Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Coffee and laptop in bed, bath is ready and then going to demolish a big mixed grill with toast.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Coffee and laptop in bed, bath is ready and then going to demolish a big mixed grill with toast.

Rows Grower, sounds like a beautiful morning.

Could you post up your recipe for KFC again please??

Just for you Mystery Egg...

https://www.thesun.ie/money/3892162/how-to-make-kfc-at-home-as-we-reveal-the-secret-to-crispy-fried-chicken/

And actually just had a few mysterious eggs there myself with spring onion/cracked black pepper and smoked garlic and basil sausages, chestnut mushrooms and fried left over gratin potatoes.

Had more coffee too, feeling alive, bring it on world, I'm ready for the day!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Are they quails eggs RG? Looks delish.

Coffee, with toast and poached eggs here after being out at the driving range with the young lad. Need a hot shower now to get the heat back into me!

VW 1 wrote: »
    Are they quails eggs RG? Looks delish.

Coffee, with toast and poached eggs here after being out at the driving range with the young lad. Need a hot shower now to get the heat back into me!

Yeah, got a gift of 40 of them from a friend yesterday, as soon as our little flock of turkeys are out of the way I'll be replacing them with a few quail.

• Advertisement

Just for you Mystery Egg...

https://www.thesun.ie/money/3892162/how-to-make-kfc-at-home-as-we-reveal-the-secret-to-crispy-fried-chicken/

And actually just had a few mysterious eggs there myself with spring onion/cracked black pepper and smoked garlic and basil sausages, chestnut mushrooms and fried left over gratin potatoes.

Had more coffee too, feeling alive, bring it on world, I'm ready for the day!

Thanks a million. Will save the link this time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Mini selection box and cuppa tea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Roast chicken & stuffed it. Mash, croquettes, mushy peas, carrots, a yorkshire & of course gravy. I can't even see straight I'm that stuffed myself

Surf and turf for the main event this evening.

Scallop in the shell in a white wine sauce with cheddar and bacon breadcrumbs courtesy of Lidl, sirloin steak with gratin potatoes, chips, peas and coleslaw and then a portion of homemade Tiramisu to finish it off.

Might as well have an Irish coffee now seeing as how there's fresh cream made.

Tough ol' station being stuck up a mountain in south Kerry.

It'll be a boiled egg again in the morning so in for a penny, in for a pound....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

No big deal stuff today. A bacon (not rashers) sandwich this morning with a few slices of cheddar cheese and mayo. A bag of Tayto with it. OJ to wash it down. A nice long walk in the cold fog with Mrs G followed. Upon the return, I peeled some spuds, carrots and parsnip. All were roasted in a post roast chicken juice. The girls loved it and mine looks good for later along with the chicken gravy.

I did a suppin a beer with football Sunday again. Another two weeks and its over anyway. Mixing it up here with some Frys chocolate creme and lager. But that dinner will be demolished soon enough.

It'll be a boiled egg again in the morning so in for a penny, in for a pound....

My Dad is over for breakfast in the morning as I have to drive him for a blood test. Once he's done Mrs G has a breakfast of sausages and fried eggs with batch loaf lined up!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My Dad is over for breakfast in the morning as I have to drive him for a blood test. Once he's done Mrs G has a breakfast of sausages and fried eggs with batch loaf lined up!

Treasure every moment dude, my Dad's first anniversary is in 4 weeks and I'd give my right arm to have him here.

Treasure every moment dude, my Dad's first anniversary is in 4 weeks and I'd give my right arm to have him here.

I do. 76 years old now. Needs a new hip and going for it. Still young at heart. He'll mill the breakfast and I'll make him some dinner later tomorrow after we hit Aldi for supplies, not that he gives a crap about Aldi.:D My mother will be with us also hobbling behind a trolley. Hospital lab with the bloods before that. His name is all over the chicken legs from tonights roast. He loves them with chips!

I'm thinking of a glass of cold bainne and some bread and butter with the dinner of roasties, chicken, roasted veg and decent gravy. It looks likely! Damn the sport. At this time of the year, I'd have usually had the din dins hours ago, a few pints out and a snack before the leaba. Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Bainne is Irish for milk yes? I struggle at times with English. I don't stand a chance with your native language,lol.Enjoy your time with your father and I pray his results are good.

Made a big batch of the mock KFC with onion rings and chestnut mushrooms, threw it in the oven then on low heat while I made chips and peppercorn sauce.

Young fella winded it the second he opened the front door so we had an early stretch or starve dinner and there's loads left for him to have another feast later.

A couple of cold bottles of Miller went down well with it, too stuffed for a dessert.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yo eatin' and drinkin' guys. I'm just a light-weight at the moment. Sipping light roast creamy sweetness. :D

The power is gone and you can't cook a feckin fillet steak over a candle.:eek: At least the beer was chilled.

Laters......I hope.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

The power is gone and you can't cook a feckin fillet steak over a candle.
    Yo Grandeeod. How about steak shish kebab? :)

• Advertisement

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo Grandeeod. How about steak shish kebab? :)

The plan was steak and chips with mushrooms and szechuan sauce. I'm holding out!

The plan was steak and chips with mushrooms and szechuan sauce. I'm holding out!
    Yum. Make extra Grandeeod. Slides plate over.

BBQ Pringles and gin and tonic while watching Die Hard.

BBQ Pringles and gin and tonic while watching Die Hard.

That is simply divine if I may say so in my poshest accent.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cottage pie :)

Club orange and Tayto cheese and onion now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Peel on crisps sea salt and black pepper with a beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I had homemade potato and shrimp chowder with a sourdough roll. Now enjoying a glass of Shiraz.

Pan fried pork chop, chips and baked beans. Skinny coke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Pan fried pork chop, chips and baked beans. Skinny coke.

Two slices of bread with that and your on a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Salad roll :)

Advertisement