Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AMAZON - D-Link DWR-921/B 4G LTE Router -With SIM SLOT - £45.37 / €55

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭lau1247

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Could I get some feedback from GOMO customers using this router on the internet speeds?
    I'm needing a cheap broadband connection for basic tasks like browsing & netflix.

thanks

Working grand for me. Had it running for about 3 weeks now, no issue to date where I'm. I (light user) use it from casual web surfing on laptop (Wireless, random times), netflix on Shield (wireless, 2-3 hours a day, didn't change any stream quality setting, in fact couldn't find where to change so left at that :pac:) and Philips hue hub (Wired - On all the time). Will soon add Google Home to it too.

I didn't try with few streaming (Mobile, shield, laptop) running all at once since anything that I can do on mobile (Also Gomo), I try to keep the activities there.

Regarding the router, it is nothing fancy, basic enough but functional. Don't expect to be able to change the Admin password for the router (You can set the wifi password), it just lock you out completely unless you are prepared to do a hard reset whenever you need access back into the router after the admin password change.

You can view the SMS that comes in via the router setting page but I didn't see any possibility to set a warning for data limit.

I cancelled Virgin 55 Eur per month last month and haven't look back since. So far Gomo and this router has worked a treat.

Hope this helps.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

lau1247 wrote: »
    Working grand for me. Had it running for about 3 weeks now, no issue to date where I'm. I (light user) use it from casual web surfing on laptop (Wireless, random times), netflix on Shield (wireless, 2-3 hours a day, didn't change any stream quality setting, in fact couldn't find where to change so left at that :pac:) and Philips hue hub (Wired - On all the time). Will soon add Google Home to it too.

I didn't try with few streaming (Mobile, shield, laptop) running all at once since anything that I can do on mobile (Also Gomo), I try to keep the activities there.

Regarding the router, it is nothing fancy, basic enough but functional. Don't expect to be able to change the Admin password for the router (You can set the wifi password), it just lock you out completely unless you are prepared to do a hard reset whenever you need access back into the router after the admin password change.

You can view the SMS that comes in via the router setting page but I didn't see any possibility to set a warning for data limit.

I cancelled Virgin 55 Eur per month last month and haven't look back since. So far Gomo and this router has worked a treat.

Hope this helps.

Sounds great thanks for the response

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

lau1247 wrote: »

Hope this helps.
    Cancelled Virgin too, I'm no longer subsidising people who want fast connections.

No router, using my old phone as a hotspot. Bought a long usb cable in a poundshop and put it on a window upstairs to get a good signal.

Tip for anyone on Virgin, you can lookup how much you download on your profile. If you have a dual sim phone it just takes a swipe down and a click to change to using a second sim if you need more.

Use https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/ and something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite to see which towers or windows work best.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Did people having issues ever get this router to work with their Gomo sim in the end?
    Purchased the router brand new a few weeks back but no matter what settings/advice I have tested it wouldn't work.

Tried the various APN settings and other maunal settings suggested here
    Sim pin is disabled
    Completely reset router and settings.

I've come back to it and tried repeatedly but no luck. Sim works in my phone and the hotspot from it generally works well, it is just quite frustrating to have purchased a suppousedly decent router that I can't make us of.

I'm not an IT expert but wouldn't exactly call myself illiterate at this stuff either. 'Quick and easy to set up' my a**

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Did people having issues ever get this router to work with their Gomo sim in the end?
    Purchased the router brand new a few weeks back but no matter what settings/advice I have tested it wouldn't work.

Sim pin is disabled

I've come back to it and tried repeatedly but no luck. Sim works in my phone and the hotspot from it generally works well, it is just quite frustrating to have purchased a suppousedly decent router that I can't make us of.

I'm not an IT expert but wouldn't exactly call myself illiterate at this stuff either. 'Quick and easy to set up' my a**

Put your sim in the phone - did you have to enter the pin again? You must make sure pin in permanently disabled by removing the SIM card and putting back in the phone and not being prompted for the pin before trying in the router. Mine GoMo works with no issues in this router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi all,

There are two pins in use, one to lock the phone and the other to lock the sim. Make sure the sim pin is unlocked. Then put the sim in the dongle.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi all,

There are two pins in use, one to lock the phone and the other to lock the sim. Make sure the sim pin is unlocked. Then put the sim in the dongle.

