Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Tesco click and collect

Options
  • 07-04-2020 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

I have never used this service before.

Can I ask them to throw my stuff in the boot as I am trying to self isolate as much as possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have never used this service before.

Can I ask them to throw my stuff in the boot as I am trying to self isolate as much as possible?

That's what generally happens. You won't get a delivery slot for weeks though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

My wife normally gets delivery but lately has had to get click and collect.
    She has to bring bags with her. I think they just give her the crates and it’s up to her to load her own car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I think you're looking for click, collect and throw stuff in boot. That's on 3rd. Dont forget your car or it'll be a bag of onions in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

That's what generally happens. You won't get a delivery slot for weeks though

I checked late last night and the Tesco nearest to me had nothing in the next three weeks, while the one a bit further had the entire third week free. I would have driven a long way, I wouldn't mind a nice drive since I can't do/go much other places!

I wanted to talk to an elderly relative about what I was getting so I waited until today. I couldn't believe it! All of the slots were filled up until Thursday almost three weeks from now! They probably put new slots out midnight Sunday or something.

There wasn't a single delivery slot available at any time. It's dog-eat-dog out there, survival of the fittest literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭ps200306

All of the slots were filled up until Thursday almost three weeks from now! They probably put new slots out midnight Sunday or something.

A new day is opened up at midnight each night, currently for approx. three weeks out. If you don't want to sit up till midnight and pounce on it, in my experience you have no problem getting a slot on the newly opened day until early to mid-morning. They're generally all gone by midday.

• Advertisement

ps200306 wrote: »
    A new day is opened up at midnight each night, currently for approx. three weeks out. If you don't want to sit up till midnight and pounce on it, in my experience you have no problem getting a slot on the newly opened day until early to mid-morning. They're generally all gone by midday.

i signed up for my dad the other day. if you are over 65 delivery is free.
    midnight last night a whole new week was available to book, maybe they are doing something extra for the older generation because my wife books ours and she was only getting the first day of that week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

We have 2 big shops booked with Click and Collect weeks in advance. We do all the shopping for three other households as well as our own, because the rest of our family members are high risk. We actually hardly need anything ourselves as we stocked up back in January and did two more stockpiles in early and mid Feb. I grow a lot of my own food and trade with friends, but unfortunately the rest of my family want their sliced pan and all the rest of that crap. I don't know why they can't just make do.

I go online straight away after picking the shopping up then and book the collection after next. We still keep the booking for two weeks time as well, but we always have two lined up to save the slots.

Going collecting shopping tomorrow in a what is almost like a makeshift hazmat suit. They were circulating pictures of me earlier that the OH took and laughing saying I'm overreacting. I wish I didn't have to go at all, but if I didn't go get milk etc they wouldn't go without, would go to the shop and could end up dying.

It's quite mad what people will risk dying for. It's quite mad to put oneself at risk so that others won't. I was especially hurt that they would laugh and try and make me feel insecure about how I look going out when it's they're the ones putting me in danger. It would be like a comedy film except for the actual life and death nature of the situation.

I have no problem admitting I'm scared to go tomorrow. I have asthma. The longer the virus is around, the higher the viral load in places like shops. I'm freaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Seve OB wrote: »
    i signed up for my dad the other day. if you are over 65 delivery is free.
    midnight last night a whole new week was available to book, maybe they are doing something extra for the older generation because my wife books ours and she was only getting the first day of that week.

Was the new week 3weeks away or were there slots for this week and next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

This may be a very stupid question but I'm new to all this...

Can you book multiple slots with the same account? For example could you book one in two weeks and one in three? The way it's coming up for me I'm scared I'll somehow end up losing my two week slot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Can you book multiple slots with the same account? For example could you book one in two weeks and one in three? The way it's coming up for me I'm scared I'll somehow end up losing my three week slot.

Feck I hope this edit isn't too late

With SUPERVALU NOT TESCO you can queue them up one after the other but we don't do more than two at a time cos that's scummy on other people who need it and would result in no free slots if everyone did it.

They won't send any toilet roll BTW so you'll probably have to go somewhere for that

Tesco have a VERY DODGY APP so be careful doing anything, you could lose your slot

• Advertisement

Was the new week 3weeks away or were there slots for this week and next ?

April 29 through to 4 may I think

Can you book multiple slots with the same account? For example could you book one in two weeks and one in three? The way it's coming up for me I'm scared I'll somehow end up losing my two week slot.

Yes, I have 3 deliveries booked for my dad

s1ippy wrote: »
    Feck I hope this edit isn't too late

With SUPERVALU NOT TESCO you can queue them up one after the other but we don't do more than two at a time cos that's scummy on other people who need it and would result in no free slots if everyone did it.

They won't send any toilet roll BTW so you'll probably have to go somewhere for that

Tesco have a VERY DODGY APP so be careful doing anything, you could lose your slot
    Why is is scummy to book More slots? I don’t get you. I booKed 3 but they are each a week away Fromm each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭ps200306

I have a slot booked for every five days, three weeks in advance. Every five days I book a new slot as it opens up, holding it with an order of 20 packs of loo rolls. You can change the order up until the night before delivery. I get emails from Tesco asking me to cancel any orders I don't need and to leave slots free for other people, which I am respectful of. However, I am shopping for four households of people ranging from 60-81 years old, so I believe it's justified. I'm also shipping the food around by car myself, saving Tesco delivery miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

There is a delay but I have got a slot so all sorted now for my turkey, ham and cranberry sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Seve OB wrote: »
    April 29 through to 4 may I think

Oh that's strange. I signed my mum up today but there's no extra week of slots on her over 65 plan, no extra days available either.

However I got an email from Tesco today saying that they're prioritising over 65s from the 13th and there'll be a max of 80 items on orders from then on.

Oh that's strange. I signed my mum up today but there's no extra week of slots on her over 65 plan, no extra days available either.

However I got an email from Tesco today saying that they're prioritising over 65s from the 13th and there'll be a max of 80 items on orders from then on.

Well I signed him up last week and it was only Sunday or Monday night when the new week became available. Maybe next Sunday or Monday it will kick in for you

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I was just checking and I could book a slot for wednesday the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

I used Click and Collect in Tesco the other day for the 1st time and was well impressed.. got a slot for the following day - the lads wer lovely - offered to bring the crates to the car (but i declined - cud do it myself).. everything was in order - bingo - so handy - and no charge.. i felt like tipping them but didn't have cash - prob wudn't be covid friendly to do so anyway..
    Thanks Tesco.

Advertisement