thread and don't engage further.

Smart arse comments about that's poster's situation are far from lighthearted.

The poster started with a sanctimonious comment, then processed to bring up their situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

Brushed my teeth ; la dee ****ing daa, Your majesty

The poster started with a sanctimonious comment, then processed to bring up their situation.

Have a good scrub, you'll feel better.

A derelict bum?

Actually, can you imagine the smell of unwashed bum that's been enclosed in the same jocks for days?

No wonder he's a bit tetchy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Oh god this again.

Are you not aware that not taking care of personal hygiene is a factor in mental health and depression?

I am aware it can be, I am also aware that it can also be a sign of laziness. As I said, when this is over I will go back to regular showering and clean clothes every day but I don’t see the point of it when I am in my own in lockdown, just more unnecessary clothes to wash. It doesn’t hinder my ability to do my job, enjoy my hobbies, keep in contact with family and friends etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Have a good scrub, you'll feel better.

A nice exfoliating scrub and some body lotion after. Just the ticket!

Actually, can you imagine the smell of unwashed bum that's been enclosed in the same jocks for days?

No wonder he's a bit tetchy.

I'd say he's a bit itchy

Excuse me, I posted that not washing can symptom of depression.

You used that to moan about your parents in isolation.

My response is there are worse things for parents than isolation.

I mentioned it after you did to show that everyone has worries in the current climate. Yes, a parent dying in your childhood is worse than a parent isolation for example.

Dodge wrote: »
    I’m the complete opposite of Rodney. Washing more now than ever before. Must have 2 showers last week. Already had one this week

You are the sort of person who washes at least once a week, whether you need to or not.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'd say he's a bit itchy

I hope he at least washes his hands after scratching.

• Advertisement

No, I think you need to read back the thread in order please.

I’m not going to bother. You clearly wanted to put a downer on the thread from your first post. Well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Just put a sealed 2-3l bottle full of water (whichever fits) into the cistern and it'll flush three or four litres of water instead of 6 each time.

I hope he at least washes his hands after scratching.

Ewww!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I'm with you brother....

Who has the time/energy for a daily shower???

Quick wash twice a week served your grandparents well.......

I’m not a massive fan of washing at the best of times, I like to conserve water to save the environment. :)

I always shower when going to work but often skip showering at the weekends out of laziness, unless I have plans that involve meeting people I know (friends / family etc.). I am happy to go shopping / cinema / food without showering when not meeting anyone I know.

I am in lockdown on my own, so my personal hygiene has taken a backseat. Still brushing my teeth but showering is not top of my agenda.

Any other filthy kernts out there taking advantage of the lockdown to wallow in their own filth?

I’m not going to bother. You clearly wanted to put a downer on the thread from your first post. Well done.

Well, is the upside that you will have a wash in the morning?

I love a nice warm shower. It's usually in the shower that I think of the witty comebacks I could have used to devastating effect, if only I had thought of them during that argument four months ago, when it actually mattered.

You can't beat the feeling of a well scrubbed deodorized body, fresh clean breath, and shiny, bouncy hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Plenty of people out there, on the bus, in queues and shops etc. never had a wash in their life by the smell off them, before we ever heard of covid. They must all have mental health problems :D

To actually answer the question; yes, I still shower every day and wear clean underwear, socks and clothes. The only consession is I'm wearing my slob, about-the-house clothes. The only time I wear outdoor clothes now is to go shopping.

I'm using the lockdown as a chance to do a proper spring clean and sort accumulated stuff I no longer need for eventual delivery to charity shops etc. It keeps my mind occupied and it has a positive effect on mental health (yes, I went there).

Rolllo wrote: »
    Plenty of people out there, on the bus, in queues and shops etc. never had a wash in their life by the smell off them, before we ever heard of covid. They must all have mental health problems :D

Or a bad sense of smell.

What was it they said years ago...every fox smells it's own stink?

Or something like that.

• Advertisement

Well, is the upside that you will have a wash in the morning?

I’m considering it. :)

I’m considering it. :)

Break out the Lynx Africa gel. Someone said it makes women go wild.

No use in lockdown so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

I had a bath today, for the first time in 10 years.

Not because I am rotten, simply because I tried two of the showers in the house and both broke the damned shower heads fell to the floor. Third shower was i use and I couldn’t wait (herself wouldn’t let me in either).

Now I have two new shower heads, and more flipping work to sort out around the house.

I cannot function without a shower every morning.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.... just call me God.;)

NSAman wrote: »
    I had a bath today, for the first time in 10 years.

Not because I am rotten, simply because I tried two of the showers in the house and both broke the damned shower heads fell to the floor. Third shower was i use and I couldn’t wait (herself wouldn’t let me in either).

Now I have two new shower heads, and more flipping work to sort out around the house.

I cannot function without a shower every morning.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.... just call me God.;)

Well la-di-da I have 3 showers! :D

Good old sting on the mickey the hand santatiser gives.

Someone said that about mint shower gel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Having a shower takes 5 to 10 minutes max.
    :confused:

step underwater wet hair grab head and shoulder squeeze, straight on to the head lather, grab shower gel and do the same step out get a good lather going jump back in rinse turn down heat. Finish with cold water to close those pour back up.

Job done.

Don't be a crusty. Shower more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I should also add that I normally change socks / jocks / t-shirt / shirt every day but that all changed on March 28th.

Slippery slope my friend.

The clue in in the name...HAND sanitizer.

Why are you sanitizing your Mickey!!

Well la-di-da I have 3 showers! :D

Actually have 5 but the other two bathrooms are under construction....:)

The clue in in the name...HAND sanitizer.

Why are you sanitizing your Mickey!!

It’s called sexual experimentation, he used the vacuum last week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement