Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DANNO's THOUGHTS Jan 31 2005

• 01-02-2005 3:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

*DISCLAIMER* These forecasts are experimental.

View the Charts: CLICK HERE

Discussion:
    Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday…
    The week will begin on a quiet note with high pressure to the west of Ireland. It will be rather cloudy both by day and by night. Some holes in the cloud locally will allow sunny spells by day, but a risk of frost by night, where they occur. Winds will be light, north westerly, but becoming fresh to strong on Wednesday.

Some areas, mainly to the NE of high ground will be prone to drizzle, especially in the North and East. Later on Wednesday, some thicker cloud will approach the NW coast bringing drizzle there.

Thursday:
    Rain in the NW, otherwise a nice day for the rest. Winds will be strong south westerly. Later in the day, cloud will cross the country from the NW towards the SE, heralding approaching rain.

Overnight on Thursday, rain will spread to all areas before a clearance gets into the NW. By dawn, much of the rain will have cleared and a frost will set in across the North Midlands with the risk of icy stretches on roads. Some showers may affect the very NW coast by morning with some sleet.
    Winds will remain fresh to strong but will back Westerly and later NW.

Friday:
    Friday will see the start of a cold spell of weather setting in across the very N and NW. There will be showers of rain for all in a blustery NW wind and there will be a risk of thunder, especially over the North where there could be hail also, particularly later on in the afternoon. By evening, there will be sleet showers in the N and NW.

Overnight, winds will slacken overland, but remain fresh in the N and NW where there will be some wintry showers affecting the coastal counties over night.
    A sharp to severe frost will set in inland, with the risk of some ice.

Saturday:
    A bitterly cold day with sunshine and showers of rain, hail, sleet and some snow over the high ground of the N and NW. There will be a risk of thunder too in gusty NW winds. These winds will veer N later in the day and the showers will become more wintry, with snow at lower levels by evening, even in some southern areas too.

Overnight, sees showers of sleet and snow continuing for many areas, heaviest in the N and NW, where the winds will be fresh to strong, even gales offshore. The very SE will be largely clear and very frosty with lows locally down to -5c.

Sunday:
    Sunday will be a day of sunny spells and wintry showers in a N or NE wind. The wind will be gusty at times with offshore gales. The showers will be largely of rain and sleet in the SW and W where temperatures will climb to 5c. Over the Northern and Eastern half of the country, showers will be of sleet or snow.

Overnight, there is a chance of persistent snowfall developing over midland and eastern areas, with showers of sleet and snow along the west coast. Some accumulations are quite possible with one to five inches possible.

Long Range forecast available on the website linked above.

Comments

I think your chart showing a temperature of mins 5 c in the south East on saturday night is probably way lower than what it will be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Forgot to say good stuff Danno hope it comes off
    although the weekend really did us all a blow :o :rolleyes:

Cheers and my eyes will be on the site :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cheers,

I will be updating every Monday night and posting a new thread on here like this one! (Or editing this one if possible!)

Danno wrote:
    Cheers,

I will be updating every Monday night

I've no problem with that but keep it in this thread-you will need a new title.
    Suggest one and I will change it for you if Vbulletin wont allow you.

Weathercheck-your experimental forecasts can be put in here also- in formal format they stay here-thats different to Model chat and discussion on the current trends etc which can go in the sticky thread.

And if anyone else wants to have a go at it... by all means :)

Danno wrote:
    Cheers,

I will be updating every Monday night and posting a new thread on here like this one! (Or editing this one if possible!)

Looks like you wont be able to now....

As one of the moderators here I've noticed that you have received a one week ban from the entire site for breaking the charter of the "for sale" board regarding U2 tickets.
    All moderators of Boards.ie are informed of site wide bans and this is going to prohibit you from posting here for a week or ten days also.

Do not re register under another nick as this is something the owners of Boards.ie( the people who have handed down the ban ) frown upon and would give you a permanent ban if thay discovered this

*edit* I think that ban lasts 10 days

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement