Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ggmad

Can you keep your number from a different network?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Had my mother on the Guido for years. Had a problem with reception last week so I disabled auto renew as her phone was down for 4 days. Managed to sort out the issue with her phone but forgot to enable auto renew. Sub ran out and no option to purchase Guido so bought the 20gb package just to get her up and running. Was on to 48 chat today and explained the situation but she cannot change back to Guido. Data no use to her as she just has a basic phone and wouldn't have a clue on how to use the internet. I was initially told on chat that she could exchange data for extra minutes but the agent then backtracked on that. Guess she will be porting in a months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Had my mother on the Guido for years. Had a problem with reception last week so I disabled auto renew as her phone was down for 4 days. Managed to sort out the issue with her phone but forgot to enable auto renew. Sub ran out and no option to purchase Guido so bought the 20gb package just to get her up and running. Was on to 48 chat today and explained the situation but she cannot change back to Guido. Data no use to her as she just has a basic phone and wouldn't have a clue on how to use the internet. I was initially told on chat that she could exchange data for extra minutes but the agent then backtracked on that. Guess she will be porting in a months time.

New plan: 300 minutes, all text, 20GB
    Guido: 300 mobile mins, 60 landline mins, all text, 3GB

So the new plan has 60 minutes less but the 300 minutes can be used for mobile and landline calls so it's more flexible.

They definitely had the option to swap data for minutes on the new plans but deleted it from the terms within a day or two. It would have been real competition to Three's own 15e plan so Three must have told them to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

My dad has a basic phone and the 10 euro
    Eir packagee for unlimited calls is ok for him. He doesn't use data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Hintel

Is switching straightforward I've got a.sim on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Any problems with 48.ie getting security codes from banks,gmail,Amazon ,Revolut etc?
    No, they come in from normal mobile numbers anyway.

Well any I ever got did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Ordered a week ago and received nothing, shame.

If ye left ye can't come back to my network!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

For anyone that received their SIM, is delivery recorded or just ordinary post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I ordered a week ago too, got email on Friday saying order shipped so they are slow getting them out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

JTMan wrote: »
    Three own 48.

That’s completely irrelevant as it’s run as a seperate buisness

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭dollylama

What prefix are they issuing for new SIM cards.. 083 or 086?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,372 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ten Pin wrote: »
    New plan: 300 minutes, all text, 20GB
    Guido: 300 mobile mins, 60 landline mins, all text, 3GB

So the new plan has 60 minutes less but the 300 minutes can be used for mobile and landline calls so it's more flexible.

They definitely had the option to swap data for minutes on the new plans but deleted it from the terms within a day or two. It would have been real competition to Three's own 15e plan so Three must have told them to remove it.

Am I missing something, or have they 'hidden' the minutes available on each plan? This information is not available on the membership page, is it?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dollylama wrote: »

Three issues 083 numbers. I think I heard that business customers get 086 numbers but not sure on that.

48 issues 089 numbers.

The thread title should be edited to remove 'Three' as it's just needlessly confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Just updated from the Guido my new membership will start from my next renewal date ,easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

dollylama wrote: »

Is it not 089?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭dollylama

ted1 wrote: »
    Is it not 089?

According to Quackster above it's 089. I would have thought that with them being an ex-o2 brand that they were issuing 086 prefixes.

I wouldn't be all that keen on having an 089 prefix and based on a thread here recently, I'm not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That's interesting. I had thought 089 was TescoMobile only.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Esel wrote: »
    That's interesting. I had thought 089 was TescoMobile only.

48 has used 089 from launch, when they were part of O2. Lyca also uses 089 prefix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

089 was for O2 MVNO's, carried on by Three when they took over, for Virgin and CPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnBarry

lets hope vodafone will put out a half decent €10 all you can eat data plan
    it will blow all the competitors out of the water in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

JohnBarry wrote: »
    lets hope vodafone will put out a half decent €10 all you can eat data plan
    it will blow all the competitors out of the water in my opinion

I wish they would but I'd say there's little chance of them doing that unless everybody starts leaving them for their competitors.
    They don't seem to be up for this "competition" lark :rolleyes:.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if banking or other 2FA SMS from short code numbers work (5xxxx numbers are blocked by 48)?

I'd also like to know the answer to this if anybody can help.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I haven't come into an issue yet, and have gotten codes from AIB, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon etc.

Cheers.
    Virgin are over 6 months trying to sort out their SIM's not getting the texts and no update as to when they will fix it it so ordered a 48 SIM so let's hope it works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

dollylama wrote:
    I wouldn't be all that keen on having an 089 prefix and based on a thread here recently, I'm not alone!

Why not?
    It's just a number, unless I'm missing something...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

parttime wrote: »
    Why not?
    It's just a number, unless I'm missing something...
    Some posters on the Motoring forum won't answer calls or texts from 089 when selling a car. It's racist, Joe! :)

Not your ornery onager

okidoki987 wrote: »

What companies use these???

I've a good few 2FA all from normal mobile numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

okidoki987 wrote: »

I use 48, I received a text from a 5xxxx number last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Hi all.I ordered sim 11days ago but still have not received one.Did anyone order here and still waiting?

Advertisement