J

What's the bargain?

What's the bargain?

He's answering KTBFFH's question.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Sim pin is disabled

Do you want to sell it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Sim pin is disabled

I didn't order an extra SIM for mine until the start of this month. It's up and running without issue. It's already been noted above that it's slow enough for the connection to go live. Anyway, here are a few screenshots from the set up menu...

attachment.php?attachmentid=509011&d=1586523154

Under the internet tab, make sure that the connection type is 4G LTE / 3G

Everything else should autopopulate with autodetection

Despite the commments above, there is a field to enter the PIN so no need to disable

Once this is done, go to the home tab

attachment.php?attachmentid=509012&d=1586523154

You can see the status of the connection here, like I said, you need to wait a short while for it to go live. You can see the disconnect button, this toggles to connect if you are disconnected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

With every man and his dog on 4 g connection I changed mine to 3 g only it's far more stable speeds not a good at 4g but I can live with.
    Iam with 3network

Thank you for your replies. I have not yet been able to get it working.

-I have the sim pin disabled. Made sure by restarting phone and also removing and inserting sim again, multiple times. I do not get asked for my SIM pin on the phone.
    -I also tried to enable the SIM Pin again and then put it in the SIM pin on DLink configuration page
    as suggested by alias no.9 screenshots above.
    -I have waited 20 minutes to see if it will connect after setup as it has been suggested it takes time to configure.

The signal/strength light just flashes orange. After some time goes between flashing red and then back to flashing orange.
    LAN, POWER and WLAN all green lights.

Any other suggestions are very welcome

EDIT: Just to add I have a nano SIM and have it in a SIM adapter, just in case that makes any difference.

Using the same sim in the phone then in the router must be the problem

naughto wrote: »
    Using the same sim in the phone then in the router must be the problem

Could you elaborate a little more? I don't understand why that would be an issue.

I have 2 Gomo sims, both work in the phone but not in the router. Anything that makes it work I am listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is it recognising the SIM?

• Advertisement

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Is it recognising the SIM?

No, I believe not.

The internet section of the DLINK home configuration (where your screenshot above shows IP Address, subnet mask, DNS etc.) is different to yours in that they are all 0 or 0.000.0.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

When you say sim adapter, is it something you bought ?

The nano sim, should fit back in the 3 in 1 type sim adapter as it came from Gomo. As the nano sim works on your phone then as long as it is seated correctly , it has to work in the router too.

Which then leaves only the router, do a factory reset, and if it still doesn't work, then the router must be a dud.

When you say sim adapter, is it something you bought ?

The nano sim, should fit back in the 3 in 1 type sim adapter as it came from Gomo. As the nano sim works on your phone then as long as it is seated correctly , it has to work in the router too.

Which then leaves only the router, do a factory reset, and if it still doesn't work, then the router must be a dud.

Yes, I purchased this Sim adapter as the DLink has a large Sim Card slot too big to fit my nano Sim in to. https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Adaptors-Adapter-Holder-Bundle/dp/B009HN5IO4

I had to remove the original 3 in 1 adapter as it came from Gomo because I needed the sim to fit in my Samsung Galaxy phone which only has space for micro/nano.

I have tried a factory reset but to no avail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I had to remove the original 3 in 1 adapter as it came from Gomo because I needed the sim to fit in my Samsung Galaxy phone which only has space for micro/nano.

Yes, but it will still fit back into the bit that came from Gomo, if you still have it.

The 3 in one adapter from gomo should fit the router even the large size

• Advertisement

Yes, but it will still fit back into the bit that came from Gomo, if you still have it.

It fits with a caveat, its a little finniky and can fall out of place easily and I was worried it would get stuck somewhere I could not remove it from, hence the purchase of a different adapter. Still goes in the exact same way and the adapter is the same size/shape as Gomo.

Just to be clear, I tried the sim as it was Gomo provided it in the beginning, standard size. That did not work either.

And the sim works in other things, just not being recognised in the router.

Advertisement